Table manners....eating in or out....

Do you take your little kid out to eat? What kind of establishments?

Yes, all sorts of places. Most of the times very nice places.

I have to add this -

My daughter is one of the most nicest kids out there. She is very polite, clean, and intelligent. She's a charm to take to places anytime anywhere.
I've been very lucky with her from her birth up till this point of her life.

She actually criticized Potts on how he was taking too big of bites and informing them that he had too much Carbs on their plate, and she's only 8.

Yes, all sorts of places. Most of the times very nice places.
Then you taught your child proper manners and behavior before going to the restaurants.

My dad always took my brother and me to nice restaurants to dine, as far back as I can remember. He never took us to a fast food place or even a buffet. When he ate out, he wanted full service. We weren't allowed to order "kiddie menu" items either. His philosophy was, if you eat out at a restaurant, you eat that establishment's specialties, not mac and cheese or hot dogs.

My dad even looked down on "lazy" lobster which my little brother ordered because it meant someone else took the meat out for him. :giggle:

The only times we stopped at "diners" during the 1950's was because our family drove cross country from New Jersey to southern California, and back. There weren't as many convenient places to stop and eat along the highway then.

Then you taught your child proper manners and behavior before going to the restaurants.

My dad always took my brother and me to nice restaurants to dine, as far back as I can remember. He never took us to a fast food place or even a buffet. When he ate out, he wanted full service. We weren't allowed to order "kiddie menu" items either. His philosophy was, if you eat out at a restaurant, you eat that establishment's specialties, not mac and cheese or hot dogs.

My dad even looked down on "lazy" lobster which my little brother ordered because it meant someone else took the meat out for him. :giggle:

The only times we stopped at "diners" during the 1950's was because our family drove cross country from New Jersey to southern California, and back. There weren't as many convenient places to stop and eat along the highway then.

Nice :) I'm the same way as your father. BTW I edited my last post.

If it's fine dining, I wouldn't take small children there, period. Children are OK in finer restaurants if they've been taught properly at home first.

"Family" style restaurants are OK for small kids. Even then, don't take them if they're tired and cranky, don't stay long, and bring their own bottles, sippy cups, favorite snacks, and small, quiet toys. Don't let them go wild.

Exactly! We don't linger once he's done eating, even when he's being excellent-- AND I'm learning what places are too overstimulating for him-- for some reason Cracker Barrel just makes him nuts-- first time he went nuts there I thought it was just he was tired but it's happened since then-- so we won't be going there as a family again :( :( not for a while at least. It's always hit or miss w/him *sigh*

Exactly! We don't linger once he's done eating, even when he's being excellent-- AND I'm learning what places are too overstimulating for him-- for some reason Cracker Barrel just makes him nuts-- first time he went nuts there I thought it was just he was tired but it's happened since then-- so we won't be going there as a family again :( :( not for a while at least. It's always hit or miss w/him *sigh*

I like how observant you are with your little one :)

Funny you mentioned this. When our dad took us out to eat it was like this:
We went to either McDonald's or Subway. He would order one large drink for my brother, him, and I to share (Ick) and he would order two adult meals, one for him and one for me and my brother to share. This was his way of 'feeding three people for the price of two'. On especially hot summer days, he would drink the first half of the coke down in one gulp, then hand it to my brother, then he would drink anywhere from 1/2 of that to 3/4 of it then I would get the last 2 or 3 little sips out of the whole bottle. Then my dad always wondered why I hated to go places with him and my brother...

I like how observant you are with your little one :)

Thanks PFH, I'm trying!! He's a handful sometimes and an Angel others... w/his SPD you never know what will set him off... and although I know he can't help it, it's embarrassing when people stare at him-- he doesn't LOOK 'different' so strangers just think he's a brat and I don't discipline him... he needs a shirt that says.. "I know I look typical but I'm special needs, please be patient with me, I'm trying!!"

Nice :) I'm the same way as your father. BTW I edited my last post.
Thanks for letting me know; I went back to read the edited post. :)

Little kids don't need to eat with their hands.

This is me "dining" in my high chair. :lol:

Attachments

• me_highchair.jpg
    me_highchair.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 8
Funny you mentioned this. When our dad took us out to eat it was like this:
We went to either McDonald's or Subway. He would order one large drink for my brother, him, and I to share (Ick) and he would order two adult meals, one for him and one for me and my brother to share. This was his way of 'feeding three people for the price of two'. On especially hot summer days, he would drink the first half of the coke down in one gulp, then hand it to my brother, then he would drink anywhere from 1/2 of that to 3/4 of it then I would get the last 2 or 3 little sips out of the whole bottle. Then my dad always wondered why I hated to go places with him and my brother...
:eek3:

Hubby can't stand Cracker Barrel either, so he's in good company. :lol:

Thanks for letting me know; I went back to read the edited post. :)

Little kids don't need to eat with their hands.

This is me "dining" in my high chair. :lol:

Nice picture! Did ya know that high chair was made of lead? :D Just joshin'

Hubby can't stand Cracker Barrel either, so he's in good company. :lol:

LOL we tried it again this AM for breakfast-- WOW no!!! As soon as we got to the parking lot, he was my sweet boy again-- good as could be! IDK what it is... now he LOVES Texas Roadhouse-- and it's always noisy and crazy in there???

LOL we tried it again this AM for breakfast-- WOW no!!! As soon as we got to the parking lot, he was my sweet boy again-- good as could be! IDK what it is... now he LOVES Texas Roadhouse-- and it's always noisy and crazy in there???
It's noisy at the Texas Roadhouse??? Didn't know.

Love their rolls. I might have to go now. lol

Yo Adamsmomma, give me Adam, i'll take care of him...

i've been working with MANY special needs kids and it is TOUGH to crack, yes, i know. I THINK i can CRACK his meltdowns when it is comes.

I remember that i have one student have same as your son have. One student is 6th grade is what your son have is TOUGH to crack until winter time, i discovered how to CRACK him down. A student calm instantly after I gave him a something to keep him busy what he is REALLY likes- coloring books. I tried give him a isolate desk, not work..gave him isolate with one assistant, not work...told him no rewards/computer time..not work and it is worse. I ALMOST gave up, went home and called my old teacher in back in elementary days (mainstream). We had talk for almost two hours, decided to do something different. In next morning,he was UPSET over a little thing happened before school start...i decided to ignore him and teaching, it has been continuing. I dont even want to page Adjustment Teacher, i want to do it myself. I decided told him to go to drink from water foundation, got upset, i told him take a short nap, upset...i told him to get coloring books and color it.. guess what? he smiled and did it.

after that, ever since, it is worked. HAVE to find something that will makes him happy and focus at one subject that will keep him occupied.

Nice picture! Did ya know that high chair was made of lead? :D Just joshin'
It would explain a lot if it were. :lol:

I did eat with my fingers sometimes; here at the beach in Key West:

Attachments

• me_hotdogbun_KW.jpg
    me_hotdogbun_KW.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 6
Back