Sorenson configuration locked

OJO is nice phone, but crappy firmware.. No VCO option - tired of giving my interpeter my phone # each call.

VPAD seem nice, but lack few CONs: no internal battery, very expensive, no wifi built-in, no PC card (EVDO aircard), lack of driver supports.

NOTE: I do not own VPAD, just what I have read up about it.

No VCO option on Ojo??

I like Ojo VCO because I just talk directly into Ojo to the hearing people. No need for me to setup a conference call like other VRS or needing a landline etc.

I sure hope other VRS providers will offer customized hardware devices. Unfortunately Sorenson huge lead on hardwares which they are basically a monopoly in VRS. I sure hope they will not get too BIG for their own good.. Good thing that FCC forced Sorenson to let other VRS to use their VP.

Remember Sprint, Microsoft, Verzion?? The bigger they are, more crappy the support they provide. For a while, I have been using CSDVRS more often since Sorenson is taking way too long to answer my calls. But it wasn't as bad as last year when it took over 20 mins to get an interpeter to answer.

Viable.net - Download Viable Vision

Solve your problem.

No VCO option on Ojo??

I like Ojo VCO because I just talk directly into Ojo to the hearing people. No need for me to setup a conference call like other VRS or needing a landline etc.

I perfer setting up conference from my end as it is more clearer than via VRS's phone system.. I had few people complained that my voice is too low or noisy background..

I perfer setting up conference from my end as it is more clearer than via VRS's phone system.. I had few people complained that my voice is too low or noisy background..

Then you mean that Ojo VCO isn't good enough for you. Not that it doesn't do VCO.

I wanted to point this out because some folks could mistakenly taken this that Ojo doesn't offer VCO at all.

Then you mean that Ojo VCO isn't good enough for you. Not that it doesn't do VCO.

I wanted to point this out because some folks could mistakenly taken this that Ojo doesn't offer VCO at all.

Also, cordless OJO phone is not hearing aid friendly.. Alot of buzzing..

What the HELL? Why would they lock the damn IP config screen.. So STUPID of Sorenson to do this! Last night I had network issue, and I can't use VP at all for WHOLE night (it resolved itself next morning).. This firmware is becoming POS! If they don't fix this, I am throwing this POS into trashcan and use Viable / CSDVRS.

what need you edit ip screen for? too many people fuck up the ip screen.

if it works why fix it?

Sometime I have to move this VP to different location which has slower speed, I can't even change speed setting and static IP can't even be setted... I find this very extreme! If they keep up with this crap, they will lose major VP users to their competitors.

why move vp around? same network unplug and plug ethrenet diffrent place, same work.

no need to change speed 256 speed good enuff

why move vp around? same network unplug and plug ethrenet diffrent place, same work.

Not at work since they use static IP and it is different between 2 buildings. I have it resolved, I got the code from Sorenson which I can change it at anytime.

Do you use VRS for the meeting or some sort of a similarity of VRI, no?

Never used VRI, but I use it to listen in few staff from field and conference calls. VRI is more expensive than hiring on-site interpeter.

I cannot imagine without this VRS service.. I wished VRS was available in 1997.

Never used VRI, but I use it to listen in few staff from field and conference calls. VRI is more expensive than hiring on-site interpeter.

I cannot imagine without this VRS service.. I wished VRS was available in 1997.

So you used VRS for the meetings so you wouldn't be left out?

So you used VRS for the meetings so you wouldn't be left out?

Left out? no it is part of job. I do lead conference calls for major projects. I do have on-site interpreter for meeting but PBX phone speaker phone really sucks which makes it hard for interpreter to hear so I use VRS to listen in.. All calls I make via VRS is using VCO. I speak for myself on all calls. I hate using text relay or TTY relay these day as they are EXTREMELY SLOW.

Left out? no it is part of job. I do lead conference calls for major projects. I do have on-site interpreter for meeting but PBX phone speaker phone really sucks which makes it hard for interpreter to hear so I use VRS to listen in.. All calls I make via VRS is using VCO. I speak for myself on all calls. I hate using text relay or TTY relay these day as they are EXTREMELY SLOW.

That makes sense. I have this interesting fact, and I am finding it out at the moment, I work in the government and my department have a large LCD TV and a camera attached to the LCD in some of the meeting/conference rooms - I emailed to Deaf Society of NSW (In Sydney) in regards of the information about VRI, they said they have VRI, so I am waiting for the information to be emailed to me by the Manager of the area, I hope there would be a way that I could use the VRI via the LCD and webcam at my work so I can use it for the meetings - it would be interesting. I am not sure, lets hope so.

That makes sense. I have this interesting fact, and I am finding it out at the moment, I work in the government and my department have a large LCD TV and a camera attached to the LCD in some of the meeting/conference rooms - I emailed to Deaf Society of NSW (In Sydney) in regards of the information about VRI, they said they have VRI, so I am waiting for the information to be emailed to me by the Manager of the area, I hope there would be a way that I could use the VRI via the LCD and webcam at my work so I can use it for the meetings - it would be interesting. I am not sure, lets hope so.

I think VRI is ideal if you or employer can't find on-site interpreter on short notice since most VRI can be obtain as short as 2 hours notice. However, it does has it limitations, it is harder to focus the fast paced meeting.. My interpreter move around often so I can pay attn to whoever is speaking face to face than other direction.

I was fortunately that I have interpreter that I used for over 11 years which she is willing to work around her schedules and she is well versed with my job's technical, we come up few "make up" technical signs and easier to interpret if she is at least have some understanding of what the person is saying.. :)

I think VRI is ideal if you or employer can't find on-site interpreter on short notice since most VRI can be obtain as short as 2 hours notice. However, it does has it limitations, it is harder to focus the fast paced meeting.. My interpreter move around often so I can pay attn to whoever is speaking face to face than other direction.

I was fortunately that I have interpreter that I used for over 11 years which she is willing to work around her schedules and she is well versed with my job's technical, we come up few "make up" technical signs and easier to interpret if she is at least have some understanding of what the person is saying.. :)

True, but the interpreter services in my hometown is shit at the moment, but it would be interesting if I test one of these new VRI if the information meets the requirements at my department...

True, but the interpreter services in my hometown is shit at the moment, but it would be interesting if I test one of these new VRI if the information meets the requirements at my department...

What kind of work you do? I work for wireless carrier as senior switch engineer. It is 5th largest USA wireless carrier.

What kind of work you do? I work for wireless carrier as senior switch engineer. It is 5th largest USA wireless carrier.

I am an I.T Developer for Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. It is an Australian Government Department.

Back