Swine (H1N1) Vaccination in children?

Pinky

Reaction score
I am asking you the question about swine flu vaccine is dangerous for children?? My friends said she can't take her children take H1N1 vaccines. Because its dangerous to children. The doctor told her no.

And other my friends' children took H1N1 vaccines for their kids. They look fine and not die.

I am confusing it's different stories from everyone's views.

Did you take your kids H1N1 vaccines or not? If not then explain why?

I will take my child to be vaccinated as soon as the shot is available here. My physician recommended it. He can't have the nasal spray because he has asthma. I'm not worried about getting the vaccine. I just want them to hurry up with the shots.

As a pregnant woman, you're first in line, pinky.

Talk to your health care providers. They can answer your questions and help you make an informed decision.

I will take my child to be vaccinated as soon as the shot is available here. My physician recommended it. He can't have the nasal spray because he has asthma. I'm not worried about getting the vaccine. I just want them to hurry up with the shots.

As a pregnant woman, you're first in line, pinky.

Talk to your health care providers. They can answer your questions and help you make an informed decision.

I went to ob/gyn doctor last Wed. She said, "Yes you must get H1N1 vaccines during pregnancy. The regular flu and swine flu are the same. But swine is the worse than regular flu."

I asked her if I can get nasal spray? She said no. I have to get injection only. I heard the news the 86 children died and 10 illness in the US.

My friend is worried about give her kids vaccines because she heard the news about children died of swine flu shot. I puzzled. I did find the website for her. She got point and pay me back. She think she is corrected.

Did they tell you when an injection would be available?

Did they tell you when an injection would be available?

Yeah. I did take regular flu shot last week on Oct 6th. The nurse said I have to return in 28 days. It mean in Nov 2, I will get one more h1n1 vaccine. My name is on top lists because I'm expecting.

Excellent, pinky! Gotta take good care of yourself and your baby!

I know some parents who will not get the H1N1 shots for their kids.

The parents who refuse to vaccinate are putting other children at risk. I believe that they parents who refuse the vaccine should be excluded from school.

The parents who refuse to vaccinate are putting other children at risk. I believe that they parents who refuse the vaccine should be excluded from school.
The ones I know, some kids are home schooled, and some attend public school.

If the other children get vaccinated, how are they at risk from the non-vaccinated ones? Won't their vaccinations protect them?

I believe that the whole idea behind vaccination is a herd immunity. No vaccine is 100% effective. I'm sure that there are people around here that know more about it than I do, though.

Homeschooling is perfect for a flu outbreak! I wish that I could keep my kid at home this year. He needs more than I can provide since he's such a social kid.

If I had children I'd make sure they got this flu shot.

Im not quite old enough, but some of you may remember there was a similar swine flu outbreak in 1976. They encouraged the flu shot to the community then. There was a reaction though that occured called Guillen Barre Disease, a very dangerous nervous system disease. I believe 500+ cases of it were reported in US then. there has been no reports of this complication with the flu shot anymore

Doug, I checked those stats. The incidence of GBS with the flu shot was approximately the same as the normal incidence of GBS in the general public.

The people who have already received the H1N1 vaccine are fine. No bad reports of injury. I believe that any risk of the vaccine is far outweighed by the benefit of the immunity conferred.

Are the parents who are very concerned anti-vaccine in the first place? There's a lot of misinformation out there about vaccination. Shame on the people who scare parents.

Doug, I checked those stats. The incidence of GBS with the flu shot was approximately the same as the normal incidence of GBS in the general public.

The people who have already received the H1N1 vaccine are fine. No bad reports of injury. I believe that any risk of the vaccine is far outweighed by the benefit of the immunity conferred.

Are the parents who are very concerned anti-vaccine in the first place? There's a lot of misinformation out there about vaccination. Shame on the people who scare parents.

My niece took H1N1 shot last few weeks ago. She is fine. No injury or die at all. I don't believe in Anti-vaccine. I think the vaccination should be approve by FDA.

Hey, I got my H1N1 vaccine last week on Tuesday. The H1N1 vaccines available for pregnancy women only at medical park. I saw many ladies with pregnancy on long lanes to 3 floors from 1 floor with stairs. It took me 2 hours to wait. My mom bought me an animal crackers ZOO from vending because I was hungry. My baby kept me hungry. I got my vaccine. My mom said there have few last doses to run out. Whew! I was so exhaust from stand so long on lane. Next day, I had headache and diarrhea from shot. I got better in two days and doing as well. I didn't get any sick.

I never got flu shot when I was child, except in 2003-2004 due deaf school and got flu at once in last 12 years ago.

Hey, I got my H1N1 vaccine last week on Tuesday. The H1N1 vaccines available for pregnancy women only at medical park. I saw many ladies with pregnancy on long lanes to 3 floors from 1 floor with stairs. It took me 2 hours to wait. My mom bought me an animal crackers ZOO from vending because I was hungry. My baby kept me hungry. I got my vaccine. My mom said there have few last doses to run out. Whew! I was so exhaust from stand so long on lane. Next day, I had headache and diarrhea from shot. I got better in two days and doing as well. I didn't get any sick.

Sounds so good, I don't want get flu shot but scare about get swine flu shot due I have very bad experience and being very ill for several days so no more flu shot for me.

My doctor did recommended it. My kids will get the h1n1 vaccine in the first week of december. Let's hope kids are okay until december. Most of my friends have mixed feeling about it. some of them go for it to get kids the shots.

Just got the vaccine yesterday. The line was very long and I waited about 4 hours for the shot. I figured it would be safer for my family since my sis just had a baby last month.

Back