South Carolina House passes illegal immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, dear, you are quite wrong in that you are attempting to apply events of 200 years ago, in isolation, to something that is occurring today. That is very definately wrong thinking. But, if you want to believe you are right to make yourself feel better, then have at it. The holes in your reasoning speak for themselves.
Your patronizing attitude doesn't make you right, and attempts at intimidation roll off my back. What a waste of bandwidth. :roll:

Yes, one first makes excuses and then attempts to find the support necessary to make those excuses appear to be fact. Kind of like using 200 year old legal decisions to support racist laws being proposed today.
Nope. One rationalizes because one can't justify one's actions. If one could justify one's actions, there would be no need for rationalization at all.

In no way, shape or form did I use previous Court decisions to support racism. I very clearly stated that those decisions by the Court were WRONG.

and we both know what their first thought is.
No, what is the first thought? The first thought should be, hmm, this ID card doesn't look legitimate. I better ask a few more questions, and check a little further.

Upon further questioning, the driver doesn't give a matching birth date or address. :hmm:

What's wrong with that?

that very concept is illegal.
What concept is illegal?

If the the ID card picture shows an elderly bald fat man, and the driver is young, skinny, and has lots of hair, shouldn't the cop question that? Otherwise, what's the point in having picture ID's?

Your patronizing attitude doesn't make you right, and attempts at intimidation roll off my back. What a waste of bandwidth. :roll:

Nope. One rationalizes because one can't justify one's actions. If one could justify one's actions, there would be no need for rationalization at all.

In no way, shape or form did I use previous Court decisions to support racism. I very clearly stated that those decisions by the Court were WRONG.

No, it doesn't. My approach to history makes me right.

Rationalize, justify, do whatever you like. You still cannot apply history in isolation.

And that is again, an assumption you are making that is not correct. They were not wrong when taken in context. You cannot apply those standards to today, nor can you apply today's standards to those decisions.

No, it doesn't. My approach to history makes me right.

Rationalize, justify, do whatever you like. You still cannot apply history in isolation.

And that is again, an assumption you are making that is not correct. They were not wrong when taken in context. You cannot apply those standards to today, nor can you apply today's standards to those decisions.
So, no matter what, you're going to continue to claim that the Court is infallible. Well, you believe whatever you want. :lol:

Your intent is clear. But I see that you have a bit of difficulty in being openly honest about what you are trying to say. But that's okay. Most who hold your attitudes do have a problem with that degree of honesty. Kind of screws it up when they say, "Hey, I'm not racist. I have (insert ethnicity) friends!" Which only goes back to why I feel so sorry for you.:cool2:

What could be more racist than "affirmative action" ?

So, no matter what, you're going to continue to claim that the Court is infallible. Well, you believe whatever you want. :lol:

I never claimed that the court is infallible. That is simply your dichotomous thinking getting in the way of seeing what is actually being said.

What could be more racist than "affirmative action" ?

Like I said, your intent is clear.:cool2: But, if you would care to elaborate, be my guest.

To help you along, Affirmative Action is not racist.

Like I said, your intent is clear.:cool2: But, if you would care to elaborate, be my guest.

To help you along, Affirmative Action is not racist.

Providing an advantage to one group over another based on race isn't racist? Interesting

I never claimed that the court is infallible. That is simply your dichotomous thinking getting in the way of seeing what is actually being said.
You posted, "Not if they can't get it past the Federal Courts. And racist discriminatory laws will never get past. The Federal Courts operate on legal prinicples...not racist rhetoric and overly emotional responses from highly bigoted people."

My examples proved that the Court did allow racist discriminatory laws to pass.

You claimed "never," and I showed that they did. That's all.

Presumably, the courts of the past were operating on the same legal principles back then, and yet, they made racist decisions. It happens. The courts make mistakes. It happened before, and it can happen again.

You posted, "Not if they can't get it past the Federal Courts. And racist discriminatory laws will never get past. The Federal Courts operate on legal prinicples...not racist rhetoric and overly emotional responses from highly bigoted people."

My examples proved that the Court did allow racist discriminatory laws to pass.

You claimed "never," and I showed that they did. That's all.

Presumably, the courts of the past were operating on the same legal principles back then, and yet, they made racist decisions. It happens. The courts make mistakes. It happened before, and it can happen again.

That is right. Today. Not 200 years ago.:cool2: Again, you are attempting to take historical occurrance out of context in order to justify a racist and discriminatory law today. Just can't be done, no matter how hard you try, or how black and white you try to make things.

No they were not operating on the same legal principles. Laws have changed in 200 years, and interpretation, as our knowledge base has increased, has also changed. It is just that some refuse to move forward in their thinking.

Then what was it?

You are the one that claims that Affirmative Action was racist. It is up to you to explain exactly how it is racist. So far, you have been completely unable to do so, which means that you are, once again, throwing out statements that are racist in nature that you cannot explain with fact.

You are the one that claims that Affirmative Action was racist. It is up to you to explain exactly how it is racist. So far, you have been completely unable to do so, which means that you are, once again, throwing out statements that are racist in nature that you cannot explain with fact.

And I did......and you said incorrect......so.....

And I did......and you said incorrect......so.....

Are you saying that certain ethnic and racial groups, not to mention gender, have not historically been discriminated against, particularly in the education and employment arenas?

Are you saying that certain ethnic and racial groups, not to mention gender, have not historically been discriminated against, particularly in the education and employment arenas?

Are you saying fight racism with racism then? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back