South Carolina House passes illegal immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
plus - this law is unnecessary. The most logical and cost-effective way to combat this is to improve its DMV system.

Simple - implement a new system, technology, or whatever to prevent a production of fake ID/DL and also to effectively verify the authenticity of one's information such as SSN and home address. Add some fancy hologram or whatever. Make it easier for police officer to check the authenticity.
SC did that last year:

SC Department of Motor Vehicles

Yeah, No doubt.

Who is the cop to judge what race a person is??? :ugh:

My daughter is caucasion... Some people thinks she is Mexican. :ugh: Because she tans good and has brown hair.

Totally unfair and racial profiling.
It has nothing to do with race or appearance.

No one gets a SC drivers license or ID card without proof of citizenship. If the person stopped has a valid SC drivers license or ID card, then that's all they need for proof. The police don't ask for "papers."
there you go again. that's why this bill is comical.

If the person that's stopped as a suspect in a crime, and they don't have an ID card, then the police can investigate further. They must have probable cause to stop someone in the first place.
that's fine with me. that procedure has been in place for a very long time and federal government allowed it.

Reba,

Thats what I thought... they did the same for Florida. I remember what a pain in the rear it was to get my DL renewed.

Each U.S. citizen renewing or applying for a new driver license or identification card in person after January 1, 2010 must submit:

Primary Identification

An Original or Certified of One of the Following Primary Identication Documents
Certified United States birth certificate, including territories and District of Columbia
Valid United States Passport or Passport Card
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Certificate of Naturalization, Form N-550 or Form N-570
Certificate of Citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561

Note: When necessary, marriage certificates, court orders, or divorce decrees must be provided to tie the name on the primary identification to the name the customer would like to place on the driver license or identification card

Florida Drivers License Identification Requirements

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )
Does the illegal african americans count?
Illegal African Americans? What are you talking about?

Oh, great. Everyone who even appears to be of Mexican decent will now be asked for papers.:roll: Nothing like opening the doors to discrimination wide.
The law doesn't say that.

there you go again. that's why this bill is comical.
Did you read the whole thing?

that's fine with me. that procedure has been in place for a very long time and federal government allowed it.
To be honest, the SC Legislature doesn't really care if it's fine with you. You don't have a vote here. :lol:

Good luck because illegal immigrants will flee to other states so won't work at all.

It is better for federal (ICE) to handle and more funds are needed.

If they flee to other states.....it worked

Reba, if you want improvement and more effective to combat the illegal immigrants then give more funds to ICE and that why I favor to end the subsidies for oil companies and funds will used for improvement the security to deal with illegal immigrants.

or other way - just turn funds into block grant to state to create the immigration officers and require to follow the federal regulation, when they catch the suspected one then handover to ICE to do investigate and federal court for final judge. It will happen if US Supreme Court decides to let state to deal with illegal immigrants.

No, they are still in US and it is epic fail.

It's not the goal of SC to end Illegal Immigration in the US.....just in SC. Therefore if they flee......success!

It's not the goal of SC to end Illegal Immigration in the US.....just in SC. Therefore if they flee......success!

No, it isn't and they are still in US so they used your taxes from federal.

Reba, if you want improvement and more effective to combat the illegal immigrants then give more funds to ICE and that why I favor to end the subsidies for oil companies and funds will used for improvement the security to deal with illegal immigrants.

or other way - just turn funds into block grant to state to create the immigration officers and require to follow the federal regulation, when they catch the suspected one then handover to ICE to do investigate and federal court for final judge. It will happen if US Supreme Court decides to let state to deal with illegal immigrants.

nah. I have something better. Take a massive chunk of fund from Drug War for this :)

Did you read the whole thing?
yes. It has more questions than answers. not good.

To be honest, the SC Legislature doesn't really care if it's fine with you. You don't have a vote here. :lol:
I do care if its legislature is violating people's Constitutional rights. I do care if it puts a burden on federal government.

yes. It has more questions than answers. not good.
Like what?

I do care if its legislature is violating people's Constitutional rights. I do care if it puts a burden on federal government.
What Constitutional rights are being violated?

How is it a burden for the Federal government?

Like what?
see below. and funding. and discrimination issue.

What Constitutional rights are being violated?
for starter - no one should be afraid of traveling around without being suspected of being an illegal alien.

How is it a burden for the Federal government?
and also a burden for state and local police.

"How long can you hold someone on the side of the road while you check their legality? What happens if you hold somebody for hours because you can't get a response from the federal government?"

and also flooding federal government with inquiries? not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back