Sorenson STILL laid off people after getting rates they wanted

I believe I had already asked a question. See posting #78. Care to answer it, Coolers?

I believe that you need to speak with your former bosses and get clear answers to your questions, instead of going to forums and ask some questions for which you will not get answers in forums.

Lets say how in civil world, people deal with reasonable lay offs or firings, they do not go around trashing their former employer. The reason for that is because when things change around and employers tend to hire back former staff who know things about business/customers and are not requiring some additional training.

Did you think about it before going around and bad mouthing Sorenson?

Be cool and happy that you still have a full time job.

Peace to PT!

Last edited:
Everyone on this form thinks they know what they're talking about. I was a VI and yes, business is business. But what irks me is that Sorenson is blaming the FCC only and that's a crock of shit.

They need to take the blame by trying to corner the VRS market and that's a fact. They bit off more than they can chew and THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE DEAF COMMUNITY.

The bottom line is PROFITS, not service to the community. I won't get into what and how they spent their money, but it was quite luxurious for a while. I said it all the time, why the fuck are they spending money on this shit, when they should have been saving the money...

The 5 centers are the tip of the iceberg. they can't possibly survive with only 5 closures. There will be more, so if I were you I would call up another VRS company because Sorenson will eventually fold.

Being one of the laid off Sorenson employee, I completely agree with njnycterp...Sorenson grew so fast that they cannot keep up with limited expenses fund from FCC and when they found out that they cannot convince FCC to give more money on Tier 3 rate like they thought. That's where they got caught redhanded and had to layoff the employees. They say it's all FCC fault....WRONG! It's THEIR fault because they failed to control the growth. Poor management and excessive luxury spending...Don't tell me that I am wrong as I have seen it all the time. I predict that there will be more layoffs in a couple of months...Why? Deaf community is very upset about what Sorenson did and will start using other VRS providers. I used to be very loyal to Sorenson and after how they treated us, I lost my loyalty to them completly and will defintely start using other VRS providers. I will encourage my family/friends to do the same. Deaf community is a very close knit community and Sorenson don't give a fuck about that and just wanted profit. They go around saying we support the Deaf community....hmm think again after what they did to us.

We may suffered a great loss on the day we got laid off but guess what? Sorenson will suffer a GREATER loss soon! That's their karma!

Being one of the laid off Sorenson employee, I completely agree with njnycterp...Sorenson grew so fast that they cannot keep up with limited expenses fund from FCC and when they found out that they cannot convince FCC to give more money on Tier 3 rate like they thought. That's where they got caught redhanded and had to layoff the employees. They say it's all FCC fault....WRONG! It's THEIR fault because they failed to control the growth. Poor management and excessive luxury spending...Don't tell me that I am wrong as I have seen it all the time. I predict that there will be more layoffs in a couple of months...Why? Deaf community is very upset about what Sorenson did and will start using other VRS providers. I used to be very loyal to Sorenson and after how they treated us, I lost my loyalty to them completly and will defintely start using other VRS providers. I will encourage my family/friends to do the same. Deaf community is a very close knit community and Sorenson don't give a fuck about that and just wanted profit. They go around saying we support the Deaf community....hmm think again after what they did to us.

We may suffered a great loss on the day we got laid off but guess what? Sorenson will suffer a GREATER loss soon! That's their karma!

:shock: Another one comes and tells us.

I can hear the rants and vent of those whom worked for Sorenson all across the internet...

That's why I never work for a private deaf company. :lol: If I did, then I will not purchase big things like what other Sorenson employers did (house/rv/etc.)

Viable's greed had the FCC scratching their heads and saying to themselves, WTF are we paying all this money for?

Do you remember where you were when you heard of Viable's involvement in fraud and being investigated by the FBI? I was at the RID convention in Philadelphia last year when news of their criminal involvement broke. All of the sudden Viable takes back their platinum sponsership status and all their banners and displays were removed. Like they never existed in the first place.

You've seen wrong. Even the all knowing Sorenson guy over in another thread said that Sorenson participated in some fraudulent actions as well.

Sorry man, gotta stop you right there. There's no proof of Sorenson committing VRS fraud, or fraud of any kind for that matter. Maybe it's time you give Sorenson credit where credit's due. What am I saying, you'd never do something like that! Forget I even mentioned it. :lol:

Noticed you've got a lot of slack in previous posts as being our covenent "Sorenson Basher". I have nothing wrong with people sharing their opinions - all the power to you. But if you're going to quote something as fact, provide a reputable source, and not just some sally-told-elmer-who-heard-it-from-her-hairdresser-who-really-just-sneezed-out-something-that-sounded-like-'fraud' comment.

That's why I never work for a private deaf company. :lol: If I did, then I will not purchase big things like what other Sorenson employers did (house/rv/etc.)

WOW !!!! big sterotyping among your own kind. :roll: Seriously, do you really think all VRS employees went out and bought all those things when they got the job ? I think its no different from any other job.

Yup. what you just said is another peice to the puzzle of the overall picture of whats going on with Sorenson.

I believe that you need to speak with your former bosses and get clear answers to your questions, instead of going to forums and ask some questions for which you will not get answers in forums.

Lets say how in civil world, people deal with reasonable lay offs or firings, they do not go around trashing their former employer. The reason for that is because when things change around and employers tend to hire back former staff who know things about business/customers and are not requiring some additional training.

Did you think about it before going around and bad mouthing Sorenson?

Be cool and happy that you still have a full time job.

Peace to PT!

I know who you are. You tried to intimidate me before and is still trying to intimidate me. FYI: you don't and never did intimidated me at all. Thanks. :ty:

all the VRS companies are private companies, but they operate under a specific set of regulations set by a government agency. The produce a product that the same agency determines how much it will pay for the product the company produces. Those rates are set according to formulas that government determines for a limited period until it comes up with a different formula and with the guiding principal that no one company should profit more than another regardless of quality or efficiency. And that is how they reward inefficiency and poor business practices. Because they are government-run and the results don't affect them.

Sorry man, gotta stop you right there. There's no proof of Sorenson committing VRS fraud, or fraud of any kind for that matter. Maybe it's time you give Sorenson credit where credit's due. What am I saying, you'd never do something like that! Forget I even mentioned it. :lol:

Noticed you've got a lot of slack in previous posts as being our covenent "Sorenson Basher". I have nothing wrong with people sharing their opinions - all the power to you. But if you're going to quote something as fact, provide a reputable source, and not just some sally-told-elmer-who-heard-it-from-her-hairdresser-who-really-just-sneezed-out-something-that-sounded-like-'fraud' comment.

:) I would post a source of this, if I could...

If you are truly correct, here is puzzle you need to figure out and get this straighten out.

First of all there has been ongoing investigation from FBI on all VRS, and the ONLY VRS company that has been shut down by FBI is Viable, which turned over to SnapVRS. Here is question, howcome the rest of VRS has not even shut down and turned over to other provider, even with Sorenson? Sorenson has not shut down, and has never assumed by another provider.

I still won't believe you at all because I am still here. I have not seen any solid evidence of any wrongdoing from all VRS providers except Viable.

No matter what you said, ALL VRS even your lovely VRS company is in business for one thing... it is called profit. No company will run without profit no matter how you think it is. Even your lovely company runs business STILL in for profit.

We all NEED profit to make a living, without profit we will be long dead.

If you hate Sorenson so much, I dare you return your Sorenson VP-200 back to Sorenson.

:) I would post a source of this, if I could...

If you are truly correct, here is puzzle you need to figure out and get this straighten out.

First of all there has been ongoing investigation from FBI on all VRS, and the ONLY VRS company that has been shut down by FBI is Viable, which turned over to SnapVRS. Here is question, howcome the rest of VRS has not even shut down and turned over to other provider, even with Sorenson? Sorenson has not shut down, and has never assumed by another provider.

I still won't believe you at all because I am still here. I have not seen any solid evidence of any wrongdoing from all VRS providers except Viable.

No matter what you said, ALL VRS even your lovely VRS company is in business for one thing... it is called profit. No company will run without profit no matter how you think it is. Even your lovely company runs business STILL in for profit.

We all NEED profit to make a living, without profit we will be long dead.
Have you seen a billion dollars in cold hard cash? No. One doesn't need to see things to know it exists. :)

Have you even thought of an agreement between the FCC and a certain vrs company for the company to pay the FCC back the difference and things will be hush-hush... to the tune of 30 odd million dollars?

Sure!

If you do the math, calculate the cost of hiring employees, cost of the benefits, taxes paid, etc etc, how much it will add up to in just a single year?

It won't be less than millions of dollars! Grab your calculator and you will drop your jaws.

You think cuts will solve the problem? Your wrong, everybody loses, even to government too, they are now getting less taxes from employees and companies too. Now government have to pay those laid off employees their benefits, another loser.

Have you seen a billion dollars in cold hard cash? No. One doesn't need to see things to know it exists. :)

Have you even thought of an agreement between the FCC and a certain vrs company for the company to pay the FCC back the difference and things will be hush-hush... to the tune of 30 odd million dollars?

Do the Sorenon VRS provide the independent employment counseling or human resources firm those affected employees?

For ADers whose job is affected by their cost-cutting measures, I am so sorry to see it happen and hopefully you will get your new jobs soon and stay afloat.

I am waiting for an answer to my question.

Sure!

If you do the math, calculate the cost of hiring employees, cost of the benefits, taxes paid, etc etc, how much it will add up to in just a single year?

It won't be less than millions of dollars! Grab your calculator and you will drop your jaws.

You think cuts will solve the problem? Your wrong, everybody loses, even to government too, they are now getting less taxes from employees and companies too. Now government have to pay those laid off employees their benefits, another loser.

I am not sure what your point is? :confused: I already know it will cost mega-millions to just run Sorenson.

Also, thanks for giving support to my points - everyone is losing out on this. They shouldn't be.

Back