squirrel BE GONE!!!

goHabsgo

Reaction score
I was looking for a way to get rid of those pesky squirrels in our backyard. They are nested in a tree and travel all day long back and forth, very annoying! Not to mention I don't want one to bite my daughter, they come just too close to us sometimes. Anyways, looking through some web pages, we came across this video, well, we don't intend to do that! LOL . Was thinking of making a trap and relocate them far somewhere, I'm able to cut the branch where they nest. I just don't know, we may just leave it as is :dunno:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3Ya6z-NlDo[/ame]​

SquirrelKill.jpg

Let GI Joes take care of that problem.

Careful, squirrels are on the endangered list. Red squirrels, and flying squirrels. If you harm a hair on them..... Yer toast.

We use a humane trap and catch them one at a time, them relocate them far away but we still have the same number of squirrels! This season we've trapped and removed five but there are still three left at all times. Two days ago we trapped a young possum but we let him go.

I've used all kinds of "squirrel proof" bird feeders, and none of them work. I've used the twirling one, pole shields, special seeds, weighted perches, etc. The best way to get them off the feeder is my air soft pistol. I'm very good at hitting them, and they jump off immediately but they come right back. They even do tag teams and take turns.

We try to remember to bring the feeder in at night or else they empty it out first thing in the morning. Grrrrr.....

I got no problem with Squirrels, they are generally afraid of human and won't bite. They will be bite if threatened by humans.

I got plenty of squirrels in my back yard and I leave them alone. BUT Im sick and tired of stupid ground hogs!

We usually have a bunch of them around here, but either the heat's been to much or the neighbor's cats are on the prowl again. MIL buys bags of peanuts from Costco 3 times a year for the squirrels. 6 bags each time and there are about 8 squirrels when they are here.

bite your daughter? never heard of squirrel biting a person

I got no problem with Squirrels, they are generally afraid of human and won't bite. They will be bite if threatened by humans.

I got plenty of squirrels in my back yard and I leave them alone. BUT Im sick and tired of stupid ground hogs!

:rofl:

I do not mind squirrels. they have been hanging out in our backyard, so are chipmunks, moles and ground hogs. :)

unless they got out of contro with outnumbered, then i ll call for help.

We use a humane trap and catch them one at a time, them relocate them far away but we still have the same number of squirrels! This season we've trapped and removed five but there are still three left at all times. Two days ago we trapped a young possum but we let him go.

I've used all kinds of "squirrel proof" bird feeders, and none of them work. I've used the twirling one, pole shields, special seeds, weighted perches, etc. The best way to get them off the feeder is my air soft pistol. I'm very good at hitting them, and they jump off immediately but they come right back. They even do tag teams and take turns.

We try to remember to bring the feeder in at night or else they empty it out first thing in the morning. Grrrrr.....

-That's what I'm concerned about, the fact that even if I relocate them there still going to be some squirrels back again, I have considered an air rifle but I think I'll give it a try at trap and relocate just the two that are living in the tree at the moment and cutting off that branch they nest in. We use to have a bird feeder but we removed it for some work outside eventually it will go back, I had the feeder perched from a branch with a long metal rod, squirrels couldn't get to it, they tried in vain a few times and gave up, was funny to watch especially at breakfast time.

-LOL Reba that made me laugh :)

groundhog.jpg

bite your daughter? never heard of squirrel biting a person

Yes several years ago a young cousin in the family got bitten by one, she was young and she shouldn't have done this but she was hand feeding the squirrel and it bit her in the hand she had to go to the hospital and have it checked.

Also a friend in another city got bitten by one but she provoked it by trying to scare it off and bit her all along her forearm, best thing is just to leave them alone but you never know, that is why the concern for my daughter she is very young, we tell her to stay away but kids don't listen sometimes .

squirrel

i used to hunt squirrel too. taste great, better than rabbit. fry them up and the dogs will go wild they smell so good.

Yes several years ago a young cousin in the family got bitten by one, she was young and she shouldn't have done this but she was hand feeding the squirrel and it bit her in the hand she had to go to the hospital and have it checked.

Also a friend in another city got bitten by one but she provoked it by trying to scare it off and bit her all along her forearm, best thing is just to leave them alone but you never know, that is why the concern for my daughter she is very young, we tell her to stay away but kids don't listen sometimes .

they'll always bite. my dad found one after it was just born somehow ended up on the ground instead of the nest. they took it in and bottle fed it and raised it and it was used to us but after awhile it started biting. still a wild animal i guess. squirrels are a pain too. back when i used to deer hunt i went out one morning and got up in the stand and one kept going from tree to tree around me barking at me. when i finally headed out of the woods i swear it was following me. i had enough of it that morning and since i had my shotgun loaded with buckshot i gave the squirrel its last meal. lead. boy did the fur fly too!

I do not mind squirrels. they have been hanging out in our backyard, so are chipmunks, moles and ground hogs. :)

unless they got out of contro with outnumbered, then i ll call for help.

We usually don't mind them either it's just they are really close to the house too often, we also have the nightly round visit from the racoons around 22h30-23h or so but they leave here empty pawed everytime since we keep scrap food (meat) in a container and in the freezer, no odors outside to attract them but they still come anyways in the hope of I guess or just because we are on their scheduled stops :lol: They never tip the garbage pail over either since there are no smells coming from it.

Back