socail security stimulus plan

radioman

Premium Member
Reaction score
from the SS wewbsite: Social Security Online - Economic Recovery One-Time Payments Information Page

President Obama recently signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. This act provides for the one-time payment of $250 to individuals who get Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security benefits.
We expect everyone who is entitled to a payment to receive it by late May 2009. No action is required on your part.

We are currently working on the details regarding how we will issue nearly 55 million one-time payments to our beneficiaries.

Oh really? Do Social Security take out taxes to do so? (From the personal SS checks I mean)

The reason I am saying this is due to the fact that I know the SS taxes that working people are putting in now... are paying for the people NOW. So in the future generation with the bail outs and such. Will our middle age generation be able to receive SS when we reach our retirement age. Or is all that a fear mongering thing?

Oh really? Do Social Security take out taxes to do so?

Well, since the realities of Life and Death include taxes, I wouldn't be surprised. Hehe, reminds me of a joke not related to this, tho....

P.S. Not sure if this is making any sense. :P

as far as i know theres no taxes on social security payments.

Well, since the realities of Life and Death include taxes, I wouldn't be surprised. Hehe, reminds me of a joke not related to this, tho....

:lol: Pm me the joke then... I would like to see it.

:lol: Pm me the joke then... I would like to see it.

Awww, heck, it is slow around here so let's go on a by-way fer a sec: People mingling in a funeral home during a wake...people leaving cash in the coffin of the dearly departed....this goes on for a while...finally a smart aleck walks by, takes all of the cash out and leaves a personal check.....:lol:

That's not really how it was told but you get the idea...

as far as i know theres no taxes on social security payments.

When you retire and begin getting monthly benefits AND don't say anything, taxes will not be taken out. When I commenced getting benes when I retired, I told them to take out 15% taxes.....come income tax time, some or all of your benes may be taxed. Here it is three years later and I can tell you that some of mine but not all were, in fact, taxed.

:lol: 2c

I thought this would have been the one.

Got it through an Email.

Thought it was funny...

Social Security

A retired gentleman went into the social security office to apply for Social Security. After waiting in line a long time he got to the counter. The woman behind the counter asked him for his drivers’ license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home.

He told the woman that he was very sorry but he seemed to have left his wallet at home. "Will I have to go home and come back now?" he asks.

The woman says, "Unbutton your shirt."

He opens his shirt revealing lots of curly silver hair.

She says, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me.", and she processes his Social Security application.

When he gets home, the man excitedly tells his wife about his experience at the Social Security office.

She says, "You should have dropped your pants, you might have qualified for disability, too."

:lol: 2c

I thought this would have been the one.

Got it through an Email.

Thought it was funny...

Social Security

A retired gentleman went into the social security office to apply for Social Security. After waiting in line a long time he got to the counter. The woman behind the counter asked him for his drivers’ license to verify his age. He looked in his pockets and realized he had left his wallet at home.

He told the woman that he was very sorry but he seemed to have left his wallet at home. "Will I have to go home and come back now?" he asks.

The woman says, "Unbutton your shirt."

He opens his shirt revealing lots of curly silver hair.

She says, "That silver hair on your chest is proof enough for me.", and she processes his Social Security application.

When he gets home, the man excitedly tells his wife about his experience at the Social Security office.

She says, "You should have dropped your pants, you might have qualified for disability, too."
:giggle::Oops:

ooh ! good one babyblue !!:D

madison is right - total payments comes to just under 14 billion.

55,000,000 people X $250 = $13,750,000,000 ~ rounded up to 14 billion

I never knew that this was part of the stimulus plan from obama. I am not sure if the lawmakers slipped this one in or what. All i know that the majority of the stimulus plan is to provide money to the states and lower the taxes for the working class.

The reason I am saying this is due to the fact that I know the SS taxes that working people are putting in now... are paying for the people NOW. So in the future generation with the bail outs and such. Will our middle age generation be able to receive SS when we reach our retirement age. Or is all that a fear mongering thing?
Good question. Who is paying for the $250 checks?

UncleSam.jpg

I WANT you. T-O-U-S-I !!

from taxpayers, such as you, me or whoever is employee in US.

And from those who have worked every day of their life, paid into the system, and are now living off of less than 1000 a month in retirement benefits.

Hehehe, Kalista

Folks, I stand corrected on the relevant numbers.

Back