students booted for wearing USA shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illegals have no right to come here. If they want to live here, they have to apply for immigration just like everyone else. Stand in line folks.

Yiz

or visa

sq49k0.jpg

*march march march march* grammar riot police in formation!
I felt sheepish doing it; but when someone tells me I am an idiot, the enemy, and a criminal, that frees me from guilt and restraint. :giggle:

Controversies like this is one reason many schools don't allow t-shirts with any kind of words or symbols.

In the ancient days when I attended public high school, no one was allowed to wear t-shirts to school, period.

lol ancient days? THAT old? :giggle:

hmmm.... I'm wearing a Bristol-Myers Squibb shirt. wondering if some people would give me a funny look for supporting fat cat :giggle:

Controversies like this is one reason many schools don't allow t-shirts with any kind of words or symbols.

In the ancient days when I attended public high school, no one was allowed to wear t-shirts to school, period.

We are not too far apart, age-wise. I recall girls being required to wear dresses; only when the winter weather came were they allowed to put slacks on, and those had to be removed before class. I also remember a boy filing a lawsuit against my school district because they required a certain hair length. He had longer hair, and they wanted above the collar. I think they settled out of court.

I cannot even imagine some of the things I see now, like guys with their trousers down around their knees; girls with thong underwear and microskirts; facial piercings...:shock:

We are not too far apart, age-wise. I recall girls being required to wear dresses; only when the winter weather came were they allowed to put slacks on, and those had to be removed before class. I also remember a boy filing a lawsuit against my school district because they required a certain hair length. He had longer hair, and they wanted above the collar. I think they settled out of court.

I cannot even imagine some of the things I see now, like guys with their trousers down around their knees; girls with thong underwear and microskirts; facial piercings...:shock:

My nephew Philip is one of those students with facial piercings.

My nephew Philip is one of those students with facial piercings.
Hey, no worries. I was one of the first in my school to grow my hair long after the case was settled. I have no complaints about what others do now. Just pointing out the difference in time. My era = hair above collar. Current era = no loaded handguns.

We are not too far apart, age-wise. I recall girls being required to wear dresses; only when the winter weather came were they allowed to put slacks on, and those had to be removed before class.
Right. In elementary school, we could wear "snow pants" underneath our skirts and dresses to and from school. In high school, that wasn't cool, so girls usually wore heavy tights and tall boots with long overcoats to stay warm over their skirts and dresses.

I also remember a boy filing a lawsuit against my school district because they required a certain hair length. He had longer hair, and they wanted above the collar. I think they settled out of court.
I had a cousin the same age as me, attending the same school, who was in a rock band. He let his hair and sideburns get too long at graduation time, so he wasn't allowed to participate in the cap and gown ceremony.

A couple years after I graduated, the hair rules loosened up a little bit but it didn't really help my younger brother. His hair is very naturally curly, so even though his hair grew longer it just got bushier instead of covering his collar. :lol:

Yes, I see it when I interpret in the public schools. :eek3:

Off topic, but did you ever wear galoshes or rubbers over your shoes? :lol:

Hey, no worries. I was one of the first in my school to grow my hair long after the case was settled. I have no complaints about what others do now. Just pointing out the difference in time. My era = hair above collar. Current era = no loaded handguns.
At my high school we had a competative rifle club for girls and boys, among other sports. We also had no school riots, lock downs, walk outs, shootings, or stabbings.

Right. In elementary school, we could wear "snow pants" underneath our skirts and dresses to and from school.

Yes, that is what I meant.

Off topic, but did you ever wear galoshes or rubbers over your shoes? :lol:
Sure, with the little metal clamp thingies you clipped and snapped on the upper part, in place of laces. Edit: I found a picture!
nlrl83.jpg

There was a product that came out later, "Totes" I believe the name was.

No comment on rubbers...:giggle:

Last edited:
At my high school we had a competative rifle club for girls and boys, among other sports. We also had no school riots, lock downs, walk outs, shootings, or stabbings.
No rifle club, but we had archery club. Us Northern folks were sissies, I guess. There were no guards, no metal detectors, tear gas. How did we survive?

I used to have a pierced nose but I had to remove it cuz it became infected and I am allegric to nickel.

I used to have a pierced nose but I had to remove it cuz it became infected and I am allegric to nickel.
Maybe a hypoallergenic silver or stainless steel one would be better. BTW, I think the sexiest piercings, in order: ear, navel, nose. Most others do nothing for me.

Funny story, but true: I worked with a woman that had a nose stone. I asked her how she put the clamp on inside her nostril. :confused: (thinking it worked like an ear ring) We shared a good laugh.

Maybe a hypoallergenic silver or stainless steel one would be better. BTW, I think the sexiest piercings, in order: ear, navel, nose. Most others do nothing for me.

Funny story, but true: I worked with a woman that had a nose stone. I asked her how she put the clamp on inside her nostril. :confused: (thinking it worked like an ear ring) We shared a good laugh.

Mmm I don't know how the clamp is put inside.. and i've had my nose pierced. :s

If I were to get pierced again, I'd prolly get my belly button and nipples pierced but I want to make sure I have diabetes under control first.

I'd leave my mouth and nose alone this time as they're quite prone to infections.

My diabetes been harder to control cuz i had to stop taking one of my meds so that the interaction of the med with another med wouldn't cause kidney damage.

If I were to get pierced again, I'd prolly get my belly button and nipples pierced but I want to make sure I have diabetes under control first.

I'd leave my mouth and nose alone this time as they're quite prone to infections.

My diabetes been harder to control cuz i had to stop taking one of my meds so that the interaction of the med with another med wouldn't cause kidney damage.

Oh ouch, sorry to hear about your health problem. :(

You are more important than Rush L, the conservative radio hoster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back