Support marriage amendment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Reba. A lot of times people make up a lot of things to argue with it, but it is not very much relevant. I believe that men and women are supposed to be together not man and man or woman and woman. That's what I feel. I have thought about whether to be gay is right or wrong, but I don't believe it is right to this day.

I do not support this amendment...

I still do not get it why people who are against same sex marriages. I do not see any wrong in same sex marriage. So what if they both are same sex but they do care each other which is important.

One day, if my kids happen to be a gay and i will always support my kids. I also want to see my kids to get married (it does not matter if its same sex or opposite sex) all i want to see my kids' happiness and it will makes me happy.

I feel sorry for people who against it and will suffer more if they discover their own kids who are gay and wants to marry. Their kids will feel sad when their parents dont support it after all.

"I wouldn't be sexually attracted to a woman. I wouldn't pursue a romantic relationship with a woman."

"God doesn't condemn love. He condemns lust. His reason is, He is a holy God."
By your logic, God condemns you for feeling attracted to a man (lust). Or, as I know you are dying to say, He condemns your FEELINGS.

Wow, you are sure making a fool of yourself in here.

Reba, I think you overreacted to deafdyke's statement.
A significant other does not have to be a lover of same sex.
As your husband is your significant other. ;)

I think deafdyke was trying to set up a situation as in a hypothetic situation.

:thumbd: I disagree with the marriage amendment. Sorry, Reba. I think that you are a narrow minded homophobic IMO. :roll:

Beowulf said:
"God doesn't condemn love. He condemns lust. His reason is, He is a holy God."
By your logic, God condemns you for feeling attracted to a man (lust). Or, as I know you are dying to say, He condemns your FEELINGS.
Wow, you are sure making a fool of yourself in here.
A woman having sexual desire with love for her husband is not "lust", therefore God does not condemn it. A woman or man having sexual desire for anyone outside of the marriage relationship is "lust". A woman or man having sexual desire for their spouse without love is also lust, and is also wrong.

kuifje75 said:
Reba, I think you overreacted to deafdyke's statement.
A significant other does not have to be a lover of same sex.
As your husband is your significant other. ;)
I think deafdyke was trying to set up a situation as in a hypothetic situation.
Yes, my hubby is my very significant other! :)
Yes, I know that was a hypothetical situation but as it was presented was just not logical.

A little additional background on why this amendment is needed:

This is from pro-homosexual and pro-pedophile author Judith Levine:

"Because American marriage is inextricable from Christianity, it admits participants as Noah let animals onto the ark. But it doesn't have to be that way. In 1972 the National Coalition of Gay Organizations demanded the 'repeal of all legislative provisions that restrict the sex or number of persons entering into a marriage unit; and the extension of legal benefits to all persons who cohabit regardless of sex or numbers.' Would polygamy invite abuse of child brides, as feminists in Muslim countries and prosecutors in Mormon Utah charge? No. Group marriage could comprise any combination of genders."

-- Judith Levine, "Stop the Wedding!: Why Gay Marriage Isn't Radical Enough," The Village Voice, July 23-29, 2003. Levine declines to mention that the 1972 Gay Rights Platform also called for abolishing age of consent laws. This is a curious omission since Levine herself has written in favor of lowering the age of consent to 12 for sex between children and adults in her book Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex (p. 88).

http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0330/levine.php

Oddball said:
:thumbd: I disagree with the marriage amendment. Sorry, Reba. I think that you are a narrow minded homophobic IMO. :roll:
:werd: oddball yes i agree and im just sorry she's not agreeing with something of this sort, really closed minded poeple are poeple who just doesn't see the real world imo!

hmmmm, i get the felling that Reba was that idiot that everyone hated in deafllore.....now that the forum is closed shes come here with her B.S.

FYI

A 1999 poll conducted by Wirthlin Worldwide for the Second World Congress on Families showed that 84 percent of respondents support the recognition of marriage as a union between one man and one woman.

A January 2000 Gallup poll indicates that Americans 2 to 1 believe that marriages between homosexuals should not be recognized by the law as valid.

A Harris/CNN/Time poll in July 2003 found that 60% of Americans oppose "homosexual marriage," while only 33% support it.

Reba, no matter what anyone says we are not closed-minded people. They are closed-minded for not respecting our own opinions. Opinions are not right neither are they wrong, so it should be free to express without name calling.

Like I said, it's something I have thought about for years if gay marriage is right or wrong, to this day I find it is wrong. I have talked to people, read online, heard all opposing opinions. I have come to the conclusion that I believe God made man and woman. Men have free will, so they can do things that may not be right. Such as supporting the legalization of marijuana, that's something I am very much against. It doesn't matter what the opposite side say. I don't believe it, though I will not resort to name calling simply because I don't believe what you believe. If we were fools, that's fine we are human fools, but if it turns out by God that it is wrong, then you can be a fool too.

Reba, what makes you think that Judith Levitt represents all the gay and lesbian community? I think abolishing the consenting age law is really stupid, no way should one be able to exploit someone who is 12 year old. :crazy:

HOMOSEXUALITY does not equal PEDOPHILES!!! :shock:

Also, you mentioned about "numbers." This is something that Utah is discussing at the moment as well. They are wondering if same-sex marriages are recognised in Utah, it might open the path for recognising polygamous marriages. However, if you define the marriage as a union of two persons only, disregardless of sex, then I think that will eliminate the polygamy question.

Here is an interesting data from Massachusetts:
2003-APR: Massachusetts data: By a slim majority, most residents of the state favored allowing same-sex couples to marry.

Item---------------------In favor----Opposed----No answer
All ages and genders--------50%-------44%-------6%
18 to 39--------------------62---------33---------5
40 to 64--------------------53---------42---------5
Over 65---------------------21---------69--------10
Women---------------------55---------38---------7
Men------------------------45---------50---------5

The poll was taken by KRC Communications Research for Globe/WBZ. Margin of error: 5%

It seems the younger generation is more tolerant of same-sex relationships than the older generation. Although, you may not agree with me, there was same comparison to the attitude towards racial relationships back in the 1960s and 1970s. The younger generation is more tolerant of that than the older generation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reba said:
Yes, my hubby is my very significant other! :)
Yes, I know that was a hypothetical situation but as it was presented was just not logical.

It may be illogical to you, because you have never liked a woman. That is fine. However, some people assume that homosexuality is a chosen behaviour which I don't agree with. One just develop an interest in same sex as natural as one would develop in towards opposite sex, there is nothing that can be really done about it. The only REAL choice is whether to accept oneself as a gay or lesbian person and to lead a real life, or live in a life full of lies and deception, not making others happy, etc... To some gay and lesbian people, they CANNOT imagine themselves being with the opposite sex, just exactly as you cannot imagine yourself being with a woman. It is illogical to them.

Reba, nice try. I've been debating people like you for years now. Are you one of those people who think that all gay males are members of NAMBLA?
Anyway the slippery slope argument doesn't work....First of all, pedophilla is illegal as the child cannot legally consent to sex. Yes there are some organizations and people who think that the AOC (age of consent) laws should be lowered.
the 1972 Gay Rights Platform also called for abolishing age of consent laws.
Not surprised....back in the early seventies there was some pretty radical stuff going on. However as the gay rights movement has matured and changed, mainstream gay rights has distanced itself from NAMBLA and age of consent stuff.
Second of all, with the exception of some radical Mormons most Western marriage is based on couplehood.
If you bring up incest....incest is also illegal AND besides a 100% healthy person would not be attracted to someone who was related to them!
Has marriage gone downhill in the Netherlands and Belgium since gay marriage was legalizied there a few years ago? I doubt it.
Finally,what's this lust crap? I love my significent other...I don't lust after them. I don't go around having sex with everyone who's female, like an animal or a slut. I would make love with my sos to show them that I LOVE them, as an expression of my deep heartfelt love for them. God knows I love them enough.... I remember when I first fell in love with my first girlfriend it really strenghened my spiritualness. God feels my love for my girlfriends...and accepts it as He would... God is love. God cannot and does not diffrentate between different types of love.
HKG,
that I believe God made man and woman.
Of course....and if I could be attracted to men instead of women (and I always seem to have crushes on hetro girls so it's doubly hard ) I would.
Yet I can't seem to be sexually attracted to men. I don't hate them...and I have a lot of guys as friends. Were you aware that many gay Christans (and there are a LOT) go through agony when they realize that they are GLB?
Did you also know that there are some GLB animals? Matter of fact, San Franciso has a zoo tour every Valintine's Day featuring GLB animals!

Reba said:
A woman having sexual desire with love for her husband is not "lust", therefore God does not condemn it. A woman or man having sexual desire for anyone outside of the marriage relationship is "lust". A woman or man having sexual desire for their spouse without love is also lust, and is also wrong.

Reba,

Often I wonder why did u join AllDeaf in the first place. Did you aware AD is most friendly forum for GLBT? Find other forum with Gay Bashing urself.

Some people get married for lust reason. Some people don't want to get married for some reasons. Nobody can force them to get married. That's our choice not yours.

Did u know pedophille is most highest perecent of straight? Some women end up to become lesbian cuz of some men treated them very shit.

Bedroom and sexuality life are their business, not yours. Not tell me that masturbate is really wrong, too. You are not our God. We love God therefore let God judge on us not you.

Last thing, ur words come out of ur mouth make me feel my heart's cold. Ur energy spread negative over us. Make us piss off and feel diguest. U are frigging narrow mind and cold-hearted!!!

Reba, why not you go to Castro Street in San Francisco to ask any gay or lesbian people about their opinions on marriage amendment? I bet that they will tell you that it is bullshit. I know a few of gay/lesbian people have been committed to each other for years with/ without papers. Please open your mind and embrace them!!

Reba said:
FYI

A Harris/CNN/Time poll in July 2003 found that 60% of Americans oppose "homosexual marriage," while only 33% support it.

Hi Reba!

I see your opinion in the minority. Welcome to 33%!

Wait a minute here... Just remember not everyone is going to agree with the same sex marriage.. It is just how some people believes and there is nothing wrong with that. we have to accept each others opinions instead of insulting and telling her she has narrow mind..Now Let's discuss this in a nice way? Please.... :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back