sorenson vp installer visit

Hello to all,

Just want to share with you all. The reasons Sorenson Trainers visit often or Trainers had to come back to same customers often, number one, as stated above that sometime VRS interpreter see one customer have poor quality video, interpreter will report to Sorenson saying that this customer is having a problem with either ISP (Internet Service Provider) or not set up properly. So the Sorenson created a ticket to have the trainer to visit to that cusotmer to see why the video is getting a poor quality. Now, after the Trainer visited and fix the problem and they are assuming all is fixed. If the problem continue, Trainer will come back and get it right, some time Traner won't get paid for doing this until it been corrected.
Now, let me explain this to you all. All of you, the AD'ers who have lot of technical knowlege may not be aware of this. Let me give you a story. Once customer who is inept with computer technicho modem thingy ISP thingy and all those craps, and the VP quality is poor but managable to comunicate. This customer think that her computer is fine, re: downloading file, sending e-mails and such but she or he is not aware of the speed issue. When the Trainer visited and found out that her ISP speed are sooooo poor, her upload speed are like 125 kbps and her download speed are like 870 kbps where she spend $60 for 10 "M"bps download and upload at around 2 "M"bps and she or he been doing that for 2 years. He or she didn't know about that and got really upset about how much she spend money for going under the speed of 1 Mbps. So she or he contacted his/her own ISP to get it fixed. After that, the customer is very happy and a big wow!! about downloading the file and sending e-mails and such. This customer is very graitful for the Trainer to find the issues.
Now, how many people out there who are inept about computer techno thingy? Many!!!
Now that is not the only reason, but this is second part. My ex wife who is interpeter for Sorenson VRS and how she told me a story about how difficult for interpreters to work for it. When Interpreter tried to read deaf customer with a poor quality video (now remember this is upload video toward the interpreter and upload speed always slower then download speed, right?) and interpreters are having difficulty time reading it and deaf customer "assumed" that he or she got the worse interpreter ever experienced!!! Whoa! Whoa! Wait a minute.. THIS deaf Customer is not aware of poor upload speed and on the interpreter video is giving a shoddy images!! This deaf customers can't see what going on, on the other side of the screen. SO deaf customer blaming on lousy interpreter?????? No... So, interpreter reported to tech dept with a problem he or she having. Tech Dept find that this customer is having a problem. So Sorenson submit a ticket to send a Trainer to this location. Now, talking about interpreter experience, Sorenson do not want to have interpreters frustration, difficulty, headache and such. Sorenson want to have interpreters to work in "happy" environment, to enjoy their work and such. Remember, do you all want to have interpreter a good quality???? Then Interpreter need that!!! Poor video image to the interpreter, try imagine to yourself being an interpreter... I'm sure you need to take lot of Tylenols.
So, the whole point above.. Sorenson is committing the quality of the job for both world.. the deaf and the interpreters.
So, the trainer have to come back and get the job right, not just for you as being a customer But also for the interpreters!!!!! Spying? Cough!
So.. hope this helped.

Here's a great example.. How do you feel about watching TV with fuzzy images? Losing CC, disaapearing CC? and such? This is what interpreter see on their end... pretty frustrating.

Hello to all,

Just want to share with you all. The reasons Sorenson Trainers visit often or Trainers had to come back to same customers often, number one, as stated above that sometime VRS interpreter see one customer have poor quality video, interpreter will report to Sorenson saying that this customer is having a problem with either ISP (Internet Service Provider) or not set up properly. So the Sorenson created a ticket to have the trainer to visit to that cusotmer to see why the video is getting a poor quality. Now, after the Trainer visited and fix the problem and they are assuming all is fixed. If the problem continue, Trainer will come back and get it right, some time Traner won't get paid for doing this until it been corrected.
Now, let me explain this to you all. All of you, the AD'ers who have lot of technical knowlege may not be aware of this. Let me give you a story. Once customer who is inept with computer technicho modem thingy ISP thingy and all those craps, and the VP quality is poor but managable to comunicate. This customer think that her computer is fine, re: downloading file, sending e-mails and such but she or he is not aware of the speed issue. When the Trainer visited and found out that her ISP speed are sooooo poor, her upload speed are like 125 kbps and her download speed are like 870 kbps where she spend $60 for 10 "M"bps download and upload at around 2 "M"bps and she or he been doing that for 2 years. He or she didn't know about that and got really upset about how much she spend money for going under the speed of 1 Mbps. So she or he contacted his/her own ISP to get it fixed. After that, the customer is very happy and a big wow!! about downloading the file and sending e-mails and such. This customer is very graitful for the Trainer to find the issues.
Now, how many people out there who are inept about computer techno thingy? Many!!!
Now that is not the only reason, but this is second part. My ex wife who is interpeter for Sorenson VRS and how she told me a story about how difficult for interpreters to work for it. When Interpreter tried to read deaf customer with a poor quality video (now remember this is upload video toward the interpreter and upload speed always slower then download speed, right?) and interpreters are having difficulty time reading it and deaf customer "assumed" that he or she got the worse interpreter ever experienced!!! Whoa! Whoa! Wait a minute.. THIS deaf Customer is not aware of poor upload speed and on the interpreter video is giving a shoddy images!! This deaf customers can't see what going on, on the other side of the screen. SO deaf customer blaming on lousy interpreter?????? No... So, interpreter reported to tech dept with a problem he or she having. Tech Dept find that this customer is having a problem. So Sorenson submit a ticket to send a Trainer to this location. Now, talking about interpreter experience, Sorenson do not want to have interpreters frustration, difficulty, headache and such. Sorenson want to have interpreters to work in "happy" environment, to enjoy their work and such. Remember, do you all want to have interpreter a good quality???? Then Interpreter need that!!! Poor video image to the interpreter, try imagine to yourself being an interpreter... I'm sure you need to take lot of Tylenols.
So, the whole point above.. Sorenson is committing the quality of the job for both world.. the deaf and the interpreters.
So, the trainer have to come back and get the job right, not just for you as being a customer But also for the interpreters!!!!! Spying? Cough!
So.. hope this helped.

Thank you so much for the clarifications :ty:

Hello to all,

So.. hope this helped.

well said

Sorenson is committing the quality of the job for both world.. the deaf and the interpreters.
So.. hope this helped.

very goooooooood post

Soresnon is commit the quality

I m unhappy what qwerty said "Stupid".

MOD. Please remove out qwerty123's post about it. Thanks.

Sneakernet, thank for the clarification. Also, I find qwerty very insulting at Chevy, for calling him stupid. He got no reason to say that and it very uncalled for that insult. Qwerty, you do not know Chevy well enough and stop bashing him just because he works for Purple. I know him and I consider him a very nice guy. If you do not have anything good to say, then you should keep the hands to yourself and say nothing. Geesh what is wrong with you leave him alone

geuss what? thanks very much to sorenson company for forcing the installer to come to my house without an appt or any contact to let me know and i aready had company at my home and they came knocking yesterday evening boy what stupid sorenson company not respecting customer's wishes i told the installer nothing wrong with vp he goes says its just training thats all hmmmmm.....told them to comeback other time and they left

geuss what? thanks very much to sorenson company for forcing the installer to come to my house without an appt or any contact to let me know and i aready had company at my home and they came knocking yesterday evening boy what stupid sorenson company not respecting customer's wishes i told the installer nothing wrong with vp he goes says its just training thats all hmmmmm.....told them to comeback other time and they left

If you are not happy with a sorenson trainer, then you can object to Sorenson. Trainer should have contacted you via VP or email before s/he shows up (if you have not responded back to VP or email) to leave a door tag.

Sneakernet, thank for the clarification. Also, I find qwerty very insulting at Chevy, for calling him stupid. He got no reason to say that and it very uncalled for that insult.

ohhh touched nerve here

first chevy57 insulted soresnon trainer stupid

Chevy57 said:
Sorenson installer is stupid!

Yup, Chevy works for Purple, right? It is not professional to speak ill of, or undermine wrongfully your competitor. And it seems to me Purple has it's own skeletons in the closet.

I assumed that he had tried to contact you via email but you didn't reply.. Either you ignored it or your email went directly to spam inbox. Perhaps this trainer happened to be in the same town where you live, he decided to save his time by stopping by to see if you're home.. It is perfectly okay to tell trainer to reschedule if the time isn't good for you. Just simple. Hey, he is just doing his job to make a living just like everyone else.

Back