Sorenson STILL laid off people after getting rates they wanted

Who I call them greedy? Simple answer, it is those who cheat the system. Those who lied to FCC, those who take advantage by jacking up the minutes are the truly greedy! They wanted to do nothing to get money, that is GREEDY. Sorenson themselves as not lied, cheated, and did everything with honest and got whipped anyway.

You've seen wrong. Even the all knowing Sorenson guy over in another thread said that Sorenson participated in some fraudulent actions as well.

Prove with court document showing verdict as guilty, please. I wouldn't believe guys from the bars.

You've seen wrong. Even the all knowing Sorenson guy over in another thread said that Sorenson participated in some fraudulent actions as well.

The difference between the fraud at Sorenson and the fraud at other providers like Purple and Viable is this:

At Sorenson, a few interpreters figured out a way to cheat the system. Sorenson identified the interpreters committing fraud, fired them, and paid the money back to the FCC, and developed ways to prevent interpreters from committing fraud.

At Purple and Viable, the EXECUTIVES running the company committed fraud from the top down, making the company culture one of dishonesty and fraudulent behavior.

aslrocks58

Maybe Sorenson have many centers in different places so that not drain interpreters from any one area. that's the piece people seem to miss when they complain about Sorenson is so big and greedy. Interpreters are a small work force. And they wont work a call center for less money than they get in the community. So Sorenson probably pays a competitive wage. And that can be pricey in many areas of the country. How many of you would take a 20% pay cut to keep your current job?
Counting hands now.

i would have taken a 20% cut so now my hand is up and if you were in person so count mine wise ass.

Everyone on this form thinks they know what they're talking about. I was a VI and yes, business is business. But what irks me is that Sorenson is blaming the FCC only and that's a crock of shit.

They need to take the blame by trying to corner the VRS market and that's a fact. They bit off more than they can chew and THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE DEAF COMMUNITY.

The bottom line is PROFITS, not service to the community. I won't get into what and how they spent their money, but it was quite luxurious for a while. I said it all the time, why the fuck are they spending money on this shit, when they should have been saving the money...

The 5 centers are the tip of the iceberg. they can't possibly survive with only 5 closures. There will be more, so if I were you I would call up another VRS company because Sorenson will eventually fold.

Everyone on this form thinks they know what they're talking about. I was a VI and yes, business is business. But what irks me is that Sorenson is blaming the FCC only and that's a crock of shit.

They need to take the blame by trying to corner the VRS market and that's a fact. They bit off more than they can chew and THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE DEAF COMMUNITY.

The bottom line is PROFITS, not service to the community. I won't get into what and how they spent their money, but it was quite luxurious for a while. I said it all the time, why the fuck are they spending money on this shit, when they should have been saving the money...

The 5 centers are the tip of the iceberg. they can't possibly survive with only 5 closures. There will be more, so if I were you I would call up another VRS company because Sorenson will eventually fold.

Wow..... Just what I was saying all along...

Okay, can you do the terp service to the community without asking for a penny? I mean from now and on, can you?

Okay, can you do the terp service to the community without asking for a penny? I mean from now and on, can you?

I don't believe that's the point.

They were spending the money in an irresponsible manner. That's the point.

Care to prove that they are being irresponsible? Do you have hard document showing that they are being irresponsible?

I don't believe that's the point.

They were spending the money in an irresponsible manner. That's the point.

Care to prove that they are being irresponsible? Do you have hard document showing that they are being irresponsible?

Um... ask njnycterp that since I didn't make the claim. I was only pointing out the point njnycterp was making.

Besides, it's not uncommon for a corporation to be irresponsible in their spending. AIG, anybody?

I have already showed it.

I just had to come out of the shadow to answer this.

You haven't show NOTHING, you just simply spewed statements and display an obvious and unfounded hatred toward to Sorenson and any other VRS Providers that don't side with Convo.

You're an amusing poster.

Thank you!!!!!!!! everything you have said is the OVERALL picture. Everyone is looking at the short term picture, not the long term picture.

You haven't show NOTHING, you just simply spewed statements and display an obvious and unfounded hatred toward to Sorenson and any other VRS Providers that don't side with Convo.

You are an amusing poster as well. Coming out of the blue sky of Sorenson with next to zero posts to make posts that equates to several thesis with holes in them.

Comical.

Just open your eyes and look at what others are saying and it is strikingly similar.

Please refrain from making posts against on whose u disagreed
and start the research and acknowledging it before post it and defending for sorenson.

P.S Almost all of us aware of sorenson is not really contributing deaf community but giving the out to dated device with old features to us and then they just sit down/profiting.

I'm not coming here to urge another to abandon sorenson as their default provider however i came here to learning more about it and discuss it. Pretty much they hurts themselves and have us hating them, similar to AT&T.

Back