T-Mobile Sidekick pager --

Fly Free

Reaction score
MizzDeaf had gotten home with the equipment order form and all that and we were talking abt the costs/monthly charges and etc til i happened to read the customer info part at the bottom of the page and it says and i quote -- "... within 14 days of your purchase date for a full refund of your purchase price." and it just completely do an about face and says "Do not ship your device back until you contact Wynd or your Wynd Dealer for a T-Mobile Cancellation Form and return instructions." this just simply DO NOT make ANY sense!!! if the customer is not allowed to return the device to the dealer until the customer HAS the Cancellation Form on hand (after contacting Wynd/Wynd Dealer) the return dates would have been PAST 14 days from purchase and with the known reputation of Wyndtell for being SO BAD with customer service -- this just REEKS of a ripoff!!!!!

what do u ppl think q

That's a good point/thinking !!! My brother wanted to replace
his older sidekick for a new sidekick, but he was having a very difficult time
to get it exchanged/replaced even though we have many
new T-mobile stores nearby.. These T-mobile stores refuse
to fix or exchange any sidekicks... They want to sell any sidekicks,
but NOT to fix or replace it !!! They just want to sell, sell, sell,
sell sell them and they want nothing to do with fix or replace Sigh....

interesting information you've brought up, Fly Free. Maybe you and MizzDeaf go to local TMobile dealer and ask them some questions before you can decide whether it is worth or not.

OFC, I have not decided on which pager is the best suitable for me.

Anyway, my friend and I discussed about pagers...we agreed that Deaf dealers like Wyndtell, for example, are ripping off customers, period.

Getting pagers from your local dealers...they may not rip you off, but be careful when checking out options.

Oddball said:
Anyway, my friend and I discussed about pagers...we agreed that Deaf dealers like Wyndtell, for example, are ripping off customers, period.

Oddball -- yes but the trouble is MizzDeaf and i found that Wyndtell is also an authorized dealer for other brand name pager services like Earthlink, Weblink, Verizon wireless, RIM and others -- it just smacks of a ripoff by Wyndtell themselves even if theyre authorized dealers for other brand names!

Wyndtell :rl:

Fly free and MIzz Deaf YES that is INDEED a ripoff! as far as im concerned what they said was a total 180 on u guys and thats not right my suggestion????? CONTACT BBB and report that cuz that *contractual* statement is deffy reeking of rip off, and also notify them abt Wynd's rip off as well, GLAD U caught that in time before u both got stuck in such a manner where ur screwed to the T

Fly Free said:
Oddball -- yes but the trouble is MizzDeaf and i found that Wyndtell is also an authorized dealer for other brand name pager services like Earthlink, Weblink, Verizon wireless, RIM and others -- it just smacks of a ripoff by Wyndtell themselves even if theyre authorized dealers for other brand names!

Wyndtell :rl:

I will find out when I go to local Tmobile dealer and read the fine print..If I see the term of "Wyndtell", then I will reconsider about buying a pager for myself.

I wouldn't go through Wynd. I would go straight through T-Mo and if you have a local T-Mo store, go through them. Then, you can return it right to the store.

Wyndtell has been taking steps to slowly improve customer service. When they were bought out (several times) the purchasing companies never bothered to support their deaf customers. If you're looking for excellent customer service, Wyndtell may not be ready for prime time yet, but they are definitely addressing the issue.

u mean wyndtell pager itself? lol I kept them cuz they were dying anyways.. didn't work good if I sent them back but nah.. not worth my time but about t-mobile pager yeah u need to pay for new pager if u wanted color sidekick pager then pay 300 again but if u don't have insurance covered by some1 or whatever then it'll cost u MORE $$$$ which is true tho ugh.. just wanted to let u know ;)

Does anyone know if T-mobile has voice-to-text message services? I just got mine today, and I was so used to giving out a 800 number for my hearing family and friends to contact me (they call that 800 number, leave a message for me, and it is texted to me by the operator).

That was from AT&T.

I just called a T-Mobile rep, and they have no clue or they're so sure there's nothing like that. Grr....

Anyone?

Sweet_KJ said:
Does anyone know if T-mobile has voice-to-text message services? I just got mine today, and I was so used to giving out a 800 number for my hearing family and friends to contact me (they call that 800 number, leave a message for me, and it is texted to me by the operator).

That was from AT&T.

I just called a T-Mobile rep, and they have no clue or they're so sure there's nothing like that. Grr....

Anyone?

T-mobile don't have such like that.

Sweet_KJ said:

That was from AT&T.

Anyone?
They can email or text message you. 99% of people have cell phones and you have unlimited text messaging. There is also AIM and Email. I think all those services are good enough. My Deaf friends get by with that.

yes.. but what about people who don't own a comp or cell phone. I actually do have some close friends/family who are still in the 'dark ages' lol. Only a landline or payphone.

and also potential employers?? how do they get in touch w/ me?

I contacted fusewireless.com (where i got the SK from), they only gave me their site showing the tty option. that won't work for me all the time :(

I'm on the road a lot also,... so for those who emails from computer, it can't be reliable that they'll get my email response in a timely matter (or if they'd even still be online).. especially if it's an emergency.

I'm just venting out. heh. I'll get started on a letter of suggestion/complaint to T-Mobile. If AT&T has that kind of service, all carriers should have it.

Last edited:
Dennis said:
Wyndtell has been taking steps to slowly improve customer service. When they were bought out (several times) the purchasing companies never bothered to support their deaf customers. If you're looking for excellent customer service, Wyndtell may not be ready for prime time yet, but they are definitely addressing the issue.

Dennis -- well im sorry to say this but :thumbd: to Wyndtell's service records -- they SUCK and theres SO many complaints abt Wyndtell's customer services and how BADLY it is done -- it takes MONTHS for a representative to get back to the customer and etc etc -- Wyndtell should be put out of business thats what i think!

Wyndtell may not be ready for prime time yet
u said that Dennis and Wyndtell has been around for a few YEARS now!! and u saying "not ready" oh plueeze! :roll:

:fu2: Wyndtell!

Back