Sound and Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fj, you did say "I didn't think she would take the bait."

So, why the baiting in the first place?

Leave the phycholigical assessments for us, deafies. We are the ones who have all anti-CI issues so we need our heads examined. Pls save the diagnosis for us who really need it.

;)

In all honesty, I hoped that she would see how ridiculous it is to say those things. I hope that next time she will at least pause before she writes things like that. I think it is absurd for her to say the things she does, make snap judgements about other people's mental states and so on.

I'd be glad to be associated with FJ, just as I would with you. That doesn't mean I agree with everything either of you say -- or the way you say it. And I know I've said things or approached them in ways that would make you crazy, too, I'm no angel either.

The crazy alignment of camps on this forum is really such a pain in the butt, when in fact we all have so much more in common than in opposition.

Thats fine. Its just that I currently have a very very low opinion of her, and if someone constantly jumps in to defend her - opinions can be spread that way.

In all honesty, I hoped that she would see how ridiculous it is to say those things. I hope that next time she will at least pause before she writes things like that. I think it is absurd for her to say the things she does, make snap judgements about other people's mental states and so on.

Judgments (again)

BTW.. you have been here for almost three years, so has she. I doubt it was a snap judgment.

Judgments (again)

BTW.. you have been here for almost three years, so has she. I doubt it was a snap judgment.

Again, I don't give a rat's ass what she thinks of me. It is her CONSTANT "assessments" of my child, Grendel's child, ALL oral deaf children and even the oral deaf people here that I despise.

...if someone constantly jumps in to defend her - opinions can be spread that way.

She's not the enemy -- just doesn't make sense for the deaf community to 'eat its own' when there are far greater evils out there facing the deaf in general and our deaf children in particular. There's a strength in diversity.

Thats fine. Its just that I currently have a very very low opinion of her, and if someone constantly jumps in to defend her - opinions can be spread that way.

:shock: I wonder why people think she needs a defender??? :roll:

She's not the enemy -- just doesn't make sense for the deaf community to 'eat its own' when there are far greater evils out there facing the deaf in general and our deaf children in particular. There's a strength in diversity.

Luckily, this place is NOT like the Deaf community I have experienced in real life. I have found it inviting, diverse and supportive. Around here close-mindedness rules and if you do not fall into line, you must be the enemy.

Mod note:

Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back