Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone around the Central time zone get on Skype in the evenings? Looking for some practice buddies!

Anyone around the Central time zone get on Skype in the evenings? Looking for some practice buddies!

I am but I would be a waste of your time, I am on ch. 2 in my book and the most conversation I can have is a greeting and to tell you that I am in ASL 1... sorry

I am from Canada!! Center time zone

I am not sure figure out
I try install process!

Ember the best way to improve your skills and learn new words is through conversation!

Smithtr that would be awesome to chat sometime! :)

Ember the best way to improve your skills and learn new words is through conversation!

ok if you don't mind i'd be happy to practice with you.

glownember is my username add me!

I'm adding you!

LeighBug1226 is my name if anyone wants to add me.

Is Skype clear enough to have fluid conversations?

Hi, it depends on the connection, but usually it's great to communicate through Skype. I even use it to teach English, my students don"t complain at all. Seldom glitches happen of course but all in all it workd great. :wave:

Skype itself can be very clear, but it also depends on your webcam.

I have a laptop and it's just the one that comes with the computer. I've never really tried to use it for skype before.

This is what I was looking for ASL buddies I have skype I'm really want to learn.

I do it setting up ready soon! :D :lol:

hello! I'm hearing and if anyone wants to help me practice ASL, my Skype username is miranda.farny :]

Sure! Are you in ASL class?

Not currently, but I'll be taking one in the fall and in a few weeks I'll be joining the ASL club at my school. I know the alphabet and some basic signs; my mom took ASL in college and almost became an interpretor. Also, I had some deaf neighbors growing up so ASL and the deaf culture is something that's really close to my heart.

And I'm planning on getting my degree in Deaf Studies.

I just want to learn as much as I can prior to the class starting.

Not currently, but I'll be taking one in the fall and in a few weeks I'll be joining the ASL club at my school. I know the alphabet and some basic signs; my mom took ASL in college and almost became an interpretor. Also, I had some deaf neighbors growing up so ASL and the deaf culture is something that's really close to my heart.

And I'm planning on getting my degree in Deaf Studies.

I just want to learn as much as I can prior to the class starting.

Great! Well i'd love to chat sometime.

Still having trouble with Skype. I was able to successfully download it and create an account, but every time I try to Add a Contact, it tells me Skype Name not found. Every name I have put in!

If you'd like to Skype with me (I'm in my third semester of ASL), add kamama62 and let's see if it's just me doing this wrong, and others are able to add me.

Thanx!

Hello

Hi Everyone.:wave: I am trying to find people that I can use sign with so that I don't forget what I have learned and maybe learn some new signs. I have Skype and a webcam so it should not be a problem. My skype name is the same as my name on here magoo2981. I am usually signed on all the time but not always at my comp. But add me if you want to chat. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back