Spelling words the way they sound (Oral habits)

My grandparents passed away before I was born.

People outside of the medical field do not normally use abbreviations and shortcuts (unless they are employed in another field which utilizes them). There is a difference between the two. Texting is universal while shorthand used in the medical field is limited to that area of study.

People outside of the medical field do not normally use abbreviations and shortcuts (unless they are employed in another field which utilizes them). There is a difference between the two. Texting is universal while shorthand used in the medical field is limited to that area of study.

Shorthand was at one time considered essential for secretaries and useful for journalists but this was before the advent of recorders and dictation machines.

Shorthand was at one time considered essential for secretaries and useful for journalists but this was before the advent of recorders and dictation machines.

Exactly.

I used quite a bit of shorthand when I studied medical transcription, but again, this is strictly limited to this area of study. It isn't universal like texting.

Back