So mad I could spit!

Angelus

Reaction score
:pissed:

It isn't easy running your own business. Mine isn't big time or anything but just like everyone else when it's time be paid no one likes to have to wait for their check to come in. :wtf:

So anyways I operate a home daycare; biggest contract was supposed to pay me today for upcoming week. It was to go to rent; hello...DUE NOW:Ohno:

Did she show up today? NO:nono: Did she return my call? :nono: Has she given me any word she is returning? :nono:

I'm not worried about the contract itself but it sure bites to be expecting to be paid and it doesn't happen. :scratch: Would she like it if her boss just forgot to pay her and didn't reply when she asked when she could expect her check?

It's a business and I have to run it like one. Just so much easier to do with parents that think ahead and treat their daycare person (the one their childern spend 10 hours a day with) with some respect...

Ok done complaining.....thanks for the listen. :deal:

That sucks.

What kind of contract is it? Pay at the end of the month contract (she pays on January 1st for December) or pay at the beginning of the month contract (she pays for January on January 1st)?

I agree! You should have monthly contracts, regardless if the child (ren) is/are there or not.

That sucks.

What kind of contract is it? Pay at the end of the month contract (she pays on January 1st for December) or pay at the beginning of the month contract (she pays for January on January 1st)?

Hi: The parents pay in advance for the week(s) of care they desire for the month. They choose to pay weekly, bi- monthly or monthly...but it's due the friday before.

She doesn't owe me anything if she walks; that's why I set it up the way I did. But if she wants to return on Monday and would like to retain her spot; payment is due the friday before care is to take place. All parents agree to/sign/abide by this and thus far we have had no problems with any of the families. But they are required to give me a two week notice if they plan to terminate the contract. If they don't - they don't. But they know it's basic courtesy.

The contract actually is nothing more than boundaries to keep both family and provider working well together for the sake of the child so there's no haggling at any time.

I guess the point is I was counting on this check and she knows it.
It's all good though. I don't want to focus on things I can't control. I just have to wait. She will most likely show up at the door monday. My husband suggested she show up with her check in her hand; or no entrada. :nono:

~A~

Last edited:
my girls aare all back this morning; and payment was made. I did not realize how much i missed the baby..... I think I really missed the kids as well as freaking out about non payment...it was stressful but I am so thankful they are back. I think I don't realize how attached we become to the children we care for.

Angelus

That's the part I hate about private practice ("freelance") interpreting. With some clients I don't know when I'll be paid, and I have to keep bugging them to pay me, even though we have an agreement. Grrr...

Hubby owns his own business, and he has customers who are 30-60 days late with payment, or they claim they "lost" the bill. It's very annoying.

Maybe add a penalty clause for late payments? That's what I would do.

ouch. sometimes it's nice to have muscle men at your side.

624A~Sopranos-Posters.jpg

**It's a pix of Sopranos guys

I LOVE this guys; thanks Joe and Jiro! I so appreciate :giggle: everyone here for being so supportive and reading the thread. Those pics make me laugh :LOL: because my husband Rex is EXACTLY what you described...he definately was the muscleman in this whole thing. He took the check first thing this morning before mom had even left the house; and he ran to the bank.

Love to all and thanks again.

I LOVE this guys; thanks Joe and Jiro! I so appreciate :giggle: everyone here for being so supportive and reading the thread. Those pics make me laugh :LOL: because my husband Rex is EXACTLY what you described...he definately was the muscleman in this whole thing. He took the check first thing this morning before mom had even left the house; and he ran to the bank.

Love to all and thanks again.

LOL that was pretty fast to cash the check but that's the smartest thing to do!

UP FREAKING DATE :noway: She wrote the check in :smash: pencil~! :run: Bank turned it down. :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed: Have to get it re written; and talk to landlord to keep rent from bouncing like a rubber ball......:run: GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

UP FREAKING DATE :noway: She wrote the check in :smash: pencil~! :run: Bank turned it down. :pissed::pissed::pissed::pissed: Have to get it re written; and talk to landlord to keep rent from bouncing like a rubber ball......:run: GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kind of a bad start to your week, huh? :lol:

wtf? I've never heard of anybody writing a check with pencil..... :mad2:

Angelus,

Forgive me for sounding like I have an ax to grind: If I were you, I think this qualifies as an nsl fee, so tack it onto her bill; secondly, you may want to have a plan of action in writing for all clients and their billings and what occurs when payment is late; nsf fees should rule on this payment.

Pencil? The bank should have honored it.

wtf? I've never heard of anybody writing a check with pencil..... :mad2:

Hi gang :) Pete yes you are 100% correct and I do have a late fee policy. I deffo should apply it; and this is where you guys get to see my insecurity undies...I HATE confrontation. ugg...I KNOW I KNOW and some of it stems from the wallflower I became when my hearing started and continued going. NOT an excuse I know,...the rest of it is the dire need for the money.

But you are absolutely correct and it has come to the point that it is definately my own fault for not applying this. I have no more excuses of how nice I am or patient....it has happened so many times it is showing me to be simply fearful.

sigh. What a way to run a business. I would do alot better if I was able to hire a biz manager/collections person.

On the other hand I have creditors who are being really patient with me too....

Ouch!

I do not have a home center but I do work for a pre school program.

No pay no stay.

Hard as it is on the parents. But like you said. The slot for the children have to be paid in order to hold it.

If the parent is making a habit of it simply tell her the child/children can not stay there until her account is paid up to date.

If she has a hard time paying tell her to seek assistant in subsided child care.

Back