SSI/SSDI benefits

If the congress weren't unproductive so they could work on reform to make simplified and improve the medical care but they chose to not do their job.

People think SSDI is oh so great to live off of, in reality it sucks, it doesnt make ends meet and it barely gets you by....

Absolutely. It's a major pet peeve of mine to those people who think SSDI are for the lazy who don't want to work etc.

I'm on SSDI. It's no picnic. Currently, I live with my parents. I try not to think about what will happen when someday they won't be around anymore. I have 2 younger siblings & hopefully they'll be there to help me out when the time comes.

I'd hate to live alone in the city. It scares the crap out of me thinking about it.

The complication is that I'm in Dual Status, and the Medicare rep didn't have an answer for this:

When I was in the Navy I served 7 years active duty and 17 years as a drilling reservist. I retired as a reservist.

TCS served his full career and retired as an active duty member. So, his status is primary over mine. Our Tricare is under his SSN, and I'm considered a dependent for Tricare purposes.

I will 65 March 2016. TCS will be 65 December 2017. That screws up the normal way Tricare is determined for the dependent (me).

When I get my prescriptions at the VA hospital downtown, I get them under my SSN. When I get the at the Navy pharmacy, I have to get them under TCS's SSN. I get my medical care from VA under my SSN. I get other care, if needed, such as an ER visit, under TCS's SSN (Tricare).

That's why it's confusing. :dizzy:

The Medicare rep said that she never heard of such a thing. :roll:
Dang...

now that's what I would call a perfect example of "outside the box" scenario for QA testing of the software/programs- to make sure it doesn't 'break'.

Seriously though I hope you guys do manage to find a way to resolve it...I know a teeny bit about TriCare , never tested those (would have needed clearance for one) but knew that there are a LOT of regulations/rules with that and Medicare (Medicare and Medicare Advantage testing by itself was.... fun :dizzy:).

Back