Some positive energy to balance things out

Nika

Reaction score
We've got the Pet Peeves thread and the Mad thread and so I thought I'd balance things out by adding some positive energy to the mix.

What are some things you absolutely love doing? What makes your day? Who are some people you've met in your life that you are very grateful for? What are some of your passions, ways you hope to change your life and others' lives for the better, etc.

I'll start.

I am so glad I joined AD. I've met some great people on here that have really taught me acceptance through example. AD has welcomed me with open arms despite my initial fears of joining as a hearing person.

I am so glad I met my girlfriend this summer. We have an incredibly deep connection and love for each other. We have helped each other through some very hard times. We have some of the same challenges in life so we are able to support each other. She has shown me unconditional love -- she's watched me go blind, she's watched me almost be hospitalized for depression and PTSD, and she's been with me there the whole way.

It absolutely makes my day when I come across braille signage where least expected. It makes my day when someone is open to the alternative ways blind people do things and I am able to teach them, eliminating just another drop of ignorance in this world.

I love seeing compassion and empathy. When someone stops for a moment, and really feels what it's like to be another person, that gives me hope for this world. When someone chooses love even when they could have chosen to antagonize and bully someone, that just makes my day.

<positive energy>

There's so many things I could list! But my favorite one is, when I meet a stranger when we are walking towards each other, and smile and they smile back instead of turning away.

Great idea for a thread! :) I think what I am most grateful for is my family and my friends. I am also grateful that the hardships I have had to go through in the past are over, and can not hurt me anymore.

What makes my day is when I am a teacher at work, and my kids learn something new, or they laugh, or giggle over something I have said. Nothing makes my day better than a hug.

What makes my day is when I am a teacher at work, and my kids learn something new, or they laugh, or giggle over something I have said. Nothing makes my day better than a hug.

That is great! I tutor students in languages and I just love those light bulb moments when the student gets it! I also love being the student that gets it in class.

Hugs are great too!

Cool thread and first post Nika. I am glad for AD and AVEN, AD and specific people on it *you know who you are* have helped me through a lot! AVEN is also becoming a wonderful website for me.

Nothing i love more than a good cup of coffee. It's the simple things in the life that bring the greatest pleasure. :)

I love my house, it make me feel good everytime I improve it.

I also always tell positive, like telling other that they have nice hair, or clothes or anything.

Oh and, I tend to tell thank you and "no problemo" as friendly. :)

I love saying "good morning" to people. There is something about the greeting "good morning" that is just unmatched by "hello" or "good afternoon/evening."

Nothing i love more than a good cup of coffee. It's the simple things in the life that bring the greatest pleasure. :)

i feel the same way about having a mug of hot cocoa (i'm not a coffee drinker) in the morning. it always puts me in a good mood so i'm ready to tackle my day (at least the start of it, anyways <giggle>).

I love saying "good morning" to people. There is something about the greeting "good morning" that is just unmatched by "hello" or "good afternoon/evening."

So do i, first thing in the morning i wake up ready to talk to people, so i say good morning to everyone, it is great! I dont understand though how it ticks some people off.

There is nothing like turning the water on cold after a warm shower. It's like listerine, but all over :hmm:

So do i, first thing in the morning i wake up ready to talk to people, so i say good morning to everyone, it is great! I dont understand though how it ticks some people off.

I love walking into school and saying "good morning" to everyone. And also at work (except in Farsi).

Back