Soldier mom refuses deployment to care for baby

Or Russia, I heard about France has limited extradition agreement with US, not completely like Canada or UK.

that depends on what they are being extradited for. These countries do not extradite people back to USA if they're facing death penalty. for desertion - they will extradite them back to USA.

If the mother was concerned about her baby's care she would have had a Plan B in place for such a situation. Also, she would have contacted her chain of command and applied for a humanitarian delay of deployment and worked thru channels rather than just staying home.

Again, why isn't the single father of her baby held more responsible for the child's care?

What about single fathers? There are more and more of them now.
Military single fathers who have custody of their children have to make the same legal arrangements for child care during deployment.

They have extradition agreement with USA to return deserters back to USA. Mexico is your best shot.
If her family can't afford to take care of the baby while mom is drawing full military pay and benefits, how on earth could she support herself and the baby in Mexico without a pay check? That doesn't make sense.

If her family can't afford to take care of the baby while mom is drawing full military pay and benefits, how on earth could she support herself and the baby in Mexico without a pay check? That doesn't make sense.

If they're going to run away to other country to avoid jail or whatever, Mexico is your best shot. Like you said - "There is a procedure in place for these kinds of problems. One thing you never want to do is just take it upon yourself to leave or not show up. It almost always makes the matter worse in the long run."

Things doesn't make sense sometimes. I can live in the USA without a paycheck. No problem.
Mexico just seems much easier.

It also helps that a cousin of mine lives down there in San Miguel De Allende. She says it's very lovely down there. Less stress as well.

Things doesn't make sense sometimes. I can live in the USA without a paycheck. No problem.

It also helps that a cousin of mine lives down there in San Miguel De Allende. She says it's very lovely down there. Less stress as well.

I agree, Avery. My friend's sister (with hubby & daughter) is living well and comfortable in Mexico. It's in.... I can't remember the name but it's at very southern tip of Mexico, east side.

That doesn't mean anything to this single mom with a baby on the lam from the military.

She certainly knew this would happen when she refused to go... that shows how much she cares for the baby...

Back