Sorenson STILL laid off people after getting rates they wanted

You know, from my reading all of the post from what I see the most common words are “greed” and “lies”. I have been pondering about the solutions for the last two nights. Somehow I was thinking it would be interesting concept if the corporates are not in greedy business. How? Ask the CEO or President to get his salary cut in half to participate the difficult moment. IF they (CEO or President) did do that, you all know he is really meant his doing his business in honest way. He is not trying to be greedy or lies. I was thinking about how Steve Jobs (if I remember correctly) willing to accept to earn $1 for one year. You know, sometime management made mistake because who made the approval? The top management, re: CEO or President because they should know that FCC have complete control of how to fund them. If FCC decided to change the fund, it gives the ripple effect to the companies in a big time. Not only that, If Viable never got caught, this will never happen. So, Viable got caught and it make FCC look deeper and FCC didn’t realize there’s a way to get more money from them. You know FCC never expect this will happen until Viable play a dirty trick on FCC and that impacted all of the VRS industries. Then Purple came next. CEO of the VRS companies never expected this going to happen but they should know better of “What if” FCC decided to make drastic change. You know all VRS companies have no control of how FCC should pay. Did we all expect that going to happen? No….. Everyone in deaf communities was in shocked and all of sudden we all got in to “who to blame war”.

So for those who think the VRS companies are greedy, why don’t you try ask the CEO to participate the difficult time of budget cutting, laying off employees and such, if he’s willing to cut his salary in a certain amount, like in half, knowing that CEO or top management made a mistake. Will that help you all thinking that this company is not greedy at all?

And last, remember we all a close knit deaf communities are very graceful for interpreters work tirelessly to help communicating with hearing world. It’s sad to see them let go.

Just my 2 cents...

wow - many various moods of responses in less then a week!

In any case, I feel bad for those who been let go, I do agree its time to make some belt tightening, maybe VRS companies will finally give Sorenson a run for their money with innovation and ideas. All I can say is services will be back to the old way for awhile until Sorenson can figure out a better/smarter way to run things.

HoHGuyOhio has it right though- VRS is a business, its all about numbers. nothing else. If something is not working, they will make the cuts and get new ideas. I doubt that Sorenson is doing it in a way to put everything in one basket. Take a look at Gene Simmons from KISS. He has his hands in nearly everything in the world, trying new ideas, all spread out. He doesn't have everything in one basket either. If something doesn't work, he will find out why and make the cut as necessary. Sorenson is using the same theology.

Thanks for sharing the link. I understand what Sorenson has to do BUT I DON'T UNDERSTAND how regional and district managers decided on who to lay off and who not to lay off... A person who was the LAST one to be hired still has the job.. All of us got laid off. And now there is only one full timer and one part timer in NJ and the rest from NY trainers are taking over NJ. Pretty disgusting, ain't it?!?!

Your typing is familiar to me from the past. Are you known as [Mod edit: full name remove]? If that's you, do you have any questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, from my reading all of the post from what I see the most common words are “greed” and “lies”. I have been pondering about the solutions for the last two nights. Somehow I was thinking it would be interesting concept if the corporates are not in greedy business. How? Ask the CEO or President to get his salary cut in half to participate the difficult moment. IF they (CEO or President) did do that, you all know he is really meant his doing his business in honest way. He is not trying to be greedy or lies. I was thinking about how Steve Jobs (if I remember correctly) willing to accept to earn $1 for one year. You know, sometime management made mistake because who made the approval? The top management, re: CEO or President because they should know that FCC have complete control of how to fund them. If FCC decided to change the fund, it gives the ripple effect to the companies in a big time. Not only that, If Viable never got caught, this will never happen. So, Viable got caught and it make FCC look deeper and FCC didn’t realize there’s a way to get more money from them. You know FCC never expect this will happen until Viable play a dirty trick on FCC and that impacted all of the VRS industries. Then Purple came next. CEO of the VRS companies never expected this going to happen but they should know better of “What if” FCC decided to make drastic change. You know all VRS companies have no control of how FCC should pay. Did we all expect that going to happen? No….. Everyone in deaf communities was in shocked and all of sudden we all got in to “who to blame war”.

So for those who think the VRS companies are greedy, why don’t you try ask the CEO to participate the difficult time of budget cutting, laying off employees and such, if he’s willing to cut his salary in a certain amount, like in half, knowing that CEO or top management made a mistake. Will that help you all thinking that this company is not greedy at all?

And last, remember we all a close knit deaf communities are very graceful for interpreters work tirelessly to help communicating with hearing world. It’s sad to see them let go.

Just my 2 cents...

Steve Jobs may have worked for a $1, but he also was in the news for back dating stock options that made him millions, so the man is hardly a good example of not being greedy.

Ew. There's a video of Ron Turdett. I'm sorry, and maybe you feel differently, but I don't trust him. Of course, he's blaming the FCC for apparently reducing the flow of free money. It's not the FCC's fault that Sorenson had to layoff some people.

He is nothing but a goddamn snake charmer.

Why don't Sorenson close the call centers in Canada ? Keep our American people working instead !!! Many deaf people in Canada complain about Sorenson hiring their interpretors so, close the Canadian call centers first ...

Fuckin' Yeah! So the interpreters can return to the Deaf communities which need them most.

Do the Sorenon VRS provide the independent employment counseling or human resources firm those affected employees?

For ADers whose job is affected by their cost-cutting measures, I am so sorry to see it happen and hopefully you will get your new jobs soon and stay afloat.

Just my 2 cents...

I like your thinking. :hmm:

[Mod edit: full name removed] (Diehardbiker) You work at Sorenson Communications. You play the role as defendant in here. Unfortunately, those certain people got layoffs today.

*Adam Schafer
*David Brynes
*Aaron Williams
*Janelle White-Cesar

I spoke with one of the Sorenson Commnications Executive Manager - They mention, that they laid off 22 tech supports, 2 fhd, 40 cirs, 2-3 managers, CIR managers, and closed tep department (which bomee crown, and others no longer work for Sorenson Communications)

Last edited by a moderator:
[Mod edit: full name removed] (Diehardbiker) You work at Sorenson Communications. You play the role as defendant in here. Unfortunately, those certain people got layoffs today.

*Adam Schafer
*David Brynes
*Aaron Williams
*Janelle White-Cesar

I spoke with one of the Sorenson Commnications Executive Manager - They mention, that they laid off 22 tech supports, 2 fhd, 40 cirs, 2-3 managers, CIR managers, and closed tep department (which bomee crown, and others no longer work for Sorenson Communications)[/QUOTE]

they are good people.. they doesn't deserve layoff..

David Brynes is one coolest guy and doesn't deserve to lay off. He work as installer at begin to upper level into technical support then change position...

At end, he got that plate of lay off...

I kind of disagree with that they make decision... I know 22 list of technical support but one of them from Viable. He is smart guy and knows what he is bushing about...

At end plate... he got lay off..

How can Sorenson made decision or it because they are $$$ due their skills and support Sorenson to grow since day one?

oh I want to add...

The management sometime doesn't know what they are doing

Your typing is familiar to me from the past. Are you known as [Mod edit: full name remove]? If that's you, do you have any questions?

I believe I had already asked a question. See posting #78. Care to answer it, Coolers?

Yes, I officially got laid today.

I will keep some cable wires, two remote controls, one wired router, and one switch box. Shh Shh

I will get a new phone number because I have to return my work VP back to Sorenson. Damn Sorenson HQ. I do like my VP number. Oh, well.

I changed my mind, so I decided to return all of the stuff back.

Ditto.

You were right, those are the cooliest people that is why I am happy about it.

Because the court refused to accept the stay request by Sorenson at where the rate would be in order to avoid any cuts. That is where Sorenson was left with no choice but to cut down accordingly.

The lay off were direct impacted by the rate cuts, where Sorenson has no choice but to cut. This is ripple effect, and no one is immume to this even myself and management too. It actually impacted on everybody within our company, even to CEO too.

However, we all who still work with Sorenson still strive for the best for all of you loyal customers.

Some of people thinks Sorenson is greedy, and from what I see, and I had to disagree. No one is going to do anything for free even yourself.

Who I call them greedy? Simple answer, it is those who cheat the system. Those who lied to FCC, those who take advantage by jacking up the minutes are the truly greedy! They wanted to do nothing to get money, that is GREEDY. Sorenson themselves as not lied, cheated, and did everything with honest and got whipped anyway.

No matter what you think, we are here to stay and continue to work our azz off to provide top notch services.

Regards,
DHB

*Adam Schafer
*David Brynes
*Aaron Williams
*Janelle White-Cesar

I spoke with one of the Sorenson Commnications Executive Manager - They mention, that they laid off 22 tech supports, 2 fhd, 40 cirs, 2-3 managers, CIR managers, and closed tep department (which bomee crown, and others no longer work for Sorenson Communications)

they are good people.. they doesn't deserve layoff..

David Brynes is one coolest guy and doesn't deserve to lay off. He work as installer at begin to upper level into technical support then change position...

At end, he got that plate of lay off...

I kind of disagree with that they make decision... I know 22 list of technical support but one of them from Viable. He is smart guy and knows what he is bushing about...

At end plate... he got lay off..

How can Sorenson made decision or it because they are $$$ due their skills and support Sorenson to grow since day one?[/QUOTE]

Back