Stem cells heal hearing loss

Would you get stem cell treatment for hearing loss if you knew it worked?

• Total voters
Hell no, I prefer to be deaf.

To you it may not be a tragedy, to others it is a devastating thing to have. Just as it is devastating to lose your eyesight, lose your ability to walk or become paralyzed, to have Parkinson, Alzheimer, to lose an arm, and so on. But it's funny how most people wouldn't mind seeing a cure for vision loss or impairment but when it comes to hearing loss we have a group of people who frown upon such an approach.

What in world are you talking about? My life isn't tragedy, period.

You are right wing so you are supposed to against on stem cell, that's make no sense.

Again, my life isn't fucking tragedy.

No way after 44 years of complete silence. 44 years is way way more than long enough for me to be used to Silence, and I do not believe I can handle the blast of sounds afterwards. So leave it alone.

No way after 44 years of complete silence. 44 years is way way more than long enough for me to be used to Silence, and I do not believe I can handle the blast of sounds afterwards. So leave it alone.

Agreed. :D

To you it may not be a tragedy, to others it is a devastating thing to have. Just as it is devastating to lose your eyesight, lose your ability to walk or become paralyzed, to have Parkinson, Alzheimer, to lose an arm, and so on. But it's funny how most people wouldn't mind seeing a cure for vision loss or impairment but when it comes to hearing loss we have a group of people who frown upon such an approach.

I agree with Foxrac. No, Stem cell can cure for Retina Disease that I have one since I was born. I am consider to get stem cell for my vision to rid of blind spots in the future. Or get Retina Implant. It's not my personal to get stem cell to cure my deafness!!!

HELL NO!!! I don't want to get stem cell to cure for deafness. The Stem cell is for hearing loss in adult not belong to profound hearing loss from born. The deaf people from born that way and can't get stem cell to cure. I prefer be deaf with CI. I can get my ci off when I go sleep and quiet. Zero discuss with me!

I am more worried about the safety of stem cell technology than the cure itself so I would rather wait for about a decade before I decide.

Meanwhile cochlear implants are proven to be safe and well studied with 30 years experience and have restored plenty of hearing to deaf people, especially when deaf toddlers are implanted and those with late deafened people.

And I really like complete silence at times and only CI provides that. Also, you are able to adjust volume.

I am more worried about the safety of stem cell technology than the cure itself so I would rather wait for about a decade before I decide.

Meanwhile cochlear implants are proven to be safe and well studied with 30 years experience and have restored plenty of hearing to deaf people, especially when deaf toddlers are implanted and those with late deafened people.

And I really like complete silence at times and only CI provides that. Also, you are able to adjust volume

Ditto! That is exactly.

I have no idea why the stem cell pushers believe that profoundly deaf from birth people will be able to do this. Why wouldn't whatever killed the first set of hair cells, happen again? How is their brain going to make sense of all the noise? There is no way to do it slowly, like a CI. And what if it works and they can't handle it, no way to turn it off.

I would want to see YEARS of science that proves it works with the pre-lingually deaf before I would consider it for my kid.

I wouldn't do it after all I have read here of the potential for tumors.

I have enough problems already.

I wouldn't do it after all I have read here of the potential for tumors.

I have enough problems already.

That would be on the embryonic stem cell side of the story regarding potential for tumors is much, much higher than using your own adult stem cells where your own body recognizes it.

That would be on the embryonic stem cell side of the story regarding potential for tumors is much, much higher than using your own adult stem cells where your own body recognizes it.

Says who? You? Are you a doctor? I wasn't aware.....

Says who? You? Are you a doctor? I wasn't aware.....

It's widely reported in medical journals and reports early on the dangers of using embryonic/fetal stem cells. But they seemed to have "improved" but more importantly is why in the field of adult stem cells (and even cordblood stem cells) are so far out ahead in the competition and that it's less risky to use your own materials from your own body?

Stem Cell Therapy Boy Develops Tumors

Study: Stem Cell Injections Caused Tumors - CBS News

Tumors triggered by fetal stem cells

It's widely reported in medical journals and reports early on the dangers of using embryonic/fetal stem cells. But they seemed to have "improved" but more importantly is why in the field of adult stem cells (and even cordblood stem cells) are so far out ahead in the competition and that it's less risky to use your own materials from your own body?

Stem Cell Therapy Boy Develops Tumors

Study: Stem Cell Injections Caused Tumors - CBS News

Tumors triggered by fetal stem cells

No, I want to see the information that says that adult stem cells DON'T do that.

Back