Stimulation of Communication

Agreed. There's no escape from the hearing world. I think both lanagues should be the main tools in the toolbox.

The majority of us here agree with that completely. ASL as the L1 language and English as the L2 language.

And what exactly is it that you support, A.G. Bell....oops, I mean rick? And,t he tool box is not full unless ASL is included. I guess that's the problem.....you are one tool short in your tool box and it compromises your understanding.
Thank you jillo!
Rick48, with oral only you only have a single tool......not even enough to count as a toolbox. You don't realize that MANY of us want dhh kids to have good speech skills ( a lot of us are happy that we can hear and talk), but we ALSO want them to be literate, and to have ASL/Sign abilty. Why is that so hard to understand?

Thank you jillo!
Rick48, with oral only you only have a single tool......not even enough to count as a toolbox. You don't realize that MANY of us want dhh kids to have good speech skills ( a lot of us are happy that we can hear and talk), but we ALSO want them to be literate, and to have ASL/Sign abilty. Why is that so hard to understand?

Because he thinks ASL is beneath spoken language so with that view, he will never understand.

You don't realize that MANY of us want dhh kids to have good speech skills ( a lot of us are happy that we can hear and talk), but we ALSO want them to be literate, and to have ASL/Sign abilty. Why is that so hard to understand?

deafdyke - If you could be given the opportunity to learn the language of your nuclear family, from your family via Cued Speech, in conjucntion with, ASL learned from a native ASL adult, would you say yes or no?

Back