T-Mobile Sidekick LX 3G Officially Announced All Over Again

Wow, you are right, LOL. I just logged in and I see 419.99 (with two years extension) and 449.99 (without any extension).

I am tempted to order one now. :lol: I guess I will just wait until June to upgrade. :roll:

It would be similar price for BB 9630, it's still in Curve family to replace BB 8330.

I left tmobile in last Aug 2008 after contract expire and never go back to tmobile again.

When SK3 released in Aug 2006 and I paid $400 with 2 years contract, that heck alot and it was bad deal.

Foxrac, I got a good idea, when you buy that Sk LX 2009 without a contract and you can switch to other wireless carriers but you have to unlock for any wireless carriers, then?

Hmm... it's M3 rated for hearing aids.

I guess that's a good feature for those who use the phone. :)

so glad I waited to upgrade. My 2 year contract with my SK3 ended in February but I never got around to upgrading. But today, once I found out there was a new SK LX coming, wooo! I logged in and put in an upgrade order for the new LX. will cost me $287.86 (upgrade charge, tax, and shipping) but thats ok. I'm eager to get the new LX. Funny how I only paid $160something for the SK3 through Fusewireless.com. As long as I get the LX at a discount rather than full price, I'm happy. Oh hurry up May!

Check out this site: HipTop3.com to see all the features that we'd possibly see on T-Mobile's new Sidekick device.

Please understand that HipTop3.com is not exactly a reliable source for Sidekick fans/users. I am pretty sure that T-Mobile will release more info on the new device a bit several days/weeks before the release of their new Sidekick LX 2009. :)

I was thinking of getting a sidekick but I do love my BB.. Im still up in the air. I wonder if fusionwireless.com will offer the new Sidekick for a low price, they have the sidekick 08 on there?

I had the Sidekick LX last year-- and liked it-- but it was bulky-- then I dropped a whole bottle of baby formula on it and ruined it (it was beyond using a hair dryer on LOL)!!!!! :roll::roll:

SO I got the 2008 which I think I like better! LOL it's smaller and I like that- but being able to connect to Youtube would be a plus-- Hmmm was seriously thinking about getting a touch screen b/c I use my phone ALOT for browsing, since my laptop died...

Might have to call Tmobile tonight and inquire about this!!! Sadly though I'm stuck in contract until October of 2010 I believe!! :( :(

I'm sure eventually fusewireless.com will have the new sidekick for order after the release. I got my SK3 through them for $160something total, which was awesome.

If you guys with the SK want to move up with something more BB like but with the same sk keyboard.. I'd say give the HTC/Tmobile G1 a test run. It has a lot more to offer over the SK, and is very competitive with the BB.

Actually, if you are heavily google/GMAIL/GMAP/etc google programs, you will probably never separate with a G1.

I could've sworn I saw a plan with activation for $99 the past few months.
2chndhv.jpg

complimentary picture if you haven't seen one or tried it out.

I like T-Mobile G1 (Google Phone) but what I am not impressed is how the slide thing does - it feels as if rubber bands are used to hold it together.

They're probably coming out with the G2 one pretty soon.

I like T-Mobile G1 (Google Phone) but what I am not impressed is how the slide thing does - it feels as if rubber bands are used to hold it together.

They're probably coming out with the G2 one pretty soon.

Yeah, the G2 is pretty tight. There will be no physical keyboard unlike the G1.. it will features like a iPhone, on screen keyboard called soft keys? Correct me if I am wrong. Um, yeah, basically open source applications, most of em are free while u have to pay some of them on iPhone's App Store. G2 is nice, just wait until Sidekick LX and G2 coem out then we can compare them. :wave:

Yeah, the G2 is pretty tight. There will be no physical keyboard unlike the G1.. it will features like a iPhone, on screen keyboard called soft keys? Correct me if I am wrong. Um, yeah, basically open source applications, most of em are free while u have to pay some of them on iPhone's App Store. G2 is nice, just wait until Sidekick LX and G2 coem out then we can compare them. :wave:

My brother told me to wait on a G phone if I wanted one-- (he's my tech guru LOL) so I think I'll hold off on a new SK until I see the new G2... he says the g3network is great but the G1 needs some help :) hopefully it will be soon they'll have it out??

Yup, that's right about G2 don't have keyboard.

I would love to get G1 or any HTC phone with Android but need have same network spectrum as att does, tmobile made bad moves to pick a different spectrum and FCC is doing so lousy job, unlike Europe does.

There's no video playback support out of box, except for Youtube and naisho, have you find third party video support?

I wouldn't get a G2 if it doesn't have a keyboard. I had the LG Dare for 2 weeks before trading it in for my blackberry. I text wayyy too much for a touch screen. I like the Qwerty keyboards, makes for fast texting, where as when I had the dare it took a lot longer and it was more annoying to try to get the keys exactly how I wanted it. That is why I didn't even think to get the blackberry storm. I LOVE my BB curve though =)

Yeah, there are some flaws here and there with the G1. But face it, this happens with ANY phone, or just about anything that gets released for the first time. The RAZR V3 sucked first time, remember those Nokia's too?

The first series is a flop or not so perfect, through later revisions and feedback the company learns how to make it better!
Like cars, PC's, ipods and memory sticks, almost everything modern electronic.
Hopefully the G2 will be more solid.

What I'm really hoping that they finish doing is finish porting over game console emulator programs so I can play NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy games on my G1! That would really kick ass.

But I can add to say, the G1 rocks as a phone. It's not as widely popular as the Iphone so that's why the Iphone is still topping the charts and has more support
I tried the BB and did not like the way of using the keyboard, once I got the G1 and tested out the QWERTY, plus the features, it was like a mini laptop for me. There's a free typing speed utility program, and I clocked my typing speed on the G1 at around 23-25 WPM, my first month with a QWERTY phone. Maybe after 1 year I can go 40+. I type on PC around 120-130 WPM. Those on BB or Iphone must have a hell of a time trying to keep up on the typing!

On monday, the G1 saved me because I was in class and I forgot to bring a printout of a chemistry lab experiment. I simply downloaded a PDF program, hopped on google while in class, and got the PDF and viewed it on my phone.

Foxrac, yeah there are free video players out there to download already. The resolution on the G1 is 320x480, you can watch it either horizontal or vertical but I prefer horizontal. It's pretty advanced, there is seeking support with touchscreen, pause, integrated touchscreen features.
There is no subtitle file support yet, but I hope they do that soon.. You can add or make your own subtitles using VirtualDubMod or TMPGENC though, a bit too much work.

w06fyq.jpg

Everyone is waiting for the Android/google "Cupcake" release which will add these things like video player, and other stuff I can't remember.

Oh yes, one last tidbit I'd like to add, because it seems fairly unique. I don't know if the BB or Iphone does this.

The G1 supports WiFi access for most of its programs. If you unlock your phone, and use a dead sim card (which is what my black one is doing), you can connect onto the WiFi network to surf the net, use AIM/MSN/Yahoo/Gtalk/etc, youtube, just about anything on the net.

This should be a great feature for any college student on a tech campus with a large wifi coverage.
It basically becomes a tiny version of a laptop. Course, you lose out on calling or texting SMS but that's all there is for those..

Yeah, there are some flaws here and there with the G1. But face it, this happens with ANY phone, or just about anything that gets released for the first time. The RAZR V3 sucked first time, remember those Nokia's too?

The first series is a flop or not so perfect, through later revisions and feedback the company learns how to make it better!
Like cars, PC's, ipods and memory sticks, almost everything modern electronic.
Hopefully the G2 will be more solid.

What I'm really hoping that they finish doing is finish porting over game console emulator programs so I can play NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy games on my G1! That would really kick ass.

But I can add to say, the G1 rocks as a phone. It's not as widely popular as the Iphone so that's why the Iphone is still topping the charts and has more support
I tried the BB and did not like the way of using the keyboard, once I got the G1 and tested out the QWERTY, plus the features, it was like a mini laptop for me. There's a free typing speed utility program, and I clocked my typing speed on the G1 at around 23-25 WPM, my first month with a QWERTY phone. Maybe after 1 year I can go 40+. I type on PC around 120-130 WPM. Those on BB or Iphone must have a hell of a time trying to keep up on the typing!

On monday, the G1 saved me because I was in class and I forgot to bring a printout of a chemistry lab experiment. I simply downloaded a PDF program, hopped on google while in class, and got the PDF and viewed it on my phone.

Foxrac, yeah there are free video players out there to download already. The resolution on the G1 is 320x480, you can watch it either horizontal or vertical but I prefer horizontal. It's pretty advanced, there is seeking support with touchscreen, pause, integrated touchscreen features.
There is no subtitle support yet, but I hope they do that soon..

w06fyq.jpg

Everyone is waiting for the Android/google "Cupcake" release which will add these things like video player, and other stuff I can't remember.

Does video in G1 is run so smooth?

Does G1 support other media streaming than Youtube, such as break.com and other media streaming? How is media streaming so run under EDGE network?

Back