Swine (H1N1) Vaccination in children?

My children and I all had our H1N1 vaccine VIA Nasal Mist last week. We all did very well on the vaccine. None of us got sick afterward. Just a slight runny nose for the day from the mist. It did not burn or cause any turmoil.

Glad some of you who had vaccine and are doing well. Thanks for letting us know. SOme of you all are lucky to got them eariler. I focus on my kids getting the vaccine first. I don't know when I will get it. Hope I will get it soon.

Glad some of you who had vaccine and are doing well. Thanks for letting us know. SOme of you all are lucky to got them eariler. I focus on my kids getting the vaccine first. I don't know when I will get it. Hope I will get it soon.

We were first in line since I am a Pre School teacher. and both of my kids are school age. The Schools provided them for free for us. So we were some of the lucky few that had the vaccine provided for us.

My whole family is now vaccinated. My teen got the nasal spray at a free clinic. My dr finally got injections so my school aged child, husband and I all got an injection. My youngest must get another injection in a month because he is in the 9 years old or younger category. I'm grateful that we all received the vaccine. No side effects or complications.

Mom alert: If your child is 9 years old or younger, your child will need two vaccinations a month apart.

My whole family is now vaccinated. My teen got the nasal spray at a free clinic. My dr finally got injections so my school aged child, husband and I all got an injection. My youngest must get another injection in a month because he is in the 9 years old or younger category. I'm grateful that we all received the vaccine. No side effects or complications.

Mom alert: If your child is 9 years old or younger, your child will need two vaccinations a month apart.

Awesome.. :)

I have a question..

Are H1N1 vaccines available anywhere? or do you have to go where it's available?

Because my sons doctor hasn't mention anything about H1N1 vaccine. Normally the office would send me post card to have my boys come in for their vaccine shots.

Cheri, I had to scout out the vaccine. The free clinics got the nasal spray first. If your dr doesn't have the vaccine, I recommend calling the free clinics. Try city health services first then country. Our state has a 211 line that you can call for info about who has vaccines. Maybe your state has something like that?

The private drs just got the vaccine here. My dr was giving the vaccine to anyone who wanted one and not just his patients. Call around. Also check websites for drs in your area. My dr's practice has a website and that's how I knew when he got some.

Hope this helps. Good luck finding vaccine! Always call first and arrive about a half hour before the vaccinations start.

If I had children I'd make sure they got this flu shot.

Im not quite old enough, but some of you may remember there was a similar swine flu outbreak in 1976. They encouraged the flu shot to the community then. There was a reaction though that occured called Guillen Barre Disease, a very dangerous nervous system disease. I believe 500+ cases of it were reported in US then. there has been no reports of this complication with the flu shot anymore

I remmy the 1976 outbreak. They aren't reporting complications of GB with the vaccine anymore, but it is still a very real risk of complication from getting a case of the flu. One more reason to get that vaccine!

:ty: sallylou!

Will do that. ;)

You might want to check the paper, too, Cheri. They are putting notices in the paper around here where the clinics will be held, and what time they will be open. I know there are 3 of them in the local schools this week. Since we are in the same state, they may be putting the notices in your paper, too.

I did not get my kids vaccinated and my son has asthma. The reason being that my son has most of the same sensitivities to meds and foods and such that I have, that I don't want to take a chance. Daughter has never in her 15 years ever had a cold, the flu or anything. Not even an ear infection. Why rock the boat for her?

I know here locally a lot of children have had the H1N1 vaccine and so far "knock on wood" there have been no problems reported and boy would it be reported if there was. Our area has had quite a few deaths and a bunch of confirmed cases, so it's really nothing to sneeze at, but we just aren't due to medical issues.

Kristina, you home school and that decreases their risk of infection. I swear that the elementary school is a petri dish! I'm glad that you're able to do that since there are medical issues with vaccination.

I just found out from my future daughter in law told us, her nephew had swine flu two months ago. He was sick for 2 weeks but not deathly illness. Surprise none of us got it from him.

Kristina, you home school and that decreases their risk of infection. I swear that the elementary school is a petri dish! I'm glad that you're able to do that since there are medical issues with vaccination.

Dorms are cesspools.

Damn, I remember the norovirus outbreak at my first year in dorm. Not fun.

Meningitis outbreaks in dorms are scary. Now all college students must have a meningitis vaccination. One less thing to worry about.

Meningitis outbreaks in dorms are scary. Now all college students must have a meningitis vaccination. One less thing to worry about.

*cringes*

The last time I got a mennigitis vaccine, I developed a serious reaction to it that occurred in random hive outbreaks, throwing up almost every morning and such from Grade Seven to Grade Twelve. Ewww... Missing a lot of school SUCKED.

Don't know why it took my body took so long to get over it; the doctors don't even know what caused it, but as a result-- I have been recommended not go near vaccines again. :\

Sounds so good, I don't want get flu shot but scare about get swine flu shot due I have very bad experience and being very ill for several days so no more flu shot for me.

I never have problem with flu vaccine. I guess everybody are different. I must get vaccine because it's protect myself and my baby from infect at serious complication.. I don't want to get flu this year. Both seasonal and swine flu can cause babies to be serious complication and infect give birth. That is why I wanted to get vaccine from my doctor recommended me.

I am telling you what? My husband had H1N1 flu last week. He was sick for 6 days. He is getting better now. Whew! Thank god that he wouldn't give me the flu because I got double vaccines during pregnancy. He is return to classes and work today.

Back