T-Mobile MDA vs. Sidekick 3

Actually, I may not be the best qualified person for this comparison - but I think if you're just looking for email, instant messaging and some internet usage, then the SK3 may be the best way to go...

I don't know about the MDA - so.

I like the SK for it's complete closure of the keyboard - I can just put it in it's carrier, toss in my purse, and be on my way.

T-Mobile is started introduced in USA in 1999, that where network is going keep growing and spread over most part of USA in next decade or so. Cingular and Verizon aren't work if when people that who trip to Europe (such as UK) but T-Mobile is work so well in most part of Europe. I have no problem with GSM when visit in most part of California except for rest of Inyo County (that where Death Valley is located). If I'm from Canada then I will switch into Fido, that where there's SK2 and soon be SK3. :whistle:

T-Mobile is work so well when visit in Mexico and Canada, also some in other countries, such as most part of European Union.

volcomskatz said:
T-Mobile is started introduced in USA in 1999, that where network is going keep growing and spread over most part of USA in next decade or so. Cingular and Verizon aren't work if when people that who trip to Europe (such as UK) but T-Mobile is work so well in most part of Europe. I have no problem with GSM when visit in most part of California except for rest of Inyo County (that where Death Valley is located). If I'm from Canada then I will switch into Fido, that where there's SK2 and soon be SK3. :whistle:

T-Mobile is work so well when visit in Mexico and Canada, also some in other countries, such as most part of European Union.

how interested your post is... why dont you google yourself about the differences in there.

i am an employee at wireless company for over 14 yrs. i dont need to explain you my details, but allow me to give u some briefs....

cingular does allow any cingular users to to use their mobiles/PDAs in other 200 countries because they have same networks - GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and HSDPA as well as tmobile, however, what tmobile doesnt have in USA is HSDPA which is 3G. from what i heard cingular will have HSDPA in 60 cities at end of 2006. Tmobile hasnt started HSDPA yet.

also, as cingular user, you can use the mobiles on cruise ships such as celebrity, royal carribeans and other cruise lines.

i traveled to south america with my sk2 for 2 wks last march. sk2 sucked big time. i went crazy not to have emails or internets...

any mobile user under tmobile or cingular or other wireless company with GSM/EDGE/3G can travel to other countries with their mobiles. it depends on what mobile has quadband EDGE/GPRS and Tri-band HSDPA/3G UMTS.

beware: verizon and sprint users might be hard to find the high speed network in other countries that match with their networks... EVDO/CDMA networks are very few in world.

Cingular will throw GSM network this coming winter. also cingular will throw TDMA network next yr. that is what i heard.

Oh good that you are still alive, Deafclimber...

I thought you already fall from the high wall of the mountiain....

XBGMER said:
Neo, don't you realize that SK3 has 850 MHz;1800 MHz;1900 MHz.. if you don't believe, then go check at SIDEKICK 3 DETAIL THERE! mmmmmm...

anyway I actually never have any problem with my lovely sidekick since 2002.. why? the sidekick I easily take everywhere, there is coverage everywhere. Plus, the SK is offically tech-communication device!

MDA, my fingers would kill me, because MDA 's keyboard is small, and service limited.

Thats why I preferly chose the sk over any devices.. THE SIDEKICK PLAN IS REASONABLE PRICE AND GOOD DEAL... :naughty:

Re-read what I said.

Most famous people are using Sidekick... :whistle:

Sidekick is popular in LA area and most people have it, also gotta love it... :)

diehardbiker65 said:
Hey, try not to insult me, you don't know me well enough. I DO know quadband do exists. I do not want to spend $$$ only to find out it isn't suitable for me, I tried blackberry, I tried SK 2. I wasn't too satisfied with them. So, I better keep my wallet closed. You forgot about this... how do you know if this particular area have which bands? THat is the problem!!! I am not going to chase every devices to find out which suits me. At this time, I do not see any need of these device. So PEACE!

Why anger? It dont sound insult to you. U dont know that my parents work for.

I already try all mobile unlike you. Last time I try was Q. So I can said which one is better and worse.

Duh like i said nokia 6822 and Treo650 is better than Sk2. What kind blackberry you use. U would read spec first before you try. You silly.

I dont think you keep your wallet closed since you plan switch to
cingular from t-mobile which cingular's plan more cost than t-mobile.

volcomskatz said:

good for them.

i used to be sk2 user too but now i laugh at them. ;) :whistle:

guido - sorry it has been off topic. i m sure you have enjoyed through...

deafclimber said:
how interested your post is... why dont you google yourself about the differences in there.

i am an employee at wireless company for over 14 yrs. i dont need to explain you my details, but allow me to give u some briefs....

cingular does allow any cingular users to to use their mobiles/PDAs in other 200 countries because they have same networks - GSM, GPRS, EDGE, and HSDPA as well as tmobile, however, what tmobile doesnt have in USA is HSDPA which is 3G. from what i heard cingular will have HSDPA in 60 cities at end of 2006. Tmobile hasnt started HSDPA yet.

also, as cingular user, you can use the mobiles on cruise ships such as celebrity, royal carribeans and other cruise lines.

i traveled to south america with my sk2 for 2 wks last march. sk2 sucked big time. i went crazy not to have emails or internets...

any mobile user under tmobile or cingular or other wireless company with GSM/EDGE/3G can travel to other countries with their mobiles. it depends on what mobile has quadband EDGE/GPRS and Tri-band HSDPA/3G UMTS.

beware: verizon and sprint users might be hard to find the high speed network in other countries that match with their networks... EVDO/CDMA networks are very few in world.

Cingular will throw GSM network this coming winter. also cingular will throw TDMA network next yr. that is what i heard.
Yeah it's cool to see that you are doing well..

anyway... right now I am considering SK3 and Treo 700p I am not interested in others products but these two. Treo is appealing but I like form factor of SK3 it is hard to decide eh..

deafclimber said:
finally i am back. i am still one piece !

personally i have cingular 8125 which is much like MDA. i love it to death. PDA is 10 times better than sk2 which i had for 2 yrs. Cingular has more coverages than tmobile.

if i am still tmobile user, then i wud choose MDA over sk3 because any PDAs with windows mobile 5.0 can get any softwares you want to put in such as agile messenger(free im program: aim,yahoo im, msn im etc), weather updated news, games, flash player, movies(divx, wmv, or mpg4), GPS, WI-FI, etc. you name them. you can watch the movies with subtitles from your home pc through orb.com. there are more awesome features you can find for any PDAs.

sk3 isnt bad in my opinion but it limits you to choose what you want. What it doesn’t have is GPS, videos playbacks, and WI-FI.

personally i wouldnt go back to tmobile. i wud look for sprint pcs, verizon or cingular for better network coverages. tmobile is like one year behind with the networks. for intance, tmobile just got EDGE network last fall as Cingular now has HSDPA networks and Verizon and Sprint PCS have EV-DO networks.

How about Treo650? I just got it last week and I really love it! Treo650 is unlocked and use under t-mobile due cheaper plan. Right now I am at fort worth,TX. I am at Sam's place so he use Nokia 6822 under Cingular. I see we are almost same for anywhere in coverage and nothing is better.

deafclimber said:

I don't believe you about Cingular would work in other countries.

Stop tell me what doing but I know about T-Mobile alot.

T-Mobile don't support in most of South America and other most third world countries escept for Mexico. :ugh:

Again, T-Mobile is still newbie and start growing over USA soon. :whistle:

Thanks!!
Volcomskatz ;)

volcomskatz said:

Sidekick is popular in LA area and most people have it, also gotta love it... :)

That's the last reason I would get a Sidekick. I couldn't care less that Paris Hilton or Snoop Dogg are using a Sidekick 3. In fact, that's one of the reasons I would consider not getting a Sidekick. It's stupid to want something just because a bunch of famous people are given freebies.

volcomskatz said:
Yea, SK3 will have 850mhz feature but who knows... Ask LinuxGold...

Umm.. Neo said SK2, not SK3.

BTW, SK3 still behind technology while other rest is already beyond. I show several people who look on my Nokia 6822. They want something with video because it does entertrainment more than just take picture.

guido said:
That's the last reason I would get a Sidekick. I couldn't care less that Paris Hilton or Snoop Dogg are using a Sidekick 3. In fact, that's one of the reasons I would consider not getting a Sidekick. It's stupid to want something just because a bunch of famous people are given freebies.

Well, it's your decide to get SK3 or not but it's your personal if feel comfortable with SK3.

EDGE said:
Umm.. Neo said SK2, not SK3.

BTW, SK3 still behind technology while other rest is already beyond. I show several people who look on my Nokia 6822. They want something with video because it does entertrainment more than just take picture.

You missed my point.

I said that SK3 will have 850mhz feature, just let Neo know, that all.

volcomskatz said:
I don't believe you about Cingular would work in other countries.

Stop tell me what doing but I know about T-Mobile alot.

T-Mobile don't support in most of South America and other most third world countries escept for Mexico. :ugh:

Again, T-Mobile is still newbie and start growing over USA soon. :whistle:

Thanks!!
Volcomskatz ;)

T-Mobile isn't new. It used to be VoiceStream, pretty long time ago that time Tmobile from Germany brough VoiceStream to become one.

EDGE said:
T-Mobile isn't new. It used to be VoiceStream, pretty long time ago that time Tmobile from Germany brough VoiceStream to become one.
right..

EDGE said:

But... T-Mobile is just takeover VoiceStream service because VS is not doing with good business, lacking sales compared to Cingular and lacking of funds to setup new signal.

Back