Sweetheart and I welcome a new family member in our life.

ohh wow.. Hope your dog's vet checking up on Sam what Sam can eat from dog food till finally to eat from dog food :fingersx: :)

Hello Cheri, it's Sweetheart. Sam is depression and unhappy because I could sense his feelings every time I hold him or looking in his eyes. He's just not happy because he might miss his owner OR freedom in outside. And, we will try to be there for Sam and such like that to having him to understand that we are his present owners and such like that, it's very hard for him to accept it becuase his behavior toward to food, things even darkness.. And, I had around more than 50 dogs in whole of my life, that's how I know and learn about their feelings and such like that. Once, my baby Lucy gave up by my parents and I can sense that she's happy right now because she got better family since my family don't have time for her and Im living here now.. But, I wish I could see her for one more then I can say good bye. And, I'm very close to any animals because I love animal and, Im Native American, that's Native American believe that they could talk with animals, read their minds, can sense their guts/feelings/etc and even can become animals like them.

Yes, very true! Most pets like that when they just adopted by their owner...

I would suggest you to find out what your dog use to like ? which dog foods? what kind of sleeping, your dog like to sleep? Perhaps your dog had a bad experience with former owner before the owner adopt your dog... then the owner let you to adopt them... It scary him? Give him time to familiar with loving owner like you... sure, he will love you when you spend time on him until he feel good... It's just suggestion of me.

I gave away my 4 puppies last summer, but I kept 2 puppies with their parents here. One of my deaf friends want one and I gave her one out of 6 puppies. Guess what ? In a few days later, she gave her away to the animal shelter. I was soo pissed off and told her to pick her up from there -- so she did and paid them $ 40 dollars ( that was her penalty for givin' her away ) and brought her home to me. I gave that puppy to someone else ( hearin' friend ) that I know who worked at one of the agencies. That deaf friend of mine changed her mind and wanted her back. I told her that she will NEEEEEVER see her puppy ever again. Damage is done. And, of course it breaks her heart. That's her consequence. Of course, she stopped contactin' me. The friendship was gone..............

The way I see all my puppies, they are just like " children " to me. Supposely, if you want a child from surggrate ( sp ? ) parents and you change your mind about not wantin' to keep your child --- will you give that child to the Adoption or just give that child back to the suroggate parents ? You tell me which one you think is right ?

Yes I can understand how you feel... I would pissed the same if someone gave kitten away to animal shelter.

Kim, my cat had 4 kittens. (2 female and 2 male). I'd like to keep all of them... I talked with the vet (that's time I got Kim to be fixed.) I want all the kitten to be fixed to prevent to have more kittens. The vet rejected and said that I have to wait until all kitten are 9 months old then... I don't know what I do with different sex kitten... how could I separate female and male kitten until 9 months then fix... ? You know that they could get heat early than 6 months. It's heartbreaking but we force to give 14 weeks old 2 male kitten away. I made sure that the new owner adopt both male kitten because I don't like to separate them to different owners because they are very closed. I found a good owner who live next village from my village who willing to adopt both male kittens... We visited to see them time to time... They are well... I'm glad that they have loving owner. I keep 2 female kittens... they are very closed...

Yes I can understand how you feel... I would pissed the same if someone gave kitten away to animal shelter.

Kim, my cat had 4 kittens. (2 female and 2 male). I'd like to keep all of them... I talked with the vet (that's time I got Kim to be fixed.) I want all the kitten to be fixed to prevent to have more kittens. The vet rejected and said that I have to wait until all kitten are 9 months old then... I don't know what I do with different sex kitten... how could I separate female and male kitten until 9 months then fix... ? You know that they could get heat early than 6 months. It's heartbreaking but we force to give 14 weeks old 2 male kitten away. I made sure that the new owner adopt both male kitten because I don't like to separate them to different owners because they are very closed. I found a good owner who live next village from my village who willing to adopt both male kittens... We visited to see them time to time... They are well... I'm glad that they have loving owner. I keep 2 female kittens... they are very closed...

Aw, very sweet ! I feel that the animals do have feelin' just like people. It hurts me more than my friend when she gave the puppy away to the animal shelter. It hurts her twice after she learned that I will never give her puppy back to her. It's sad that the friendship is gone. Oh, well..... life is tough. :hug:

We just took him to the vet and they immediatly knew what's wrong with him. It's called kennel cough which is a infectious virus that causes dog to get sick coming from animal shelters, it's also congitaous to dogs. They gave him fluids, physical check ups, we got medicine for him...anti botics and cough medicine. The vet said we should see him getting a little better in 24 to 36 hours, if not we can bring him back to the vet also if he still refuses to eat and we still bring him to the vet also. They gave us canned dog food that most dogs normally love and a free dental kit. They seem to be a pretty good vet just like what my friend told me. We hope for the best luck to Sam to get all better!

We just took him to the vet and they immediatly knew what's wrong with him. It's called kennel cough which is a infectious virus that causes dog to get sick coming from animal shelters, it's also congitaous to dogs. They gave him fluids, physical check ups, we got medicine for him...anti botics and cough medicine. The vet said we should see him getting a little better in 24 to 36 hours, if not we can bring him back to the vet also if he still refuses to eat and we still bring him to the vet also. They gave us canned dog food that most dogs normally love and a free dental kit. They seem to be a pretty good vet just like what my friend told me. We hope for the best luck to Sam to get all better!

Oh great hope so your dog Sam getting better in later and hope he can eat from dog food soon :) :fingersx:

Sam's getting better! He's becoming restless, but still need time to get all better. He finally started to eat on his own! Sorry, I was fustrated earlier before I took him to the vet.

It's normal reaction when you see something not okay with your dog...

I'm glad that everything goes smooth for you both and your dog... :thumb:

family member?............... right:eek3: :deal: if you mean master and pet yeah them family member

I'm glad to see that Sam is improving, good thing that you took him to the vet to get checked up first before dropping him back to the Kennel :( I can understand how frustrated you were trying to get Sam to eat and he wouldn't, I know the feeling of getting worried and not thinking straight either, more like panic :lol: Glad the nightmare is over!
151.gif

I'm glad to see that Sam is improving, good thing that you took him to the vet to get checked up first before dropping him back to the Kennel :( I can understand how frustrated you were trying to get Sam to eat and he wouldn't, I know the feeling of getting worried and not thinking straight either, more like panic :lol: Glad the nightmare is over!
151.gif

He's far ahead of ya. ;) Which means...He looks like he's all better but still have to use up all the medicine that was prescribed by the vet. I think I have a week left. He eats like crazy! He is really active and also....the thing that drives me nuts is that he thinks he owns the bed and won't get off the bed. I decided to create a thread about his behavioral problem with him being the top pack dog above us...like wolves do.

I just Opinion or guess if I am wrong or right that is all and dont need to jump conclusion on me okay? thanks!

Sometimes owners do return the dog back to a kennel or animal shelter for alot of reasons, it's alot better than throwing them out on the street and etc...So don't worry hon, you did had a good suggestion :hug:

And btw Seq, glad to hear he's doing good :)

Sometimes owners do return the dog back to a kennel or animal shelter for alot of reasons, it's alot better than throwing them out on the street and etc...So don't worry hon, you did had a good suggestion :hug:

And btw Seq, glad to hear he's doing good :)

yeah true! and Seq's dog Sam got seem improve and didnt put his dog back to animal shelther glad he keep Sam :lol: He is trying to get his dog off the bed :lol: I know it is hard :lol:

He's far ahead of ya. ;) Which means...He looks like he's all better but still have to use up all the medicine that was prescribed by the vet. I think I have a week left. He eats like crazy! He is really active and also....the thing that drives me nuts is that he thinks he owns the bed and won't get off the bed. I decided to create a thread about his behavioral problem with him being the top pack dog above us...like wolves do.

aww that is so cute

i am glad sam is alright and getting better whew i got worried after reading all of your thread and was try to think of something to help since i use to work at animal shelter near my home and when you said that your vet said about the virus and it hit me and i have agree with your vet on that smile

hope sam is top of the world after be better smile

Sometimes owners do return the dog back to a kennel or animal shelter for alot of reasons, it's alot better than throwing them out on the street and etc...

Did you know that the pets are being force to put sleep because of many pets in kennel or animal shelter?

Morality debate
Animal shelters often euthanize animals when they can't find a home for them, typically after a standard period of time (ranging from several days to several weeks for unclaimed stray animals). Some consider this immoral and cruel; others believe that euthanasia is a less objectionable alternative to having unwanted animals go to unsuitable homes or having them live out their lives in shelters which sometimes results in them going "kennel crazy"- Shelters generally do not have the funding to give unlimited numbers of animals proper care and exercise indefinitely. Behavioral unsuitability for adoption (ie, aggression, house-breaking, etc) is a major non-clinical reason for euthanasia in animal shelters. According to the Humane Society of the United States, an estimated 3 to 4 million cats and dogs are euthanized in shelters in the US every year.

So-called "no kill" shelters exist, some run by private animal welfare organizations while others are subsidized wholly or in part by local government agencies. These shelters make it official policy to never euthanize animals for non-medical reasons. Overcrowding, lack of adoptive homes and underfunding are recognized problems. Supporters consider these minor compared to the ethics of euthanasia they consider unnecessary

Animal euthanasia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's why I rather to have my male kittens to good home instead of animal shelter

So don't worry hon, you did had a good suggestion :hug:

Yes, that's right... Make suggestion is no problem...

Back