Sorenson configuration locked

I am an I.T Developer for Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. It is an Australian Government Department.

Cool. I used to work in IT as technician when I was in college for Co-op - great experence. I dont think I would want to go back to IT again. IT job in USA is pretty high stress and high turn-around.

Cool. I used to work in IT as technician when I was in college for Co-op - great experence. I dont think I would want to go back to IT again. IT job in USA is pretty high stress and high turn-around.

Is that your reason that you don't want to go back in the IT Field?

Is that your reason that you don't want to go back in the IT Field?

No.. My job right now is great job that I enjoy and it pay much more $$ than IT for "less" work. :)

Seriously through, I don't like to deal with customers - I am sure you have experenced some nasty client who is soo IDIOT about computer. My former co-worker (in my current job but he is now retired), his name is Roy, man, if you have to deal with him daily, you probably would shoot yourself.. Roy doesnt believe in multi-task but Windows is designed for that.. I could talk about him for days as I have ton of stories about him and computer.. My favorite: if anything gone wrong, he think some "damn" hacker is doing something to his computer, he pull the network or pull power cord out.. (in fact I did some pranks on him)..

I am sure you got some crazy stories with your clients...

No.. My job right now is great job that I enjoy and it pay much more $$ than IT for "less" work. :)

Seriously through, I don't like to deal with customers - I am sure you have experenced some nasty client who is soo IDIOT about computer. My former co-worker (in my current job but he is now retired), his name is Roy, man, if you have to deal with him daily, you probably would shoot yourself.. Roy doesnt believe in multi-task but Windows is designed for that.. I could talk about him for days as I have ton of stories about him and computer.. My favorite: if anything gone wrong, he think some "damn" hacker is doing something to his computer, he pull the network or pull power cord out.. (in fact I did some pranks on him)..

I am sure you got some crazy stories with your clients...

Speaking of clients....as my role of a I.T Delveoper, I mostly do on my computer looking after websites and fix all these shit. I don't deal with clients ;) These money down here is more than you think.

Speaking of clients....as my role of a I.T Delveoper, I mostly do on my computer looking after websites and fix all these shit. I don't deal with clients ;) These money down here is more than you think.

Thats cool. As long your happy with your job - thats important.

I went over to my friend's apt to fix his VP200 (my very first time seeing and fiddle with VP200!!!). I got it figured out when I tried to change his network speed because he have Road Runner Lite. I called VP tech service through VP200 and explain to tech that I need password to unlock the VP200 network setting. She immedialy gave me the password and I hung up and got network setting unlocked then changed the speed. It didn't work well so I called Road Runner and asked the Sale dept to compare my account to his account. I was told that my RR is 7.0mbps while his is 1.5 mbps. He offered me to upgrade to RR Turbo (15mbps) just for $13 month more. So I asked my friend if he want upgrade. He said yes yes go for it. I went ahead and authorized upgrade for him. finally I went back to his VP200 and changed the network speed to 384 download, 256 upload. It ran really slick now and he's very happy man.

Luckily the VP tech service quickly give me password and I told my friend to keep it in safe place so If need make adjustment on VP200, use that password. My friend admitted that I'm one of the best technican guy than VP installer. He said that the installer don't know how to fix those thing like I do. He asked me why don't you get Sorenson VP installer job. I told him no because it would take away my time for family.

I'm glad that Sorenson aren't tight lipped on password for setup. I would be pissed if they do..

Catty

This shows that there was nothing wrong with VP setting in the first place. As soon as you said its RR lite, I knew right away that it is ISP issue not VP issue. VP can not handle slow speed Internet, nor latency connected Internet. Very rare that VP setting would have been changed on its own.

I went over to my friend's apt to fix his VP200 (my very first time seeing and fiddle with VP200!!!). I got it figured out when I tried to change his network speed because he have Road Runner Lite. I called VP tech service through VP200 and explain to tech that I need password to unlock the VP200 network setting. She immedialy gave me the password and I hung up and got network setting unlocked then changed the speed. It didn't work well so I called Road Runner and asked the Sale dept to compare my account to his account. I was told that my RR is 7.0mbps while his is 1.5 mbps. He offered me to upgrade to RR Turbo (15mbps) just for $13 month more. So I asked my friend if he want upgrade. He said yes yes go for it. I went ahead and authorized upgrade for him. finally I went back to his VP200 and changed the network speed to 384 download, 256 upload. It ran really slick now and he's very happy man.

Luckily the VP tech service quickly give me password and I told my friend to keep it in safe place so If need make adjustment on VP200, use that password. My friend admitted that I'm one of the best technican guy than VP installer. He said that the installer don't know how to fix those thing like I do. He asked me why don't you get Sorenson VP installer job. I told him no because it would take away my time for family.

I'm glad that Sorenson aren't tight lipped on password for setup. I would be pissed if they do..

Catty

Never used VRI, but I use it to listen in few staff from field and conference calls. VRI is more expensive than hiring on-site interpeter.

I cannot imagine without this VRS service.. I wished VRS was available in 1997.

HOVRS and VideoSign 3.0 will be coming this summer or so. They includes video conference. Video conference calling enables MVP or VideoSign users to connect with up to 8 other callers or/and one interpreter in one call. eliminating VRI.

HOVRS and VideoSign 3.0 will be coming this summer or so. They includes video conference. Video conference calling enables MVP or VideoSign users to connect with up to 8 other callers or/and one interpreter in one call. eliminating VRI.

This ought to be interesting..

So about that locked configuration on VP-200s. My friend goes into her settings and they are locked. Her IP address shows as "192.168.1.101" which is an internal IP that I cannot connect to. Any ideas about how to fix this? I will call tech support too but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of it.

So about that locked configuration on VP-200s. My friend goes into her settings and they are locked. Her IP address shows as "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" which is an internal IP that I cannot connect to. Any ideas about how to fix this? I will call tech support too but I'm wondering if anyone has heard of it.

That's private ip address which may be a router...

to find your friend's public address which you can connect to... in VP 200, Settings then Public IP then look at "auto-detected" you will see the ip address in the (....)

Or find the public ip by going to IP Address properties of your Internet Connection --> showmyip.com <--

or by accessing the Router's config page, look for Public IP there...

Mod Note: IP address removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it might be a old or new software, I was aware of that you can view your IP address on the VP 200 from Network >> Settings >> Public IP but I believe that is no longer visible since the lock up, isn't it?

then that's the easy way to view your IP address, but some VP 200 has a old software where it doesn't show. Like one of my USA friend. Just be aware of it though

Back