students booted for wearing USA shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
No rifle club, but we had archery club. Us Northern folks were sissies, I guess. There were no guards, no metal detectors, tear gas. How did we survive?
It was my high school in Connecticut. :)

Thank you for your honesty. I feel like Perry Mason! :giggle:

BTW, the grammar patrol has issued several citations on your posts. It's, not its. You're, not your. When you try to come off as an educated man, make sure your grammar is up to par.

Careful there, you sound a little "hot-headed".

Or is that grammatically correct?

I also think you don't belong anywhere near a bow and arrow. You might poke someone's eye out in a fit of rage IMHO.

Careful there, you sound a little "hot-headed".

Or is that grammatically correct?

Nope. Internet opinions do not anger me. We all share air on this big blue ball. Calling someone that votes for a Democrat "the enemy" seems a bit over the top, but you can say what you like. I admit, I have voted for Democrats before. I have voted for Republicans before. I have voted for Independents before. Shame on me.

Reading words on my screen is just something I do for entertainment. I never went to college. Did not finish high school. Took my GED test with a belly full of beer. Education does not always = intelligence. I am proof of that. I do not question anyone's intelligence until they question mine. Differing opinions do not equal one right and one wrong.

As you probably know, I rarely research anything. I post from the hip. Opinions vary. Ours are always opposites. So it goes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf6qZMwpo3k]YouTube - Jimi Hendrix - The Star-Spangled Banner Live Woodstock 1969[/ame]

A lot you don't research ;)

Page I. PVT.James Hendrix
RR19693632
HQ#260. BO11JMNT.BV
101# AIRBORNE DIV.
Fort Campbell Ky.

Dear Dad.___

Well, here I am- Excatly where I
wanted to go- In the 101ST AIRBORNE--
How are you and Leon, and every body? Fine,I
really hope- Well, It is pretty rough , but
I can't complain and I don't regret it....so far-
We jumped out of the 34ft. tower on the 3rd day
we were here - It was almost fun--
we were the first 9 out of about 150 in our
group - When I was walking up the stairs
to the top of the tower ,I was walking nice
and slow , just taking it easy -- there
were 3 guys that quit when they got to
the top of the tower -you can quit anytime.
And they took one look outside and just quit.

Page II.

And that got me to thinking when
I was walking up those steps -
But I have it made in my mind that what-
ever happens ,I'm not quitting on my own-
Anyway, When I got to the top,this jump
master snapped these two straps onto my
harness and stapped me on the butt and
said,right in my ear, "Go, Go, GO!
I hesitated for a split-second and the
next thing I knew,I was falling ___ All
of a sudden ,when all the slack was taken
up on the line,I was snapped like a
bull-whip and started bouncing down the
cable like this_

While I was slidding down, I had my
leg's togather,hands on the "reserve",
and chin tucked "into" my chest ___ NOT LIKE
IN
CRAZY PITURE

Opinions vary, but there are many that would say this: Jimi Hendrix was the best guitar player that ever lived. I am among that group. My ears do not hear well anymore, but I still get goosebumps when I think about this piece of music. I watch, and my memory fills in the blanks of sound. There are better pieces of music by him, but discussing that would certainly change the thread direction even further. However, I never felt more emotion from any other version of our National Anthem.

How about this; we stop with the macho bullshit, and get back to "people banned for wearing USA shirts?"

Opinions vary, but there are many that would say this: Jimi Hendrix was the best guitar player that ever lived. I am among that group. My ears do not hear well anymore, but I still get goosebumps when I think about this piece of music. I watch, and my memory fills in the blanks of sound. There are better pieces of music by him, but discussing that would certainly change the thread direction even further. However, I never felt more emotion from any other version of our National Anthem.

How about this; we stop with the macho bullshit, and get back to "people banned for wearing USA shirts?"

At least we both agree on something. Jimi Hendrix was the best guitar player that ever lived.

At least we both agree on something.

Stop the presses! :giggle:

negwv5.jpg

probably the best guitarist in this generation

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSENpGTTuao]YouTube - John frusciante - amazing guitar solo[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpDblDia5TE]YouTube - Yngwie Malmsteen Acoustic Guitar Solo[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFnMn25Ok5U]YouTube - Rubina's Blue Sky Happiness - Joe Satriani[/ame]

This is where it gets dangerous. I am all for a free society but we as Americans should not have to give up our identity as Americans to have a free society. This is absolute bullshit.

This is where it gets dangerous. I am all for a free society but we as Americans should not have to give up our identity as Americans to have a free society. This is absolute bullshit.

+1000

I will never give up my American culture to appease illegals. I will also not apologize for "in your face" tactics either.

The vice principal should have sent the flagpole in front of the school home too - as it was flying red white and blue on Cinco de Mayo.

One thing I don't get: How come Americans get all pissy when they can't be patriotic and this behavior doesn't seem to exist in other countries?
Probably because nobody is trampling on their rights to show their patriotism.

I wonder if the boy's father who was a legal from Mexico telling his son to wear the flag has any relevance?

No, keep preaching how this is all racist ..... I will pretend to be concerned about it.

The only relevence would be in your small mind. Which actually translates to none at all.

Agreed with 100%.

About 200 people packed the middle school auditorium where the meeting was held to accommodate the larger than normal number of people who attended to vent their feelings.

“Regardless where we came from when we come to this nation, we adopt its culture and what this nation stands for and the flag,” said Morgan Hill resident Lavonne Atnit. “I am personally getting very tired of disrespect to that flag and what this nation stands for.”

Morgan Hill’s Claudia Rossi offered some advice to the Latino student who walked out of school in protest the day following the incident.

“To those Latino kids that are here: you are not going to change the mind of one person that is being offensive to you,” said Rossi. “Educate yourself. That is the way to honor your flag wherever you come from.”

The boys who wore the patriotic colors — which some Latino students viewed as disrespectful — did not show up. However, some of their parents did.

“The students were not making a political statement. Their goal was to simply their pride in their country,” said parent Joy Jones. “As parents we are proud we have raised young men who stand up for what they believe in.”

Huzzah!

Read more at: Parents Express Anger Over Cinco De Mayo Flap - News Story - KTVU San Francisco

The only relevence would be in your small mind. Which actually translates to none at all.

You really need to stop ingesting those Salvia leaves. Just because its legal doesn't mean its smart.

it's surprisingly legal in many states. I ought to try it to understand your reasoning behind everything. :cool2:

Be forewarned, I have heard some CRAZY stories about it. Like, turning into a Palm Tree ..... leaving your body, walking outside, then your body getting up and meeting you outside.....

yeah .... CRAZY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back