Sound and Fury: update

Liebling,

On my forum, I told you that it was not Grandma that influenced Heather to get one. The reason that Heather brought up is because her COUSIN, Peter (III) has one. so she talked to grandma about it. I know you saw the movie many time but keep in mind on the timeline. It was Mari that brought up the CI issue to the family because she found out that one of her twins son is deaf. so her husband, Chris is brother of Peter and brother in law of Nita and Uncle to Heather. Heather and Nita found out about it from them.

Cheri said:
:shock: Liebling,

The grandma is the one who shovel CI down her grand-daughter's throat? :shock:

That's something I would not even watch, I don't like when people are pushing when it comes to Cochlear Implants. But, I sure like this person Nita thou. ;)
nope.. in the beginning of the documentary it was about Peter (III) getting CI he's the twin son of Mari and Chris. Chris is brother of Peter, Nita's husband. so when Mari bring up CI so everybody know about it. Heather was curious and talked about it and asked her grandma about it. like "will I hear this and that" I didn't see her telling "you should get one" you need to borrow the movie from library or rent the dvd from netflix/blockbuster and see it for yourself. I do have copy.

I know the introduction showed Heather at the beach then her grandma talking about sound. but the point is how did they talk about it?

And Yeah, the whole documentary is about Heather. but also Peter III as well.

Boult said:
Liebling,

On my forum, I told you that it was not Grandma that influenced Heather to get one. The reason that Heather brought up is because her COUSIN, Peter (III) has one. so she talked to grandma about it. I know you saw the movie many time but keep in mind on the timeline. It was Mari that brought up the CI issue to the family because she found out that one of her twins son is deaf. so her husband, Chris is brother of Peter and brother in law of Nita and Uncle to Heather. Heather and Nita found out about it from them.

Yeah I was a bit confused on where it say the grandma influenced Heather to get a CI when I read R2D2 's link that she provide, I thought at first maybe it was being left out, but thanks for clearing this up....

I saw part of the movie. It's not something I would be facinated in, but I heard it's a good movie.

^Angel^ said:
Yeah I was a bit confused on where it say the grandma influenced Heather to get a CI when I read R2D2 's link that she provide, I thought at first maybe it was being left out, but thanks for clearing this up....

If you beleive Boult then is your decision.

Liebling:-))) said:
If you beleive Boult then is your decision.

I haven't seen the movie yet, can I please at least watch it first before I say anything more to this? ..

Boult said:
Liebling,

I already said in my last post that
Deaf parent Nita and Peter and their deaf daughter Heather: Peter's hearing brother Chris and his wife (she's interpreter and her parents are deaf) and baby twins (one of twins are deaf) who had CI...

I know you told me in your forum but I disagree with you.

Yes I can see myself from video that it´s Grandma who influenced Heather...

All what I saw the video: Nita and Peter have 2 hearing children and one deaf child (Heather). Peter´s brother Chris and his wife Mari have twin. One of twins are deaf. They decided to implant him with CI when he was baby... It´s their decison. Grandma tried to pressure Nita and Peter´s decision to have Heather CI. Grandma tried to convince them about Chris & Mari´s decision. It makes Peter mad because Grandma compared her sons Chris and Peter...

Hot debate between deaf parents Nita & Peter and Peter´s hearing brother Chris and his wife Mari...

I often saw the video and know what I´m saying.

Boult said:
nope.. in the beginning of the documentary it was about Peter (III) getting CI he's the twin son of Mari and Chris. Chris is brother of Peter, Nita's husband. so when Mari bring up CI so everybody know about it. Heather was curious and talked about it and asked her grandma about it. like "will I hear this and that" I didn't see her telling "you should get one" you need to borrow the movie from library or rent the dvd from netflix/blockbuster and see it for yourself. I do have copy.

I know the introduction showed Heather at the beach then her grandma talking about sound. but the point is how did they talk about it?

And Yeah, the whole documentary is about Heather. but also Peter III as well.

Nope, I saw start is Grandma keep on talk to Heather about CI... I didn´t see Mari or Chris who tried to pressure their niece Heather but Grandma. They are neutral and do not involve with Nita & Peter´s decision but discuss with agree to disagree... It´s Grandma who involved, not Chris or Mari.

Whoa! Someone is not being truthful, I guess I'll go rented the movie and watch it myself and see who's wasn't telling the actual truth. :whistle:

That film has been shown on IFC TV channels several times this year... If you aren't in hurry, maybe you could get the chance to watch the film on IFC TV? It is an OK film.

Boult said:
Liebling,

No, Heather was in the movie in 2000 as 6 yr sold then in Sept 2002 Heather and her brother got a CI. So that would means she was 8yrs when she got it. just that right now she's 11 or 12 now.

I only know Heather is only deaf in the family... I didn´t know that Heather has deaf brother? I only know that they have 2 hearing children and deaf child (Heather)... :dunno: I will watch again (my video recorder is not working). I know the movie start when Heather was 5 years old that time.

Yes you could be right that Heather get CI around 8 years old. Now she is 11 to 12 years old.

The article shows that Nita got CI in March 2002 so I guess it is typo in the year so I believe it is actually March 2003 because Heather and Timothy got them before her mother did. then finally C.J. got one at 6 yrs old in 2004.

So what would Part II be about? The article by Hands and Voice does not mention anything. on my forum, I only mention that I hope they will do another documentary to update us. but looks like it hasn't been done and probably too late to document their journey thru their getting CI since ABC's Good Morning America already did that back in 2003.

Nita fulfilling Heather´s wish for have CI.. You could be right that it could be 8 years old, not 11 or 12 years old. One year later after Heather had CI then Nita had CI.

The rumor spread out that there´ll be update film (part II) about them but I don´t know if the rumor is true or not. If the rumor about update film is true then I would love to watch it.

Liebling:))) - the grandmother didn't force her granddaughter on CI... She was only trying to explain what it could do for her...

Cheri said:
Whoa! Someone is not being truthful, I guess I'll go rented the movie and watch it myself and see who's wasn't telling the actual truth. :whistle:

Go and rent then.....

Brian said:
Liebling:))) - the grandmother didn't force her granddaughter on CI... She was only trying to explain what it could do for her...

To me, YES!

Grandma should respect Nita and Peter´s decision instead of involved and already accussed Nita and Peter as bad parents... It blow Peter´s head in BBQ party.

i saw the movie the other night.. Wow.. two different worlds want the best for heather and Peter.. so sad that all dont agree on it.. :(

Liebling:-))) said:
I only know Heather is only deaf in the family... I didn´t know that Heather has deaf brother? I only know that they have 2 hearing children and deaf child (Heather)... I will watch again (my video recorder is not working). I know the movie start when Heather was 5 years old that time.

Yes you could be right that Heather get CI around 8 years old. Now she is 11 to 12 years old.
read the article in the first post of the thread for link to the article that R2D2 provided. it said Heather, Timmy, C.J. and their mother, Nita now have CI. Peter still refused. So Heather has 2 DEAF brothers.

How about Shelby?

I want to read an update about Shelby (the girl from the hearing family). Does her parents allow her to sign? If she decides to learn ASL as her second language, would her parents allow to study ASL in middle/high school? How is she doing academically? Have Heather and Shelby met since Heather was implanted?

SJCSue said:
I want to read an update about Shelby (the girl from the hearing family). Does her parents allow her to sign? If she decides to learn ASL as her second language, would her parents allow to study ASL in middle/high school? How is she doing academically? Have Heather and Shelby met since Heather was implanted?
In the documentary, her parent didn't feel the need to teach her signs but did say if she grow up and meet other deaf and can learn signs if want to.

That's good question... haven't heard anything about both meeting again.

Boult said:
read the article in the first post of the thread for link to the article that R2D2 provided. it said Heather, Timmy, C.J. and their mother, Nita now have CI. Peter still refused. So Heather has 2 DEAF brothers.

Yes I am total surprised after read the article that Nita & Peter have 3 deaf children. It´s interesting to read...

I am familiar with ASL since I repeat to watch the video many times. I thought they have 2 hearing children and 1 deaf child (Heather) because they filmed only Heather, Peter & Nita, not 2 children... Why only Heather, not 2 deaf children?

I will watch again when my video recorder is fix.

Oh yes I remember that Chris and Mari already had eldest daughter and then twin that´s time. They have other twin... wow...

Back