Sorenson ntouch

legal? FCC state one number each videophone.

No, it's a database that collect 2 or more numbers. For example, if you have 4 VPs (Zvrs, Ojo, VP-200, iphone), One VP become a primary number, which of course using ZVRS. Then other three differents VP number will connect to the primary number. So, when they call this primary numbers, it will broadcast (singaling) to other VPs all the same time. All 4 VP will flashed at the same time. Then a person answered on iPhone, the Primary number will routed to iPhone. See how that work, all 4 VPs still have own number.

not true. Soresnon inovating long before CSD ZVRS came in the game there was en vision sl soft vp.

Err.. look up the meaning of word "innovating". Sorenson might have been the first to rear its ass into the VRS industry, but they definitely are losing the game of innovation. The smaller VRS providers are beating Sorenson at that game, and that is pretty much expected - when you're not #1 in the industry, you try harder as a vrs provider. Sorenson is too content with where they are now.

No, it's a database that collect 2 or more numbers. For example, if you have 4 VPs (Zvrs, Ojo, VP-200, iphone), One VP become a primary number, which of course using ZVRS. Then other three differents VP number will connect to the primary number. So, when they call this primary numbers, it will broadcast (singaling) to other VPs all the same time. All 4 VP will flashed at the same time. Then a person answered on iPhone, the Primary number will routed to iPhone. See how that work, all 4 VPs still have own number.

Well, I just wanted to tell you that I have Z-150 and Z-20. I watched on the video clip on a post #67. I realized that the information may not be correct. My Z-20 and Z-150 have a separate phone number. This is conflict what they said on the video clip - Time: 04:10 to 04:41. Another one, for the address book on each videophone, and again video clip Time: 01:48 to 02:27. The technician said that ZVRS does not have these features yet. I don't understand why they said that in the video clip. They did not mention that they will work on it.

I'm really starting to wonder why I'm replying to your flamebait, but here are the facts:

Whomever "taught" you these facts is sorely misinformed.

The Z340 is the Creative InPerson. Creative announced it in January, 2008. The FCC mandated 10 digit dialing plan was not enforced until the beginning of 2009.

ZVRS worked with Creative to make the Z340 interoperable with the other VRS videophones. Z340s were available as soon as the iTRS dialplan permitted (the beginning of 2009).

The Z20 is the Tandberg E20, designed by Tandberg engineers in Oslo, Norway.

The Tandberg E20 started shipping March of 2009 to the hearing world (with pretty buggy firmware at the time: TE1.0). ZVRS started evaluating it internally at that time, and rejected firmware builds up to TE2.2.1, which was released by Tandberg in August, 2010. Until that point, the firmware was not interoperable with other VRS videophones.

After thorough interoperability testing and integration with the rest of the ZVRS platform features, ZVRS started shipping the z20 to testers in November of 2010. General deployment to customers really began the beginning of 2011.

I'm not sure what you mean by ZVRS having "backordered" Z20s, ZVRS buys new wholesale lots of phones from Cisco on an on-going basis and has an inventory to guarantee availability to customers but definitely no more than necessary to service our customer base demand at any given time.

You've also forgotten to mention the Z150 (Tandberg T150), Zojo (Worldgate Ojo), the Z4/SV4/VL4 (Mirial MCS) on your Android or iPhone/iPad2...

That's 4 different physical phones, and a soft phone that works on your MAC, PC, and just about any smartphone with a camera.

Sorenson has 1 physical phone, the nTouch VP, which like the VP200 (which they are now actively replacing) only hooks up to your TV. They have a PC client (with broken H.263), but no Mac client to speak of. And the Sorenson mobile client doesn't do H.263 at all, which means it can't call even their first generation VP100...

ZVRS has a unified set of My Contacts that are simultaneously available on all of the Z videophones in your profile.

Unlike Sorenson, ZVRS point-to-point videomail works when called from any deaf videophone.

ZVRS has always sent you a zalert email for all VRS _and_ point-to-point videophone calls.

ZVRS is the only VRS platform that supports 1Number calling that will ring up to 3 videophones along with a ZBox house flasher at the same time.

ZVRS has been innovating long before Sorenson. ZVRS continues to have more offerings than Sorenson. ZVRS continues to be more backward compatible than Sorenson.

Who is really innovating here?

These are the facts. Please supply yours.

Wait a minute.. New nvp does have point to point voicemail (except older VP200 does not have that feature).

Earlier someone pointed out that Cisco bought Tandberg. That is true. Having dealt with Tandberg for many years, that fact hasn't quite sunk through my thick cranium - I still think of them as Tandberg. Cisco hasn't thoroughly Cisco'fied the Tandberg product line just yet. ;)

Well, I just wanted to tell you that I have Z-150 and Z-20. I watched on the video clip on a post #67. I realized that the information may not be correct. My Z-20 and Z-150 have a separate phone number. This is conflict what they said on the video clip - Time: 04:10 to 04:41. Another one, for the address book on each videophone, and again video clip Time: 01:48 to 02:27. The technician said that ZVRS does not have these features yet. I don't understand why they said that in the video clip. They did not mention that they will work on it.

Each Z phone has its own phone number. One Z phone number can become your "1Number" in your profile. You can add up to 3 other phones defined in your profile, including a VP200 (using its iTRS phone number). When someone calls your 1Number, all 4 phone numbers are effectively called at the same time, and thus ring at the same time. Each phone still retains its own phone number and identity. The only behavior change is when someone calls the phone number that you've delegated as your 1Number, all 4 phones ring at the same time.

The limit to 4 phone numbers is reasoned, but arbitrary. I could tell you all of the things I had to work around while designing it, and all of the weird corner call cases that engineering worked through as a team to make it what it is today, but that wouldn't be a short post.

As for your addressbook comment: which technician? DrZ said ZVRS has shared addressbooks. The woman (identity withheld) said that Sorenson does not: she said nothing of ZVRS not having it in that context.

If you are talking about a personal experience with a specific ZVRS technician, if you have an agent number I will happily refer that technician for training and followup coaching.

ZVRS most definitely does have shared My Contacts between all Z phones. My understanding is that Sorenson must assist you in synchronizing your VP200 addressbook when moving to nTouch. As Sorenson isn't exactly historically keen on giving competitors their products, I have no way of verifying that myself directly.

As for working on it: ZVRS shared My Contacts on all Z phones works today.

Wait a minute.. New nvp does have point to point voicemail (except older VP200 does not have that feature).

My understanding is that the nTouch VP has point-to-point videomail when called from another Sorenson product, but not when called from non-Sorenson phones.

As I stated above, however, I have no way of verifying that myself directly, I'm relying entirely on what others have told me. If you have proof otherwise, I would love to be wrong about the statement I made, and would gladly retract it if that is the case.

I've talked to someone who accepted an offer from a Z4 rep to install Z4 on his laptop then found out afterwards that his VP200 local number had been ported to ZVRS without his knowledge or without the ZVRS rep telling him this would be done and I don't know exactly what happened but....

The moral of this story is be careful when accepting ANY VRS agreements, written or verbal and get/save these agreements in written or printed form.

I've talked to someone who accepted an offer from a Z4 rep to install Z4 on his laptop then found out afterwards that his VP200 local number had been ported to ZVRS without his knowledge or without the ZVRS rep telling him this would be done and I don't know exactly what happened but....

The moral of this story is be careful when accepting ANY VRS agreements, written or verbal and get/save these agreements in written or printed form.

No way.. ZVRS required to have form sign to allow us to port their number from sorenson to zvrs.

Where is your proof.

By the way, I watched this video clip of ZVRS lab. I don't buy one of their story about Sorenson's deep debt. Many corporations do have some debts, but they can write off their tax which is no problem for them.

Yes, I agree with you for profit corporations can write off taxes due to debt but it had to be followed specific rules at IRS allowing corporations to write off taxes. Many cant and had to saddle debt.

As for Sorenson is the only provider owing 3/4 of a billion dollars in debt which is pretty massive to me because of their poor judgement, profit taking for a CEO and other management heads and massive payments including interest to, FCC due to inflated call minutes, investors and owners. Purple owes about 10 million, cannot recall and is unsure if Purple had repaid back to FCC in full.

So what they said in ZVRS comparison video in spot on and I encourage you to do a research in FCC website or do a Google search.

By the way, I watched this video clip of ZVRS lab. I don't buy one of their story about Sorenson's deep debt. Many corporations do have some debts, but they can write off their tax which is no problem for them.

Facts:

Ed’s Telecom Alert » Debt Report on Sorenson

Sorenson had to finance $735 million, of which $178.9 million was paid as a dividend at the time of the refinancing.

5 issues with ntouch VP so far.

• either cannot see during outage screen
• video display being freeze by time and time thru streaming
• disconnect itself by time and time
• Cannot call while dialing without actual "ringing"
• No optional to call the number between vrs or point-to-point

5 issues with ntouch VP so far.

• either cannot see during outage screen
• video display being freeze by time and time thru streaming
• disconnect itself by time and time
• Cannot call while dialing without actual "ringing"
• No optional to call the number between vrs or point-to-point

Did you got nTouch VP?

VRSen, you blame the whole of Sorenson. I found that interesting.

Purple deaf customer call me on my NVP and it does show her name!!!

Z deaf customer call me on my NVP and it shows IP address... mmm so who's blame?! but I got a good news, FCC required all VRS providers to meet with the FCC on Jan 20, 2012 or Jan. 12, 2012 to FIND out who to BLAME but Z requested to postpone... something's fishy... Purple with NVP or VP or ntouch pc are working fine but Z is not so I guess Z a slow!

VRSen, you blame the whole of Sorenson. I found that interesting.

Sorenson produced endpoints that are not backward compatible. I am merely stating facts.

Purple deaf customer call me on my NVP and it does show her name!!!

Indeed it does. Very soon all of the Z phones will as well. We're testing this new functionality now.

There were technical reasons this was not enabled before, but we have developed workarounds to relay along the Q.931 DisplayName information as caller ID.

Z deaf customer call me on my NVP and it shows IP address... mmm so who's blame?!

The IP address that shows is your Z phone's ZConnect IP address in the ZVRS cloud, not your home IP address. You can learn more about it in this video by Ken Brown (a business sales engineer at ZVRS):

IP Address in Caller ID Clarification on Vimeo

but I got a good news, FCC required all VRS providers to meet with the FCC on Jan 20, 2012 or Jan. 12, 2012 to FIND out who to BLAME but Z requested to postpone... something's fishy... Purple with NVP or VP or ntouch pc are working fine but Z is not so I guess Z a slow!

This is untrue.

Neustar and the FCC are trying to get the VRS providers to meet for a SIP interoperability event on January 17th and 18th.

My assumption here is that this is the event you are referring to.

This event is to work through how each VRS provider thinks iTRS SIP integration should work, and to make sure our platforms allow SIP phone-calls to/from one another. Videophone interoperability using SIP is part of this bake-off event.

Note: This meeting is not about H.323 interoperability, which is what you appear to be alleging.

ZVRS will be attending (I will be one of the engineers in attendance). ZVRS has been in full support of Neustar and the FCC since this interoperability event was announced, and have have fully planned on attending.

At no point has ZVRS requested to postpone.

ZVRS is fully willing to also do H.323 interoperability at this event if requested, though my guess this is probably beyond the scope of this event.

If you have facts to offer to the contrary, please disclose them here.

These are the facts.

Hello, all. I am new to this website and want to jump into the VRS industry discussion. I just got a new Z20 in the place of VP200 recently and learned a lot about the video phone technology. Yes, I agree with VRSEngieer about the protocol issues among the VRS providers and find that the ZVRS is most compatible technology. I have tested a new desktop software by Lifesize (owned by Logitech) and it works with the Z20.

Hello, all. I am new to this website and want to jump into the VRS industry discussion. I just got a new Z20 in the place of VP200 recently and learned a lot about the video phone technology. Yes, I agree with VRSEngieer about the protocol issues among the VRS providers and find that the ZVRS is most compatible technology. I have tested a new desktop software by Lifesize (owned by Logitech) and it works with the Z20.

What is kind of Lifesize? Lifesize ClearSea? or others?

Yes, Lifesize ClearSea. Just go to lifesize.com and download free 30 days trial. I used a SIP address to call myself.

Exactly! I think we all will be eventually using SIP addresses in the future. Let's see what would the FCC say next month.

Back