Swimming pool?

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread about " swimming pools " if this is repost, please forgive me here.... :Oops:

Roadrunner and I finally brought a BIG swimming pool just a couple days ago, I've always wanted a pool for a long time now!! :giggle: ... I could see my boys were soo thriller when we brought that pool home, now that will keep our children busy for the entire summer!!

Today, we will have our FIRST pool party and I'm sooooo excited :dance2: ..we invited my sister and her boys over for a cool swim and a cook-out this afternoon...We are cooking lamb on the stick with tomatoes, mushrooms and greenpeppers, we will also have bake potatoes, corn on the cob and pasta salad....We also brought a sandbox for the little ones to play in...I think that will keep them all busy and not having to go inside the house and play with their games as they usually do..... :giggle:

Does anyone here have a swimming pool and did you ever had a pool party? share your fun stories here in this thread! :applause:

^Angel^ said:
we invited my sister and her boys over for a cool swim and a cook-out this afternoon...

:applause: Oh You bet I will be over there this early afternoon, I cannot wait to jump in a cold swimming pool, :thumb: It's so humid out here in Ohio. I felt like I'm cooking myself on the grill, :Ohno: Hope my dad doesn't think I'm some pig that needs to be hook up on the grill. >>
pig-on-grill-250.jpg

I used to live in an apartment complex that had a swimming pool. It had 2 levels, so there was a waterfall over the deep end. I spent hours jumping off the waterfall, doing some of the craziest jumps you'd ever see. I was personally responsible for the apartment complex putting a fence around the waterfall area. They also had another pool with a similar set up, and the deep end was only 3 feet, with a drop of maybe 5 feet. I used to dive off the waterfall all the time. The 1st time I did it, I smacked my head against the bottom and busted my head open.

Ah, the good ole days.

When I was living home, my parents have a swimming pool, and it was HUGE, they have had for 20+ years and still working and looking GREAT shape. We lives about 15 minutes apart and that is where I pick my boy up everyday. If my husband is working overtime and I would stay at Mom's to swim with my little boy and cooling off in the pool.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh swimming pool. There is 2 swimming pool in my town and the town can use it to cool off. One about 1 1/2 miles from my house and it next to my son's school and the other one is at the H.S. about 4 miles from my house. Sometimes I used the hose to cool off. My son loves it.

If I go to Cape Cod, Mass then I will use Aunt's swimming pool. :D

Doesn't have my own swimming pool... One day I will have own nice swimming pool unless when we buy a country house. Will have nice swimming pool :)

oh yea, i have swimming pool here... i invited 16 friends to come for 4th of july for grill out and swimming party too.. smile..

^Angel^ i am glad that u finally got swimming pool and more tan! hehe!

cental34 said:
I used to live in an apartment complex that had a swimming pool. It had 2 levels, so there was a waterfall over the deep end. I spent hours jumping off the waterfall, doing some of the craziest jumps you'd ever see. I was personally responsible for the apartment complex putting a fence around the waterfall area. They also had another pool with a similar set up, and the deep end was only 3 feet, with a drop of maybe 5 feet. I used to dive off the waterfall all the time. The 1st time I did it, I smacked my head against the bottom and busted my head open.

Ah, the good ole days.

Ouch! that must hurt....sounds like alot of fun jumping off the waterfall...I love waterfalls!!

My sister and I found a lake that was in the woods where we used to live when we were younger, we used to jump off from a huge rock into the lake, I remember the water was sooooooo COLD but it was fun!

boy I sure miss the old days! :sigh with a smile:

Over here at my apartment...do have a swimming pool, I usually swim 3 or 4 times a week. I love to swim and lay out too to get me some tans

MizzDeaf and I have a kiddie pool which we lounge around in sipping cold drinks...just keeping ourselves cool. We're looking forward to a lazy July 4th weekend. We already have a kiddie canopy for the pool so we can cover part of it during the hottest part of the day and cooking on the grill at the same time. Heh.

Angel, congrats on your brand new swimming pool and have fun with it all summer to keep nice and cool from the searing heat! :D

The apartment complex I live in does not have swimming pool, but my friend's apartment complex up north in Everett does have swimming pool, so she welcome me to use her pool anytime (if she's not busy) So far it's not that hot in Seattle. I usually go take a dip in Lake Washington which isn't far from my apt, it's very cold water! *screams*

Sounds fun for the whole family! How deep is the pool, Angel?

I have an inflatable pool that can reach up to an adult's hips. My niece and nephew love it, and we'll blow it up again before my family visit in a couple of months. I'll probably put it in the shed, though. The backyard is not exactly flat, and much water came sploshing out before we propped some wood underneath one side.

I'd love to have one hot tub, though... one day.

:angel: . Congrads!

When I lived in Alabama, we had a swimming pool when I was 10 years old for 9 years. I remember when my sister and I had slumber party over. When we went swimming...I found the lizard and jumped into the pool to scare the girls...they all swam fast as they could and got out of the pool...then I got out also...I chased after them and they all went back in the pool! :naughty: :mrgreen:

Since we live here in oklahoma, my parents have swimming pool at the neighborhood...so we go there to swim! But...What I miss the most is going to the B E A C H!!

I live near the ocean...my town's beach is only about a mile away....but I hate salt water. I like pools but they smell like chorine and are too chemical...I LOVE swimming in lakes...I can remember being a teen and going to Y camp and having swimming lessons every day in Lake Winnipesaki!

Angel, Congratualtion! You've got new swimming pool there. We dont have swimming pool because we can't afford to fill up the water in the pool and we can't afford to pay the water bills. My daughter alway go over to her friend's house and her friend's Aunt have swimming pool. She loves to swim. Sometime, I go to HealthWork, I have to pay $10.00 and I go enter to swimming pool inside. It felt so nice warm water in pool inside. :D

yeah we have swimming pool at my aunts house, i already went there to swim two times already ... now i got all sunburnt... yikes!! hehe but I'll get TAN SOOONNNNN yayayayay! its 4 ft tall and big round pool with nice deck, i ll take pic of it one day soon. :)

Where are u from?

Hi, where are you from? I hope around in va. I am looking for the parents with the kids so kids can play with my daughter and for me to solicate with the parents. :)

Just got my boys a huge kiddie pool by Little Tikes...with a slide and fountain. It was interesting bec I got it for 5 bucks off garage sale... looks like it was never used.

I was growing up, I had a swimming pool. I would swim from 6 am to 6 pm til my parents came home, I would swim my feet raw. My dad practically thought i was a mermaid or fish because I couldn't live without the damn pool...

my parents got divorced and sold the house with the inground pool with waterfall/tub. damn I miss that pool. :sadwave:

Back