Sometimes, my grammar is not good

CCfan

Reaction score
At this time, I am trying my best, but, it would be certainly isn't good
with English Grammar that why I was in school has everything without a word of English meanwhile I was paying attention at their teachers for
deaf and hearing as special education. So, sometimes, ASL may getting
over my grammar would be died down. And, it goes to killed my grammar
off my own using a sentences of these structures in the grammar.

I would say, a signature will be changed/added would be: "In ASL, it making me bad grammar why its own culture does not have a grammar that would make to
killed my grammar structure, although, my spelling is very good, but
for grammar is seems so poor."

Because, I was in my school, why they not getting an enough
to educate for any kind of darn grammar at English Class. I wish I were go to
hearing class for full interpreting than deaf and hard-of-hearing classes, because it was not enough to say anything... everything. I would say that,
a student who depends on signing anything, but some with its own oral
as speech without signing in my school, it's not certainly right. I believe in deaf culture would want-- deaf culture would need to them getting
a fully-words except-- sometimes, I would not understand what is saying while signing; its signing would too fast; and its would be none of my
business unless they would share with me. That's all I said-- folks! :)
I will refuse to give up my grammar, due to reading on closed-captioning, read books, and everything words from the surfing (internet).

From what I learned from hearing friends and family, English's rules of grammar is one of the most complicated in the world. Pls dont feel bad. Try to read everyday?

From what I learned from hearing friends and family, English's rules of grammar is one of the most complicated in the world. Pls dont feel bad. Try to read everyday?

I'm a foreigner and try to use correct grammar of English but it's hard at times cuz there are such many 'exceptions' in the language itself :ugh3:

well,some of deaf and hoh world have problems on english's grammar ..but if read many different books like as romantics,history,etc that help you!however I know its way is taking time a lot of and hard. by the way,I'm a foreigner girl..ofc I have problem on grammar and sentences but I still don't know how to learn correct english's rules of grammar grrrrrr!

You are not alone with problem grammar bec I do and helpful me with read lots! First I was young and read cartoon books of Archie's or Belly & Veronica then regular books
:):):)

I'm a foreigner and try to use correct grammar of English but it's hard at times cuz there are such many 'exceptions' in the language itself :ugh3:

Yes I agree and try teaching that to children who dont have a strong L1 language even in ASL! I was teaching my students about the concept of adding (s) at the end of nouns to make them plural and one of my students saw the word "runs" in a sentence as a present verb so she was so excited and told me that the cat has many runs and I am like..."uhhhhh how do I explain that?!" If I tell her no it doesnt mean that, she will just get confused so it just makes me want to pull my hair out! gRRRRR!

Yeah, I know........English IS a hard language. I say that as a hardcore grammar geek. However the reason why so many dhh people have difficulty with English is b/c it's basicly a) they appraoch English as a second language. They make essentailly the same mistakes as do native speakers of other languages. or b) they never got really good exposure to English as a first language. Also, maybe some kids fell through the cracks, and just got generic sped services.

well,some of deaf and hoh world have problems on english's grammar ..but if read many different books like as romantics,history,etc that help you!however I know its way is taking time a lot of and hard. by the way,I'm a foreigner girl..ofc I have problem on grammar and sentences but I still don't know how to learn correct english's rules of grammar grrrrrr!

It sounds like me when my grammar was saying when I was between 13-15.

You are not alone with problem grammar bec I do and helpful me with read lots! First I was young and read cartoon books of Archie's or Belly & Veronica then regular books
:):):)

I will never to able... I not able to alone with myself. I will always read from captions on TV;
I have to read anything from the internet.
I have a book for the Holy Bible. But I used to read comics for-- oh, I forget to say them.
Sometimes, I read magazine for Video games such because I am interested
in them. I must have to tell everything: I love closed-captioning is finest
beautiful font in the reading! :P

I would wish I can chat in real-time through by the video-relay with you in sign language
without a worrying about English.

I'm deaf but I find English easier for me than ASL. *shrugs* I tend to think in English.

Just I wondering you have attend the school with D/HH when you was kid that you did well with your English? There was
something for you-- you went to school for hearing classes, this is not a special education, that's right? Anyways, my comment: I glad you have an easy
skill in English! :)

Still, I will say, "I refuse to give up my English skills through my life."

You are right Shel90 English is one of the most difficult languages in the world, partly because of Grammar and partly because it is known as a bastard language. French, Spanish, Italian are known as the romantic languages – coming out of Rome. German, Swiss, etc… are Germanic languages. Dutch, Norwegian etc… are Norse. Most languages have their words and grammar because they belong to a linguistic family. English doesn’t. We get words from French, Spanish, German, Latin, Norse and the original Celtic languages that were on the British isles before being conquered by Rome. England was conquered by Rome, the Normans, the Anglos and Saxons, the Vikings invaded constantly. You throw in the mix all their words and grammatical rules and that is why English is so difficult. And being that the British Empire was the largest the world has ever known and all the countries little words that get picked up and added to the language and wow what a mess. Hearing people only have what they hear as a reference at first then we go to school. There are people who have very poor grammar but that is because they hear the poor grammar and repeat it. Like, “ain’t got no” which is a double negative. Southern grammar is a little different than northern, then go to the various English speaking countries and they have their differences.

You're correct. I've been speaking it forever and still get confused by it's "rules." One instructor mentioned the ASL follows the word structure of other languages like Spanish or French then English and if you knew one of those, it would help.

In our class too there was a couple of foreign students that it was easier to sign with them then talk since their English was poor.

I am working with a student now who is very SPE based; was mainstreamed for all of his elementary and high school years, and has a CI. He tends to make the same kind of grammar errors that I have seen my son make, who is ASL based and doesn't use any kind of amplification. I agree with other posts that English grammar is extremely difficult, even for some native speakers. It contains a bunch of arbitrary rules that often contradict each other.

If you are writing for educational purposes, the best thing to do is get a tutor that can help you with corrections, and have an interpreter explain to your teacher that content is as important as grammar, and also why certain errors are consistent with Dd/hh students.

Hearing people only have what they hear as a reference at first then we go to school. There are people who have very poor grammar but that is because they hear the poor grammar and repeat it. Like, “ain’t got no” which is a double negative.

I've noticed that hearing and ASL deaf do not make the same grammatical mistakes. I've *never* seen a Deaf person make this kind of mistake: "I seen him over there." The correct grammar would be "I saw him over there."

Also, English is not always spelled the way it sounds and it shows in a lot of hearies' writings. Phonics has never been my strong suit so I can't think of any examples right now.

I've noticed that hearing and ASL deaf do not make the same grammatical mistakes. I've *never* seen a Deaf person make this kind of mistake: "I seen him over there." The correct grammar would be "I saw him over there."

Also, English is not always spelled the way it sounds and it shows in a lot of hearies' writings. Phonics has never been my strong suit so I can't think of any examples right now.

Your are right about this. Deaf and hearing make different errors based on the fact that one is auditory and one is visual in their perceptions.

English is VERY difficult! I am hearing and grew up speaking English and I still have a hard time with grammar!

Growing up, my weak areas grammatically were the use of past, present, and future verb tenses. I would get them so messed up. Now, I have taught myself to go back and read what I type or wrote to make sure I didnt make those mistakes. :rl:

There are a lot of ways to improve your grammar. It's like learning to sign or learning to improve on other things. All you have to do is apply what you're learning.

Learning sign language? Use it with others.

Learning to ride a bike? Go bike riding often.

Learning to improve your grammar? Read more and write (type) more.

When typing, try to force yourself to type in the best manner possible.

Don't do this... "BRB I GTG and tlk to my friend abt her hmwk."

Do this... "Be right back, I got to go and talk to my friend about her homework."

While the correct method may seem to take up more time, it's worth the effort.

When I do emails or make posts in forums, I type in the best manner possible. The only time I talk informally is through AIM.

Back