T-Mobile Sidekick LX 3G Officially Announced All Over Again

I now have my new Sidekick LX in my hands, and I freaking LOVE it! I'm happy with it so far. :)
That is good to know that you love your new Sidekick. Perhaps, you could share pros/cons about it with us? :)

So far no cons with it. Just happy to see the Myspace, Facebook and Twitter applications are all free on the LX. On the 3, you had to pay a monthly fee to use the Myspace application and I didn't care for that. I'm really impressed with it so far and I've only had it for about an hour. It comes with a 1gb micro sd card, a big jump from whatever the mini sd card was that originally came with the 3 (56mb?). I can't use the 3G stuff since we don't have 3G coverage in Wyoming, but that's ok.

So far no cons with it. Just happy to see the Myspace, Facebook and Twitter applications are all free on the LX. On the 3, you had to pay a monthly fee to use the Myspace application and I didn't care for that. I'm really impressed with it so far and I've only had it for about an hour. It comes with a 1gb micro sd card, a big jump from whatever the mini sd card was that originally came with the 3 (56mb?). I can't use the 3G stuff since we don't have 3G coverage in Wyoming, but that's ok.

2 cons:
No wifi support
No tethering

Last edited:
those are not cons for me as I don't care about wifi and I have no idea what therthing is.

I believe what Nathan meant to spell tethering.

I don't really care for big stuff that would cause the batteries to drain quickly.

Yep the more options you use, the faster the battery drains...

We looking at Verizon and ATT now.

Any suggestions ?

Yep the more options you use, the faster the battery drains...

We looking at Verizon and ATT now.

Any suggestions ?

Depends on coverage, you need check their coverage, if you want 3G then check coverage if 3G is offered.

I wouldn't buy sidekick bad experience with that for 2 years of useless sidekick that would say sorry no service when I am in country. no good network service.

I stick with my Treo 700wx sprint I have for 3 years it USEFUL plus I can get internet on my laptop though my treo 700wx.

I live in a state where there's no actual T-Mobile coverage, so my sidekick has to use other wireless networks to work right. But the sidekick still works well most of the time so I have no complaints (doesn't always work well when driving on the interstates to other towns, but thats ok).

Yep Danger was invaded by the MicroClowns.. What a shame.. Sidekick might be history soon. Sigh.

My roommate got it. He loves it.

He's been addicted to it since. :eek:

Back