Sorenson VP-200 Use Without Account

Nooooooo, my router is not a gateway. The dumb seller is 100% wrong to put the word, "Cable modem". Cable? WTF? It's a fiber optic, not cable. It's very misleading! You are also 100% wrong. My router DOESN'T have a built-in modem. It's only a wireless router for Verizon FiOS. Please read the link from the manufacturer's website below carefully and tell me where a "gateway" or "built-in modem" is mentioned. EXPLAIN to me why Fiber experts say that there's no modem in the system.
DON'T play around with me!
0tjzXvt.gif

Verizon FiOS Router - MI424WR for Verizon FiOS

DHB even said so.

The point is that it's what Fiber experts say, not me (that's why I left MANY links and their quotes). Google is my best friend and you/DHB are not. Stop playing dumb shit with me like you argue with me while I just tell you what Fiber experts say. That's all.

If you don't agree with Fiber technicians, I don't fu*king care anymore. Enough is enough.

If you work for Verizon FiOS, you will be fired for calling ONT a modem as well as calling a wireless router a gateway because that's misleading. Since you and DHB are not Fiber experts, I suggest that you listen to what Fiber experts or technicians say because dial-up/DSL/cable which require a modem are different from fiber optic which doesn't require a modem due to its 100% digital (zeros and ones). If you don't believe them, that's not my fu*king problem. I bet you wouldn't dare to reply to the experts' comments in those links to tell them they are wrong.

You make a mountain out of a molehill by overreaction about words. FiOS and U-Verse are new network technology and many customers continue to call as modem - see 2 links above. It was part of networking course that I took as well. It was just like you debate about difference between closed captioning and subtitles. How I would play game with you? I'm not excited or pleased to correct your stupidity. If customers say it is router or modem, so just leave it. I repaired customer's computer issues, networking issues, university equipments and any issues that related to IT.

For DSL and cable - they use modem or gateway. DSL come from DSLAM that usually located at front of road or near subdivision. The cable come from central office.

For Verizon FiOS and Windstream fiber optic - they use ONT (wired and networking device), especially in garage, back room, basement, storage room, etc.

At&t U-Verse use ONT or NID.

Also, at&t U-Verse (fiber optic) uses modem too.
what modem for att u-verse? - AT&T U-verse | DSLReports Forums

Same goes with Verizon, they still call modem + router (known as Gateway). Some people called as just router.

CrazyPaul, there is enough to argue about words - that's not important.
Who are they? Are you making it up?

Anyway did you read the link from the manufacturer's website regarding the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router? If so, did the company mention a modem or gateway at all? Please answer that question. Don't avoid it. You can't say it's a gateway when it's not. Same with DHB, he said ONT is a modem when it's not. That's misleading. Accept the fact that FiOS doesn't use a modem and shut up. Can you do that?

Who are they? Are you making it up?

Anyway did you read the link from the manufacturer's website regarding the MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router? If so, did the company mention a modem or gateway at all? Please answer that question. Don't avoid it. You can't say it's a gateway when it's not. Same with DHB, he said ONT is a modem when it's not. That's misleading. Accept the fact that FiOS doesn't use a modem and shut up. Can you do that?

http://www.actiontec.com/products/datasheets/MI424WR Verizon FiOS Router Datasheet.pdf

says "Gateway" in that link.

It shows "Smart Home Gateway" (three words). Do you know what it is? It doesn't mean a combined device (modem + router) which is called a gateway (one word).

Read it carefully.

The First “Smart Home Gateway”

Able to support multiple value-added,bandwidth-intensive applications, this router has become more than just a simple router. It can handle multiple
high-throughput media streams simultaneously, including standard and HDTV-based video programming and feed personal video recording functionality from multiple HD set top boxes or other digital storage devices to multiple TVs in the house. It can also administrate most Internet activities including parental controls, online gaming, music, live sports, children’s entertainments and on demand movies.
Actiontec and Verizon Team Up for a Smarter Home

Verizon's new smart home service lets customers remotely check on their homes, control locks and appliances, view home-energy use and more ... all via a smartphone, PC, or FiOS TV.
For example, I went to work and realized that I forgot to schedule TV recording for that night so I used a smartphone to log in verizon.com to schedule it. Bam! My DVR recorded it on time. That's what a Smart Home Gateway is.

There are many systems that have a Smart Home Gateway. One example; ADT Home Security System If you forgot to close the garage door when you drove out, you can use a smartphone or whatever to have it closed automatically. That's what a Smart Home Gateway is.

Smart Home Gateway means a combined device (modem + router)? :nono: In other words, your are so fu*ked. :lol:

CP, try google up "Fiber optics modem" You will see for yourself.

Verizon often install one outside of residence, the one they put inside is router, very rare they would install inside homes. This is the reason why you are confused.

CP, try google up "Fiber optics modem" You will see for yourself.

Verizon often install one outside of residence, the one they put inside is router, very rare they would install inside homes. This is the reason why you are confused.
hcXoLld.jpg

It's called Optical Network Terminal. It's in my garage. You are forbidden to call it a modem because it's not.

hcXoLld.jpg

It's called Optical Network Terminal. It's in my garage. You are forbidden to call it a modem because it's not.

The motorola brand is famous design for modem and modem gateway. I don't recall it made for router only that I know so far.

On floor LOL!

Your making huge deal out of nothing! You still don't know what this stuff is doing!

Its STILL a modem, Modem is short for Modulator-Demodulator and what does that mean? It means convert from a different signal into different signals. Ethernet can NOT connect straight to fiber optics, same way as Ethernet can not connect straight to cable modem, DSL and so on. Its all about converting signals from one to other and vice versa.

Want see my Cisco Networking certificate? I earned em, did you?

By the way, Motorola is the company that most ISP gets and offers customer modems, gateway modems and so on. Nothing new!

hcXoLld.jpg

On floor LOL!

Your making huge deal out of nothing! You still don't know what this stuff is doing!

Its STILL a modem, Modem is short for Modulator-Demodulator and what does that mean? It means convert from a different signal into different signals. Ethernet can NOT connect straight to fiber optics, same way as Ethernet can not connect straight to cable modem, DSL and so on.

Oh I forgot, I had took course in fiber optics cabling, have you taken them? That Fiber optics cabling I took was before Verizon FiOS was made to the public. Guess what? Verizon prohibits any other fiber optics operators like "Greenlight.net", and so on from using term "FiOS" because the term is property of Verizon, what a joke!

hcXoLld.jpg

On floor LOL!

Its STILL a modem, Modem is short for Modulator-Demodulator and what does that mean? It means convert from a different signal into different signals. Ethernet can NOT connect straight to fiber optics, same way as Ethernet can not connect straight to cable modem, DSL and so on.

Oh I forgot, I had took course in fiber optics cabling, have you taken them? That Fiber optics cabling I took was before Verizon FiOS was made to the public. Guess what? Verizon prohibits any other fiber optics operators like "Greenlight.net", and so on from using term "FiOS" because the term is property of Verizon, what a joke!

SPZ455l.jpg

I can't find a modem in the diagram. :hmm:

FiOS is a trademark. What is a trademark? For example, you can't name your own company HBO because it's a trademark. Stop being silly.

Back