Squirrel attacking residents of Vt. neighborhood

I've hunted squirrels before. and I ate them. and yes it tastes like chicken but stiffer.

MSN-Emoticon-sick-146.gif

I've hunted squirrels before. and I ate them. and yes it tastes like chicken but stiffer.
A couple years ago, my youngest grandson and a few of his friends shot a squirrel and grilled it over an open camp fire. They skewered the pieces on sticks. Each boy got a very small piece. He said it tasted like squirrel.

When he ate gator tail, he said it tasted like gator.

He must have discriminating taste buds.

:laugh2:

Which reminds me of the time I saw my sister's cat with a chipmunk on his face and I took it off his face and ran into the house to show everyone that I had a chipmunk in my hand. It bit my thumb and I think my dad crushed it to the death trying to pry it out of my hand cuz it ran out of the house and died shortly afterwards.
Aww, chipmunks are cute. We don't have them here. I wish we had chipmunks instead of so many squirrels.

I'm sorry that your chipmunk had a traumatic end to his life.

A couple years ago, my youngest grandson and a few of his friends shot a squirrel and grilled it over an open camp fire. They skewered the pieces on sticks. Each boy got a very small piece. He said it tasted like squirrel.

When he ate gator tail, he said it tasted like gator.

He must have discriminating taste buds.

:laugh2:

:lol:

Aww, chipmunks are cute. We don't have them here. I wish we had chipmunks instead of so many squirrels.

Me too. :(

I am sorry for Deafsceptic's childhood trauma, but since out cat died,, I wish there were some way I could ship my chipmunks to you. :wave:

I am sorry for Deafsceptic's childhood trauma, but since out cat died,, I wish there were some way I could ship my chipmunks to you. :wave:
That's sweet. :)

They probably wouldn't survive here, though. There must be some natural reason that we don't have chipmunks in this area.

When our Labs were alive, they kept the stray cats and the moles out of the yard. They took care of a few snakes, too. The squirrels, though, were relentless. They knew how to keep out of dog range. :lol:

When I had dogs (one lab one golden retriever) they killed a rabbit. They were the sweetest dogs I didn't understand how they could do that. :( Primal instinct, I guess.

(Of course, I didn't know until they came in barfing. I had to go outside to see what they ate and found the poor dead thing.)

I'm sure you men here must be laughing at me by now.

When I had dogs (one lab one golden retriever) they killed a rabbit. They were the sweetest dogs I didn't understand how they could do that. :( Primal instinct, I guess.

(Of course, I didn't know until they came in barfing. I had to go outside to see what they ate and found the poor dead thing.)

I'm sure you men here must be laughing at me by now.

Some women too! I did take a picture of my miniature poodle a couple of years ago, chasing a deer out of the yard, but it took so long to grab the camera, all I really got was a picture of the poodle at the fence.

The deer jumped over and ran away, or I am sure we would all have eaten well that night!:lol:

My aunt in law she have 2 Squirrels in her home those cute animal love her they are tamed and very cute. i see lot of them my back yard sorry no hunted allow that area thank goodness .... if eating them is bad which they carry disease ...Ew that suck.

Brunswick stew which is a classic southern dish often uses squirrel or/and rabbit or/and chicken in it recipes. I would imagine that people rarely use meat other than chicken though nowadays.

We don't have as many squirrels here as we used to but we still have plenty. They just go about their business. My dogs have chased and killed: squirrels, rabbits, birds, voles, chipmunks, possums and our now-elderly Lab has pulled coons off fence-top railings <we have chain-link around the whole yard>.
Had coyote here a few weeks ago. Few Summers ago had a deer who bedded down in the neighbor's yard for several hours - they have extensive foilage/landscaping. That homeowners neighbor <other side of our cul de sac; our two backyards meet up> came over to take pictures. A young buck...these people had two dogs at the time and after keeping their dogs in for several hours < and we did ours also> the guy came out and carefully chased the deer away, probably not the safest thing to do but in that case it worked out.

when my mom and I were South she tried frogs legs and I remember seeing gator on the menus

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

You know, I was surprised that red squirrels here dont hiberbate in the winter. They still go out in freezing cold and snow in search of food in this city. Not far from here, a huge squirrel feeder attracts many of them.

when my mom and I were South she tried frogs legs and I remember seeing gator on the menus
Hubby grew up in Michigan. When he was young, he would stay at his grandparents' lake cabin in the summer. Hubby and grandpa's beagle would catch frogs there for grandpa to eat the legs. :|

Hubby grew up in Michigan. When he was young, he would stay at his grandparents' lake cabin in the summer. Hubby and grandpa's beagle would catch frogs there for grandpa to eat the legs. :|

I hope they were fried first. :lol:

I'm told my grandmother used to serve my big brother and my big sister frog legs when they came over to visit.

Back