Social Skills

deafbajagal

Reaction score
I have a new, weird problem.

My social skills are declining or something. I used to be VERY bubbly and outgoing...I easily made friends left and right. Lately, just going to DNO is draining me. I can barely muster a few words and I'm done with the conversation. It's almost like I'm becoming anti-social or something. Weird!

Has this happened to you? Maybe I moved too much - lol. After all, I was in four states in the last four years. Hmm.

I have noticed that I have less and less interest in going out to social events lately. I think it is due to working 2 jobs, taking those two grad-level classes, taking care of my children, and the whole custody thing or it could be due to getting older and becoming more of a home-body than before. Maybe both.

However, yes, I am not as excited about going to social events with a bunch of people I dont know like DPHH and etc. I prefer to socialize with close friends but even it is not as frequent like before.

I have noticed that I have less and less interest in going out to social events lately. I think it is due to working 2 jobs, taking those two grad-level classes, taking care of my children, and the whole custody thing or it could be due to getting older and becoming more of a home-body than before. Maybe both.

However, yes, I am not as excited about going to social events with a bunch of people I dont know like DPHH and etc. I prefer to socialize with close friends but even it is not as frequent like before.

Totally understandable.

Totally understandable.

I am going out tmw with my brother, his girlfriend, and some other girlfriends and they all have been emailing each other on how excited they are about it all week but I am the only one who is not replying back and forth constantly. The more I think about it, the more I think it has to do with what happened back in February when my daughter moved to AZ. I havent been the same since then.

Well I guess the people who knows me really well would be the ones to say, WTF is wrong with her? Because I'm acting really out of character right now...and it's really out of my control.

I totally can get why you will be more reserved. Maybe I'm reserved because of the shit that's happened in the last few months. I dunno. I just can't seem to bounce back from it.

Maybe we have a touch of clinical depression or something.

Maybe I have a touch of PFH's herpes.

Well I guess the people who knows me really well would be the ones to say, WTF is wrong with her? Because I'm acting really out of character right now...and it's really out of my control.

I totally can get why you will be more reserved. Maybe I'm reserved because of the shit that's happened in the last few months. I dunno. I just can't seem to bounce back from it.

Maybe we have a touch of clinical depression or something.

Maybe I have a touch of PFH's herpes.
I actually contacted another board member on their out of character behavior... in PM's of course - and it turned out for the best.

But the best thing you have going is that you are aware of it yourself. You'll bounce out of it okay.

We all been there, myself included.

I actually contacted another board member on their out of character behavior... in PM's of course - and it turned out for the best.

But the best thing you have going is that you are aware of it yourself. You'll bounce out of it okay.

We all been there, myself included.

That's kind of you. Thanks.

From what I read about your lives, I think it is called situational depression.

so a small dose of antidepression may be in order, like citalopram, its good or similar but if anything try go for the newest kind, developments in this area of medicine has improved alot...and its easier to come of it... than what were around even as short as 5 years ago...

Or after there were too many happening that hurt you and it is not easy to be having good times when you had the kind of experiences that was so traumatic moments. Then it takes some time to take a break from everything and focus on themselve first, can be either the depression or focus on themselve in leading to recovery slowly.

My social skills are declining or something. I used to be VERY bubbly and outgoing...I easily made friends left and right. Lately, just going to DNO is draining me. I can barely muster a few words and I'm done with the conversation. It's almost like I'm becoming anti-social or something. Weird!

Has this happened to you? Maybe I moved too much - lol. After all, I was in four states in the last four years. Hmm.

been like that since.... I was born :)

I've always been a hermit but I do go out and mingle when I can. I still prefer to chillax on sofa w/ a small group of friends.... keeping it low key.

How about you give me a PM? I'd like to discuss this with you, but don't want to ask personal questions in an open forum.

so a small dose of antidepression may be in order, like citalopram, its good or similar but if anything try go for the newest kind, developments in this area of medicine has improved alot...and its easier to come of it... than what were around even as short as 5 years ago...

Disagree. If depression is involved, it sounds more circumstantial than biological.

From what I read about your lives, I think it is called situational depression.

It could be but when I start getting drunk and locking myself up everyday, then I will get realllly worried! :lol:

Back