Sorenson VRS router issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belkin 54G Wireless Router

Hey guy,

It seem APPLE MAC is having problem with routers. I do not think IT have ANYTHING to do with MAC (I'm a PC user tho). It have to do with router compatibilty for VPx00. I found listing of compatible and incompatible routers for VPx00. I google searched "router compatibilty vp100". This is how I found them..

My friend bought wireless Linksys router (like NetGear wireless router previously) and it didn't work with his vp100. I told him that he should have bought one that is compatible. So he decide to connect VP100 back to D-Link (Sorenson re-named router) and it works fine. he still can use wireless by "daisy chain" his Wireless router to Dlink router. Works fine tho.

I got Belkin 54G Wireless router free from my friend who thanked me for fixing his car. It's a cheap branded wireless router tho. It worked nicely on my VP100. VP Tech guy drooled over my Belkin router cuz he said it's the best one can transmit wireless 1,800 feet (only if it placed outside LOL). He configured DMZ and set VP100 same thing and it works nice. I had Everest Cable network till recently switched to Time Warner Road Runner. After I switched over cable network, my VP100 stopped working and I got puzzled why! I thought my router got screwed. I reset it to factory level and fix the setting in DMZ correctly. VP100 didn't work. It show normal screen but doesn't receive Directory ect. So what I did is to reset VP100 to factory level (Click Setting--Update--Reset). After it reboot, I click to Setting--Network and decide to play with IP Address (not Public IP) by check mark "auto detect IP address". After it rebooted, I check it's directory. Finally it received directory. I went back to IP Address and unchecked it and see what it got from my router. It turn out DMZ was different from my router so I decided to copy IP Address 192.168.2.4 to Router's DMZ. then I change DNS address similiar to Gateway address. Look what I did

IP Address: 192.168.2.4
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

DNS: 192.168.2.1

Public IP Address: Automatic detect checked mark.

It works!! I was able to receive calls, Directory ect in normal use.

BUT I changed back the IP address: 192.168.2.125 and then Router DMZ same thing. It still works like before.

Now that I realized that it's VP100 problem itself, not the Router.

You have to remember that Every Router brands have different DMZ address. DLink use 192.168.0.1 contrast to Belkin 192.168.2.1. So you have to just experiment with Setting--IP Address (NOT PUBLIC IP)--check mark Auto Detect IP address. Then follow what I did. It should work.

So I suspect you had vpx00 set wrong or screwed. Factory Reset VPx00 and do over. So it's nothing WRONG with your MAC!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!! --->>> Be sure that your VP phone number must be the same the way you first got it. If you moved to different place with new HOME phone number or changed your HOME phone number. VPx00 ph number REMAINS the same... They do not FOLLOW your new phone number. IF you want to change VP ph number. Contact VP tech and request change vp number. Be aware that they may warn you that you might lose Directory so please copy Directory before you lose them.

Good Luck!
Catty

Thanks for the help, but I already have done all this WAY ahead of you. The Compusa brand router does NOT support the VP. The reason why I'm switching routers is because the D-link routers don't work good with Mac computers because of the old protocol (programming) in the D-link routers which makes internet run slow.

Hey guy,

It seem APPLE MAC is having problem with routers. I do not think IT have ANYTHING to do with MAC (I'm a PC user tho). It have to do with router compatibilty for VPx00. I found listing of compatible and incompatible routers for VPx00. I google searched "router compatibilty vp100". This is how I found them..

My friend bought wireless Linksys router (like NetGear wireless router previously) and it didn't work with his vp100. I told him that he should have bought one that is compatible. So he decide to connect VP100 back to D-Link (Sorenson re-named router) and it works fine. he still can use wireless by "daisy chain" his Wireless router to Dlink router. Works fine tho.

I got Belkin 54G Wireless router free from my friend who thanked me for fixing his car. It's a cheap branded wireless router tho. It worked nicely on my VP100. VP Tech guy drooled over my Belkin router cuz he said it's the best one can transmit wireless 1,800 feet (only if it placed outside LOL). He configured DMZ and set VP100 same thing and it works nice. I had Everest Cable network till recently switched to Time Warner Road Runner. After I switched over cable network, my VP100 stopped working and I got puzzled why! I thought my router got screwed. I reset it to factory level and fix the setting in DMZ correctly. VP100 didn't work. It show normal screen but doesn't receive Directory ect. So what I did is to reset VP100 to factory level (Click Setting--Update--Reset). After it reboot, I click to Setting--Network and decide to play with IP Address (not Public IP) by check mark "auto detect IP address". After it rebooted, I check it's directory. Finally it received directory. I went back to IP Address and unchecked it and see what it got from my router. It turn out DMZ was different from my router so I decided to copy IP Address 192.168.2.4 to Router's DMZ. then I change DNS address similiar to Gateway address. Look what I did

IP Address: 192.168.2.4
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1

DNS: 192.168.2.1

Public IP Address: Automatic detect checked mark.

It works!! I was able to receive calls, Directory ect in normal use.

BUT I changed back the IP address: 192.168.2.125 and then Router DMZ same thing. It still works like before.

Now that I realized that it's VP100 problem itself, not the Router.

You have to remember that Every Router brands have different DMZ address. DLink use 192.168.0.1 contrast to Belkin 192.168.2.1. So you have to just experiment with Setting--IP Address (NOT PUBLIC IP)--check mark Auto Detect IP address. Then follow what I did. It should work.

So I suspect you had vpx00 set wrong or screwed. Factory Reset VPx00 and do over. So it's nothing WRONG with your MAC!!

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!! --->>> Be sure that your VP phone number must be the same the way you first got it. If you moved to different place with new HOME phone number or changed your HOME phone number. VPx00 ph number REMAINS the same... They do not FOLLOW your new phone number. IF you want to change VP ph number. Contact VP tech and request change vp number. Be aware that they may warn you that you might lose Directory so please copy Directory before you lose them.

Good Luck!
Catty

No Problem Sequorias!

It'll be good info for other bloggers who are out searching for router or VPx00 solution.
Thanks!
Catty

It would be fun to experiment different routers on the market to see their support with Sorenson VP, but I don't have the money to spend on it or time to do that.

That's Sorenson's job, and I wish they would do it. If not, at least make their rebranded routers better.

It's not always Sorenson's job. It's not a Union stuff that they file grievance on tho. (like they did on me at my work for working on craft's job while I supervise. Union stuck on me several time and I brushes my shoulder. sorry maam') Once Sorenson tech leaves your house. Your Router or VPx00 get screwed. Either you or ur computer nerd friends fix it or wait few weeks for Sorenson tech to come to fix even it's few min thing (Sorenson Tech have zillion task to catch up). Sorenson leave it up to anyone to screw the router or VPx00.

I did NOT have Sorenson's Renamed router since I have Belkin 54G wireless router which is 100% VP100 compatible. Even VP tech drooled over my 2 antennae router (excuse me, wipe ur drool off my router). Cuz he said my router can do 1,800 feet wireless range. Aw sheesh. He even offer to give me to keep Dlink Router. I declined.

Currently, you are allowed to switch VRS of your choice like Hamilton VRS or HOVRS VRS on Sorenson VPx00. FCC have taken down barrier to allow freedom of choice. Sorenson just simply swallow it's pride tho. So It's yours to screw it's dial setting to use competitor's VRS number. Sorry Sorenson..

click this link: https://secure.hovrs.com/addvp/addvp.aspx
to watch funny video on how to switch VRS from Sorenson to HOVRS on Sorenson VP100 LOL.

Good luck!
Catty

hold on, it have NOTHING with Mac conflict with VP.

All you need is right router and make sure ip address match under DMZ to allow full function on VP.

and make sure your ISP is demon speed.

Wow, thats horrible. Did you say your PC was a MAC?

cdaigle, no mac is not pc it is apple

seq, i am mac user but i have wifi laptop serpate from anything and the speed is fine and i just got vp few weeks ago and it work just fine
i am sure my brother will get it to work connect to apple as he is a apple employee

but i am very sure something else is the problem not just the mac itself cuz i don't have problem myself
i hope you find the problem smile

:lol: I'm on the network hub right now. If I need to use VP, I just plug the cable modem cat 5 cable to the SR-200 router and fire away the VP. That's the solution I have for now.

The internet is wayy fast enough. :P

Since many of you tried your best for the solution to the problem. There is no solution to the issue I'm having, so I have decided to have the moderator to lock up the thread.

Thanks,
Sequoias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back