Stem cells heal hearing loss

Would you get stem cell treatment for hearing loss if you knew it worked?

• Total voters
I would even if it involved embryo's because an embryo is not sentient and not a baby.

Great, maybe you can be a cancer test subject to see if stem cells really do cause that much cancer due to overgrowing.

Bravery!

Since I was not born deaf, and I have pretty much existed in the hearing world my entire life (even though always apart from it as well), I'd probably go for it if I had disposable income, it was gauranteed safe and effective. At the same time, I could give a rat's ass if stem cells ever do in fact pan out, and I'm not going to sit around and wait for a "cure." I am happy the way I am, and I love my life, but I'm not going to say "Oh, I would never take the opportunity to hear again if given a chance" route. It's a personal choice for everyone. Same as the CI.

Faire jour...the key word is less likely to happen with adult stem cells than embryonic though there seem hardly any evidence that adult stem cells can cause tumors.

Why Embryonic Stem Cells Are Obsolete - Heart to Heart (usnews.com)

Online NewsHour: Forum: Adult Stem Cells -- Aug. 9, 2004

Adult Stem Cells Used to Prevent Tumors in ESCR - Wellsphere

"Hardly any evidence"?:laugh2: That is no doubt because the research regarding regression of adult cells to non-specialized stem cells is still in its infancy.

kokonut will tell you it's a human being.

In my opinion, I think it is just cells (as women naturally flush out embryos all the time). It's the ethical thing. Like where to draw the line. So I just don't think we should be experimenting like that. And I don't want people to promote more abortions just for researches like that (if there are no line drawn). Although, I don't think researches use embryos after certain weeks old nor I think it can survive very long without the womb unless they work on dead embryos, and abortion can not be perform after certain weeks.

anyway, It just gross as someone decided to use placenta as their youth cream for their face. ugh

You mean this guy who has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Korea University?

Jin Han Hong - LinkedIn

See at p.19 accelerize.secfilings.com/DownloadPDF.aspx?fid=15763874

This is the best that you've got? How about an M.D. and a more reputable company?

kokonut will tell you it's a human being.

Every embryo is a human being because it has DNA but we can use the same logic for stem cell. Every stem cell is a human being therefore it is wrong!

That's why it's pure non-sense. I refuse to label an embryo a person.

Every embryo is a human being because it has DNA but we can use the same logic for stem cell. Every stem cell is a human being therefore it is wrong!

That's why it's pure non-sense. I refuse to label an embryo a person.

dude.. if DNA defines a human being, then plants are human beings too!

Rather it's the DNA/RNA that makes us who were are as human species.

That's a matter of personal opinion with no scientific argument to back it up.

That's a matter of personal opinion with no scientific argument to back it up.

Actually, barring one person in the history of the world, nothing has every cured hearing loss. And the one person who was "cured" still has a loss! So, actually, science backs me up 100%.

Actually, barring one person in the history of the world, nothing has every cured hearing loss. And the one person who was "cured" still has a loss! So, actually, science backs me up 100%.

Plus the person who was helped was an auto immune loss which is different.

Steroids will sometimes help too.

It's the saying of "can't" as it will never cure sensorineural deafness. Only time will tell and so far the odds on bet is that it eventually will.

It's the saying of "can't" as it will never cure sensorineural deafness. Only time will tell and so far the odds on bet is that it eventually will.

Maybe, eventually, someday in the future. I can only speak to reality, today.

These quacks prey on vulnerable people who cannot accept deafness. The quacks give people false hope, and it fulfills an emotional need for the deaf people who cannot adjust to the reality of their situation. No different than a modern-day snake oil salesman.

These quacks prey on vulnerable people who cannot accept deafness. The quacks give people false hope, and it fulfills an emotional need for the deaf people who cannot adjust to the reality of their situation. No different than a modern-day snake oil salesman.

Who are "these quacks" you're referring to? Do you any *evidence* that what you're saying is the case? How do you know it's false hope when scientists from around the world are actually working on stem cells and for the restoration on sensorineural hearing loss and that in mouse models have shown some regenerative capacity?

I can understand her... a bit.

I know a of a guy that got false hope that as soon they discover how to regenerate stereocilia, that everyone would get it right off the bat. Why? One of the corporates worded it as such on their website.

Going to hurt big-time when he find out that he is going to have to pay a large sum of money that he doesn't have.

Who are "these quacks" you're referring to? Do you any *evidence* that what you're saying is the case? How do you know it's false hope when scientists from around the world are actually working on stem cells and for the restoration on sensorineural hearing loss and that in mouse models have shown some regenerative capacity?

Oh, I see because mice and human are exactly the same.....I get it now :roll:

Not quite. It has similar pathways and that both are mammals. Working with mouse models provide clues for the human counterparts.

Back