socail security stimulus plan

No, I didn't miss it. I "noted" its placement precisely.

Original statement: "Perhaps that is because you aren't having to make a decision between paying for your medication or purchasing food."

"Perhaps" modified "that", which referred to Tousi's failure "to see how a one time payment of 250 dollars is gonna help." The rest of the statement, "because you aren't having to make a decision between paying for your medication or purchasing food" was not a "perhaps" at all but a declarative statement.

That is, "Perhaps your failure to see how a one time payment of 250 dollars is gonna help is because you aren't having to make a decision...."

The inference and dig was clear enough anyway.

Anyone who has taken Interpersonal Communications 101 knows not to use "you" statements if one doesn't want to flame the situation.

"Little wheels spin and spin, big wheels turn 'round and 'round." :lol:

Nice try. But wrong. "Perhaps" qualifies the rest of the statement as a possibility, nothing more. This is a possible reason, meaning that there are also other possible reasons.

And when responding to a "I don't see how" statement, it is perfectly acceptable to reply with a "you" statement. Perhaps you should check that Interpersonal Coms text book again.

Big wheel Obama is about to turn the economy around. Something your little wheel Bush was unable to do. LOL

...For the working class ...
What is your definition of "working class?"

The SGI tables is being readjusted so a single worker can get up to $400 more take home pay. The equates to something like up to 40 dollars per month for the rest of the year. This might feel like small potatoes, but like the overall picture - the total spending is in the billions....
So how many jobs will that create? How many cars and houses will that buy? How will that stimulate the economy?

Nice try. But wrong. "Perhaps" qualifies the rest of the statement as a possibility, nothing more. This is a possible reason, meaning that there are also other possible reasons.

And when responding to a "I don't see how" statement, it is perfectly acceptable to reply with a "you" statement. Perhaps you should check that Interpersonal Coms text book again.
Post 51 certainly didn't help to rectify the impression we got that you were digging at Tousi. It seemed more to reinforce my take on it.

Most long-time ADers know Tousi's character well enough to ignore your slams against him. It's too bad you don't appreciate him as well.

Big wheel Obama is about to turn the economy around. Something your little wheel Bush was unable to do. LOL
"Coincidence and likely stories
They dog your trail like a pack of lies
They whine at night when the lights are out
You toss and turn, you pitch and roll
Disinformation, you spin it like a silkworm
Just when I need another point of view
Here you come from nowhere, from over the ways
I stand amazed, I see your greatest hits
They blow back down the chimney into everyone's eyes
Creative thinking in the first degree
You're a three-way mirror of a one-way world
It's a perverse company you work for
They build the past, it just can't last
It's obsolete by design
They send you out rerouting history
To make the same old mistakes in a brand new way
Come out from under cover "

Post 51 certainly didn't help to rectify the impression we got that you were digging at Tousi. It seemed more to reinforce my take on it.

Most long-time ADers know Tousi's character well enough to ignore your slams against him. It's too bad you don't appreciate him as well.

"Coincidence and likely stories
They dog your trail like a pack of lies
They whine at night when the lights are out
You toss and turn, you pitch and roll
Disinformation, you spin it like a silkworm
Just when I need another point of view
Here you come from nowhere, from over the ways
I stand amazed, I see your greatest hits
They blow back down the chimney into everyone's eyes
Creative thinking in the first degree
You're a three-way mirror of a one-way world
It's a perverse company you work for
They build the past, it just can't last
It's obsolete by design
They send you out rerouting history
To make the same old mistakes in a brand new way
Come out from under cover "

Like I said prior: there was no slam intended, and if you will scroll back, you will find that has already been made clear. How can a suggestion that Tousi is living above the poverty line be interpreted as a slam?

Care to post the source for your little bit of poetry? You designated it as a quote, but failed to post your source.

Like I said prior: there was no slam intended, and if you will scroll back, you will find that has already been made clear. How can a suggestion that Tousi is living above the poverty line be interpreted as a slam?

Care to post the source for your little bit of poetry? You designated it as a quote, but failed to post your source.
One of my favorite song writers, Buffy Sainte-Marie.

What is your definition of "working class?"? QUOTE]

anyone working and paying taxes.:D

So how many jobs will that create? How many cars and houses will that buy? How will that stimulate the economy?

Hmm I think we are getting off track right now - Let me first admit that I am not an expert in politics, nor try to pretend to be.
I dont think obama philsophy of cash infusion is to mail checks directly to tax filers would help. He intended to reach a larger base of americans and i quote "hopes it will kickstart the economy". Its the overall amount of money being used, not how much you get.

My original intent of this post is to inform the SSD,SSI,retirees recipcants that they would be able to get thier piece of the stimulus pie. When Obama annouced he not going to follow bush way of trying to kickstart the economy, I felt it was a slap in the face to the SS people. (keep in mind I was working at the time). While it was nice to get a check like a windfall - I saw news in the newspaper that there was still alot of money not claimed due to teh fact taxes wasn't filed or moved or whatever the reason was for not getting the paper checks based on filers. With Obama way- its more immediate and reaches all workers, not just the filers veruses the non-filers.

anyone working and paying taxes.
That's good to know. I'm glad you didn't put a dollar limit on the definition. :P

My original intent of this post is to inform the SSD,SSI,retirees recipcants that they would be able to get thier piece of the stimulus pie.
OK. :)

I read in the paper. Here it says:
Is the Obama Stimulus bill helping us, the deaf?
Yes, when we are talking about Education, Social Security,
Employment and Independent Living.
Details are complicated, but if the bill works well,
then we, the deaf, should be helped in many ways.

So, what do you think of this?

I read in the paper. Here it says:
Is the Obama Stimulus bill helping us, the deaf?
Yes, when we are talking about Education, Social Security,
Employment and Independent Living.
Details are complicated, but if the bill works well,
then we, the deaf, should be helped in many ways.

So, what do you think of this?

It doesn't say anything Sosie, at least nothing concrete for the D/deaf community.

It brings up the obvious questions of Details please? and How?

It doesn't say anything Sosie, at least nothing concrete for the D/deaf community.

It brings up the obvious questions of Details please? and How?

That's why I am asking you all about this.
They did not say anything more specific about this but I read it in the deaf news. That's all they said. I was confused by this. :dunno:

That's why I am asking you all about this.
They did not say anything more specific about this but I read it in the deaf news. That's all they said. I was confused by this. :dunno:

I think you missed the point here. When we get the one time extra 250 buckeroos between now and june, it for spending, saving, paying bills, catching up, or whatever. Its not just for the deaf. Its for everyone on Social security. It could be SSI or SSD or retirement. Last year when bush sent stimulus checks, it was for filers only. Thousands of people never filed for taxes last year even though when the government encouraged them to so they can get the extra cash. This wasn't fair to ALL americains deaf or not. This year Obama has a better idea - reach a broader base of americains. Its obvious that people on SS are more needy the middle and upper brackets of the filers. the stimulus money is only to help the economyin the long run. the money might help the individuals in the short run this spring, thats all.

I think you missed the point here. When we get the one time extra 250 buckeroos between now and june, it for spending, saving, paying bills, catching up, or whatever. Its not just for the deaf. Its for everyone on Social security. It could be SSI or SSD or retirement. Last year when bush sent stimulus checks, it was for filers only. Thousands of people never filed for taxes last year even though when the government encouraged them to so they can get the extra cash. This wasn't fair to ALL americains deaf or not. This year Obama has a better idea - reach a broader base of americains. Its obvious that people on SS are more needy the middle and upper brackets of the filers. the stimulus money is only to help the economyin the long run. the money might help the individuals in the short run this spring, thats all.

Raidoman, the goal of the stimulus bill is to help the economy. There is not a specific goal to help the deaf, or the blind, or anyone in particular. Just the economy.
But, the money is aimed more at people who are poor or middle-class, instead of more money for the rich. (More money for the rich is the way Bush tried to help the economy. That didn't work very well.) Since more disabled people are poor or middle-class, this bill should help them. Also, if the bill helps to create new jobs, the bill will help people who need jobs.
The stimulus bill is not perfect, but it is better than some other options, in my opinion. :dunno:

Raidoman, the goal of the stimulus bill is to help the economy. There is not a specific goal to help the deaf, or the blind, or anyone in particular. Just the economy.
But, the money is aimed more at people who are poor or middle-class, instead of more money for the rich. (More money for the rich is the way Bush tried to help the economy. That didn't work very well.) Since more disabled people are poor or middle-class, this bill should help them. Also, if the bill helps to create new jobs, the bill will help people who need jobs.
The stimulus bill is not perfect, but it is better than some other options, in my opinion. :dunno:

Isn't this what I been saying all along ? :hmm::wave:

I hope this stimulus bill doesn't stimulate any increase for my income taxes. Every month I mail a check of 1/3 of my gross income to the U.S. Treasury. Blah!

Back