squirrel BE GONE!!!

A baby squirrel that was found outside at my ex's relative's house. it was just laying there and shivering. they took it in and reared it. now it's living in the tree in their backyard and it visits back home once in a while.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5kL8x-m9Y[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDZzSBS60k[/ame]

A baby squirrel that was found outside at my ex's relative's house. it was just laying there and shivering. they took it in and reared it. now it's living in the tree in their backyard and it visits back home once in a while.
]

Wonderful videos. Thank you for sharing those... :ty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5kL8x-m9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDZzSBS60k

Very nice video of caring and nurturing and all the power to them if they can do that, personally I wouldn't do that though, if I see one hurting bad I would call the city's animal control to take care of it most likely or some kind of action in that direction. I want to discourage them from coming as possibly as it can be and not encourage them. then again if not mistaking you were referring to Kokonut's picture.

Squirrels will enter buildings for shelter and nesting. Squirrels commonly use attics as den sites and have two litters of offspring each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. If squirrel removal is not implemented immediately when the squirrel situation is identified, the population of squirrels living in or around a building will continue to grow. These squirrels need to be promptly removed from the area in order to take control of the squirrel situation.

The most effective method of squirrel removal is trapping them. Critter Control of Ottawa will set traps to catch the squirrels around your home or business. Any squirrels that are trapped are safely relocated to other areas.

Squirrel Removal: Get rid of Squirrels, Catch Squirrels

Relocating them and reducing their numbers is realistic to a certain extent. I may do something about it mid summer next year to give them a chance to find another home.

I remember one time my dad had a squirrel trap on his fence. Strangely, a possum got in it instead. *groans*

I remember one time my dad had a squirrel trap on his fence. Strangely, a possum got in it instead. *groans*
We often catch possums and raccoons in our squirrel trap. We just open the door and let them out. The older possums hiss and bare their teeth but the others just waddle out.

Very nice video of caring and nurturing and all the power to them if they can do that, personally I wouldn't do that though, if I see one hurting bad I would call the city's animal control to take care of it most likely or some kind of action in that direction. I want to discourage them from coming as possibly as it can be and not encourage them. then again if not mistaking you were referring to Kokonut's picture.

do you really trust animal control to take care of it? they'll "take care" of it by killing it. it was during winter. it fell off the nest and was just laying there on the floor, dying and barely breathing cuz it was freezing to death.

they know how to raise animal. the squirrel doesn't come by often.

I got no problem with Squirrels, they are generally afraid of human and won't bite. They will be bite if threatened by humans.

I got plenty of squirrels in my back yard and I leave them alone. BUT Im sick and tired of stupid ground hogs!

pick up the sundays paper tomarrow and look for 20 percent coupon next to comics and there is another one in parade section. save free flashlight coupons. bring your kids with you to your local harbor freight. get meduim size trap with 20 percent and free flashlight. your kids will be able to get a flashflight "as another visitor". trap em and then either relocate them on your property far corner or kill em and bury them. NYS law says you cannot release them on another property without said permission. If you kill them, you must bury or burn them according to law.

:dizzy: I'll make my thoughts short.

gohabsgo, thank you for trying. people like in those videos (slingshots/launchers) irritate me. STUPIDITY. and believe me, I have zero toleration for it. for chrissake, they are hungry!

jiro, this is why I demand for ID/number once I surround any injured or stray animals so I could get the updates after on how they are doing that but the ones who wouldn't give me - red flag - I leave with them and try my best, research as much as I can before feed them anything.

a droplet of water could kill a bird, milk is not for raccoons, tuna aren't for cats either, those little things people assume whatever is okay to "save" them could kill them and have killed plenty.

Here's me feeding a gimpy chipmunk (a scarred and injured right hind leg) on Mt Howard (8150 ft) near Wallowa Lake (Joseph, Oregon - eastern Oregon) on August 20, 2010.

Mikeandgimpychipmunk-1.jpg
Dude! You seriously wear a fanny pack. I just lost all respect for you.. :rofl:

LOL, I finally just saw that squirrel launcher/sling shot. I wouldn't ever think of doing something like that now, but if I'd have seen that when I was 18-19 yrs old, I'd be all over that trying to make a squirrel launcher.

Looks cruel doing that kind of thing to those little critters. They built homes around squirrel's haibat so it's not squirrel's fault for being there. If they don't like squirrels, go move to the city with tons of pollution.

do you really trust animal control to take care of it? they'll "take care" of it by killing it. it was during winter. it fell off the nest and was just laying there on the floor, dying and barely breathing cuz it was freezing to death.

I also said "or some kind of action in that direction" meaning an organization to take care of the animal if there is one, then again it's hard for me to answer your question about animal control since that kind of event has never happened to me before, what action they take may or may not be what you claim, that would have to be checked I am sure not all cities have the same policies maybe they don't even "take care of it" at all in the first place, thus again why I said "or some kind of action in that direction". I'm not indifferent to the situation and the well being of that animal in your video but I wouldn't bring it inside and feed it, some people would some people wouldn't. My OP isn't about this anyways, it's about should I trap and relocate them (and by trap I mean a humane trap so not to hurt them) or just leave as is:dunno:

Here's me feeding a gimpy chipmunk (a scarred and injured right hind leg) on Mt Howard (8150 ft) near Wallowa Lake (Joseph, Oregon - eastern Oregon) on August 20, 2010.

Mikeandgimpychipmunk-1.jpg

How long did it take for the chipmunk to eat out of your hands? We have a lot around here , I think they live in the basement as I see them really close to my house .When I first got my hearing dog he would stand at a wall in my home and cock his head and listen to the wall! Whatever was in the wall is gone now as my dog is not listening to my wall any more! Thanks goodness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd5kL8x-m9Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnDZzSBS60k

When we were kids we found a squirrel that we thought was hurt , I can't remeber how on earth we trapped it but we did ! And took it inside the house! It was running all over the place and hanging off the chandelier
inthe the dinning room! Our mother was freaking out and yelling at us to gety the damn squirrel out of the house! Some how we were able to get it out. And the squirrel was fine but we were not fine when dad got home!

I know that county animal control doesn't take care of injured or orphaned wild animals. If I needed someone to take care of an injured squirrel, I would contact a friend of mine who does squirrel rescues.

There are volunteers who specialize in each kind of wild animal rescue service.

I used to know another woman who did raccoon rescues.

Your local veterinarian might have a contact list for rescue groups.

Back