Sticker shock

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you believe in just media comments?

Often media would comment something that they predict of upcoming disaster, most of the time they come out just nothing but folly comments.

For instance, there have been media drama about fiscal cliff, and they will bring disaster to our economy earlier this year... Has it happened? Or was it just another joke from media jerks?

BTW, aren't you forgetting that America Media usually don't look at bright or positive side? They usually interest in dark and more negative side just to intimidate Americans, in order to rake up money from advertisers?

I do not pay attention to what the media says about this issue - I take a look at what corporations are doing . And corporations are NO LONGER hiring full time employees ... period. The cuts have been all across the board.

Do yourself a favor, and the next time you go grocery shopping, ask anyone working there if I am correct. Next time you dine out, ask the employees if I am correct. Next time you go to see a movie, ask the people that work there if I am correct. Next time you go to the mall, ask the employees there if I am correct.

The cuts were all across the board.

No longer hiring full time? I have still seen some of my friends getting hired FULL time jobs recently. As of right now I know few full time positions that are currently open. I was hired full time 6 years ago, so I don't believe your claim. So, um no it is not true that they ease hiring full time. Just that you are looking at wrong places.

And these jobs that you just mentioned, they are "Entry level" jobs, meaning anyone can have these job easy because they don't require higher education.

I do not pay attention to what the media says about this issue - I take a look at what corporations are doing . And corporations are NO LONGER hiring full time employees ... period. The cuts have been all across the board.

Do yourself a favor, and the next time you go grocery shopping, ask anyone working there if I am correct. Next time you dine out, ask the employees if I am correct. Next time you go to see a movie, ask the people that work there if I am correct. Next time you go to the mall, ask the employees there if I am correct.

The cuts were all across the board.

What? Is this a joke that she whines that her insurance premium is going up by only 10%? Didn't she forget that for years, insurance premium goes up more than 10% each year. There are times that the rate goes up 18% in just a year, that is since Nixon decided to resign his presidency.

Nixon presidency?

What's big 1970's house with pale white painting, thick brown sculptured carpet, white wooden closet door that is harder to open, wooden window, wooden brown plain door, hard mattress, analog TV with CC decoder and Apple II. :lol:

That will be cool if you become teacher. I'm very support of deaf teachers. If I want become teacher, I will consider IT, math or ASL.

Oh yes, the life is real hard.

Stay at home during summer wasn't fun for me and it wasn't pleasant, so I feel that I was under house arrest. I rather to work than stay at home for nothing.

I plan on working p/t through the summers to keep busy too.

No longer hiring full time? I have still seen some of my friends getting hired FULL time jobs recently. As of right now I know few full time positions that are currently open. I was hired full time 6 years ago, so I don't believe your claim. So, um no it is not true that they ease hiring full time. Just that you are looking at wrong places.

And these jobs that you just mentioned, they are "Entry level" jobs, meaning anyone can have these job easy because they don't require higher education.

That is fine if you do not believe me - that is why I told you to simply ask others. Go ahead, ask a Kroger employee if their hours were cut. Ask a mall employee if their hours were cut. I don't know ... ask a baskin Robbins employee if their hours were cut.

Because you know what? That is who the ACA was supposed to "help". If you say they are entry level positions .. even that is fine .. you mean the young and healthy that the ACA is relying on to pay insurance?

No one is hiring for 40 hour f/t positions. No one.

In case you didn't notice .. when the Government shut down ... the stock market went ..... UP. http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/...s/la-fiw-stock-market-20131001,0,232256.story

Steinhauer, if you do the math, and smart enough to figure out why.

Say a town has 500,000 unemployed, and local corporations need only 75,000 full time or 125,000 part time employees for entry level positions, which way do you think corporation would go for? If they had hired 75,000 Full time, then 425,000 people would still be out of work anyway, or hire 125,000 of them leaving 375,000 out of work. Which way would benefit the economy?

Of course, there are higher level positions that are needed, less people qualifies for them, meaning companies would prefer offer full time instead of part time because it is more difficult to find talented employee for part time positions.

This have nothing to do with Obamacare, period.

Oh really? Dow stock was over 15,500 before government shut down, now check whats their current index?

Guess what? They no longer in 15,000 territory, they fall below into 14,000 territory.

Stocks close higher despite government shutdown - latimes.com
Stocks close higher despite government shutdown

3 days ago;

Why The Stock Market Should Not React to Government Shutdown | Dr. K.C. Ma

yesterday:

Government Shutdowns Have Never Hurt The Stock Market - Forbes

Government Shutdowns Have Never Hurt The Stock Market

f3e1959103cb6d125dc508d530c0a1d7.jpg

TENSION BREAKER!!! :D

Guess your looking at wrong media, sorry. I do not believe your claim.

And you forgot, this person in your first post complaining that her insurance premium went up by 10%, that is NOTHING compared to whats going on in the past. Aren't you so blind? Aren't you forgetting these years that insurance premium kept going up every year by MORE than 10%.

Steinhauer, if you do the math, and smart enough to figure out why.

Say a town has 500,000 unemployed, and local corporations need only 75,000 full time or 125,000 part time employees for entry level positions, which way do you think corporation would go for? If they had hired 75,000 Full time, then 425,000 people would still be out of work anyway, or hire 125,000 of them leaving 375,000 out of work. Which way would benefit the economy?

Of course, there are higher level positions that are needed, less people qualifies for them, meaning companies would prefer offer full time instead of part time because it is more difficult to find talented employee for part time positions.

This have nothing to do with Obamacare, period.

It has everything to do with Obamacare .. its right there, and you still do not see it.

How is the ACA supposed to work? It is supposed to force the young and the healthy to purchase health insurance to cover the cost of those in poverty who cannot afford health insurance.

The young and the healthy usually get entry level employment.

At entry level employment, $7.25 is making too much money to get a subsidy. Therefore, the young and the healthy live in a perpetual state of poverty .. since their employers will not hire them for more than 27 hours per week to A) avoid paying for expensive benefits and B) avoid paying any government mandated fines. Whereas, before the ACA, full time was considered 40 or more hours per week. So the entry level employee takes home far much less money than before the ACA was passed.

So, people are working less hours and making less money, therefore, they are spending less money. Do you not see the total destructiveness of this cycle?

27 hours a week .. no benefits, but according to the government, they are still gainfully employed.

Guess your looking at wrong media, sorry. I do not believe your claim.

And you forgot, this person in your first post complaining that her insurance premium went up by 10%, that is NOTHING compared to whats going on in the past. Aren't you so blind? Aren't you forgetting these years that insurance premium kept going up every year by MORE than 10%.

You are forgetting what the person was saying. Obama promised to make health care affordable .. hence the name .. the Affordable Health Care Act.

Raising her already ridiculously high premium another 10% is not making it affordable. It is making it more expensive.

And, 10% is a LOT. especially if you are living on a fixed income.

Paying $600 a month and thinking "Yay, Obama will make it less" only to have to turn around and pay $660??!! That was what she was saying.

How old is Obamacare? It has not even started yet.

It TAKES time for premium to level off and fall down. IT WILL fall within few years.

For instance, if you look at states that requires automobile insurance coverage, and those that requires surrender license plate whenever the insurance has cancelled, otherwise will face severe penalty. Compare their insurance rate with states that have very relaxed auto insurance laws. Its right there. Here, our auto insurance is very cheap comparing to state that have relaxed insurance laws.

The reason is to make EVERYBODY share the financial burden to make it affordable. If half of people buys health insurance, these half of people WILL fork the cost of other half that refused to pay insurance premiums, and hospitals can not deny those who enters emergency room, who pays for them? That is where it needs to be fixed. Also, why do you think America got the highest health care cost than any other developed countries?

You are forgetting what the person was saying. Obama promised to make health care affordable .. hence the name .. the Affordable Health Care Act.

Raising her already ridiculously high premium another 10% is not making it affordable. It is making it more expensive.

And, 10% is a LOT. especially if you are living in a fixed income.

If you think Obamacare is wrong, then I think the law that requires hospitals accept anyone into emergency room needs to be repealed, how is that works for you?
In other words, Obamacare OR No insurance, no admittance period even if it is life and death situation.

How old is Obamacare? It has not even started yet.

It TAKES time for premium to level off and fall down. IT WILL fall within few years.

For instance, if you look at states that requires automobile insurance coverage, and those that requires surrender license plate whenever the insurance has cancelled, otherwise will face severe penalty. Compare their insurance rate with states that have very relaxed auto insurance laws. Its right there. Here, our auto insurance is very cheap comparing to state that have relaxed insurance laws.

The reason is to make EVERYBODY share the financial burden to make it affordable. If half of people buys health insurance, these half of people WILL fork the cost of other half that refused to pay insurance premiums, and hospitals can not deny those who enters emergency room, who pays for them? That is where it needs to be fixed. Also, why do you think America got the highest health care cost than any other developed countries?

Last year, our company COO, and my wife's company's COO warned us this was going to happen.

My brother's COO ... same thing ... my extended family ... same exact thing. All of my friends that are employed .... same thing. Everyone that I know that has a job .... same warning.

The ACA was going to A) decrease hours B) cause massive layoffs.

And if you think this was a Republican scare tactic ... it wasn't. Business owners knew what the repercussions were going to be. And .. those repercussions hit. What they had warned us about is here.

Before the minimum wage increase, I was taking 30% more pay home than I am now. That is MY money. I worked for it.

If you think Obamacare is wrong, then I think the law that requires hospitals accept anyone into emergency room needs to be repealed, how is that works for you?
In other words, Obamacare OR No insurance, no admittance period even if it is life and death situation.

You do realize that it was the law even before Obamacare that a hospital had to accept patients regardless of insurance don't you?

You do realize that before Obamacare came on the map, there were no broke hospitals don't you?

You do realize that Bill Clinton tried to do the same exact thing - and doctors and people in the medical field were telling him it wasn't going to work? just like they were saying when Obama tried to pass the ACA?

Just like they are saying now? i would think that people in the medical profession would know a great deal more than Obama.

We do not have a healthcare crisis in America. We have a healthcare cost crisis. $300 for tylenol in the ER?

See red font below, thats my comment

You do realize that it was the law even before Obamacare that a hospital had to accept patients regardless of insurance don't you? Thats right, who is paying for them that don't carry insurance or don't have the ability to pay for? Obamacare was intended to fix that problem

You do realize that before Obamacare came on the map, there were no broke hospitals don't you?

No broke hospital? LOL ROFLMAO!!!! There are several hospital went bankruptcy, my oldest son who was born in a hospital that filed bankruptcy 2 months after his birth!

You do realize that Bill Clinton tried to do the same exact thing - and doctors and people in the medical field were telling him it wasn't going to work? just like they were saying when Obama tried to pass the ACA?

Just like they are saying now? i would think that people in the medical profession would know a great deal more than Obama.
Oh really? My previous doctor told me that he supported Obamacare and now I can see why after going though hell in between two insurance companies.

Just to throw it out there because I'm me.... I'm in the medical field and I still don't 110% understand everything with ObamaCare.... The only thing I understand 100% is we're supposed to be getting ass tons busier when it hits, and we don't have the staffing for it. We are so short staffed in the medical field it's unreal. It's not going to be pretty for me that's for sure. I already have 80 hour work weeks half the time, I'm not looking forward to an extra 20 on top. :(

Oh another employee working more than 60 hours a week.

Somebody here thought corporations no longer hire full time, guess that person wasn't paying enough attention.

Here is question, howcome other developed countries where all citizens have access to medical needs don't have much issues and they managed okay, howcome America can't come up something that would be manageable?

Just to throw it out there because I'm me.... I'm in the medical field and I still don't 110% understand everything with ObamaCare.... The only thing I understand 100% is we're supposed to be getting ass tons busier when it hits, and we don't have the staffing for it. We are so short staffed in the medical field it's unreal. It's not going to be pretty for me that's for sure. I already have 80 hour work weeks half the time, I'm not looking forward to an extra 20 on top. :(

You do realize that it was the law even before Obamacare that a hospital had to accept patients regardless of insurance don't you?

We do not have a healthcare crisis in America. We have a healthcare cost crisis. $300 for tylenol in the ER?

Okay since DHB already hit on most of these I'm just going to take on one, the bold. I'm sorry, that is completely untrue.

Clinton was going whole hog and pushing for a single payer system. The republicans at the time proposed plans similar to the ACA, not Clinton the republicans. Clinton-universal GOP-individual mandates. There were actually 2 plans, both with individual mandates put forth in counteroffers to Clintons plan and both had individual mandates.

Here you go. History of the Individual Health Insurance Mandate, 1989-2010 - Obamacare / Health Care Laws - ProCon.org

Don't just look at the bills section scroll down a little and you will find policy origins of the individual mandate. You will find that the idea dates back to 1989, HW Bush era, he tried for the individual mandate as well, the policy was written by none other than the Republican think tank The Heritage Foundation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back