So it's getting bad again - Please Read

Roadrunner said:
Done and removed--

What a work-out, 19 in all!

~RR
Theres gotta be a way to detect and black hole that kind of activity. If I only knew how......???

It's gotten to the point where I can't post anything in certain sections without a flood of personal attacks accusing me of saying or doing something I didn't do, or just telling me to "JUST SHUT UP!". I have posted "Good luck with your CI operation" in some threads and get posts accusing me of being a liar.

It would be nice to have discussions on this forum without anyone taking a difference of opinion as a personal attack. It's OK to agree to disagree--it makes the discussion more interesting. But to put another member down because they have less seniority in the world is just immature. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. My opinion is my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Wow Great job, Roadrunner :thumb:
Thank u !

and Thanks to Guido for catching quickly too !
I felt better when Guido post "SCAM" msg just to
let everyone know immediately.
:thumb:

gnulinuxman said:
It's gotten to the point where I can't post anything in certain sections without a flood of personal attacks accusing me of saying or doing something I didn't do, or just telling me to "JUST SHUT UP!". I have posted "Good luck with your CI operation" in some threads and get posts accusing me of being a liar.

It would be nice to have discussions on this forum without anyone taking a difference of opinion as a personal attack. It's OK to agree to disagree--it makes the discussion more interesting. But to put another member down because they have less seniority in the world is just immature. I don't mind people disagreeing with me. My opinion is my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me.

I can understand what you're saying, therefore, those things do need to stop or members will be expecting a 'warning' or even a 'temporary ban' if it doesn't cease. Time to put the 'past' in the 'past' and start anew?!

How hard is it for one to simply agree to disagree and not resort to the belittling or bashing/thrashing upon a member here in AD? It's even easier to not submit a post 'directly' to another member if it isn't nice or to the point of being demanding, etc. Also, there is a function here that members can use...by clicking on the triangular icon that sits below the avatars and filling out a report for further review and if any 'action' is needed.

~RR

Roadrunner said:
I can understand what you're saying, therefore, those things do need to stop or members will be expecting a 'warning' or even a 'temporary ban' if it doesn't cease. Time to put the 'past' in the 'past' and start anew?! How hard is it for one to simply agree to disagree and not resort to the belittling or bashing/thrashing upon a member here in AD? It's even easier to not submit a post 'directly' to another member if it isn't nice or to the point of being demanding, etc. Also, there is a function here that members can use...by clicking on the triangular icon that sits below the avatars and filling out a report for further review and if any 'action' is needed.
~RR
OK BIG DISCLAIMER HERE. I am by no means perfect and I am guilty of making mistakes just like everyone else. Having said that, these are some things that I try to do (or not do). These are just things that work for me that I thought I would share.

I try to refrain from making generalizations so as not to sterotype or offend anyone. I wait until I have a clear head before responding to something that has pushed my buttons. I always try to stay on the "high road". I am not quick to hit the "submit reply" button. I take a step back and re-read what I have written to make sure I am not being malicious. If a post accidently gets out that I realize was wrong, I apologize. And the new one that I have to work on is; Keep my warped sense of humor out of threads that are not intended to be funny.

rockdrummer said:
OK BIG DISCLAIMER HERE. I am by no means perfect and I am guilty of making mistakes just like everyone else. Having said that, these are some things that I try to do (or not do). These are just things that work for me that I thought I would share.

I try to refrain from making generalizations so as not to sterotype or offend anyone. I wait until I have a clear head before responding to something that has pushed my buttons. I always try to stay on the "high road". I am not quick to hit the "submit reply" button. I take a step back and re-read what I have written to make sure I am not being malicious. If a post accidently gets out that I realize was wrong, I apologize. And the new one that I have to work on is; Keep my warped sense of humor out of threads that are not intended to be funny.

Rock on! :thumb: errr...Drum on!! :lol:

Roadrunner said:
It's like...words can be just that, empty and void...with no real desire intent to really bid him well (to RS).

Although, if you meant well, then that is good and productive for members to 'see'. Otherwise, if it wasn't or was done in a form of being manipulative, then that's something that doesn't belong in here.

As for Alldeaf, and all its members, we're here to either support or encourage one another, bluntly put, if none can be given, then refrain from submitting or contributing within a thread that will or could bring about others to pipe in which in turn gets out of hand and thus, gets a thread closed.

And just like 'Rome' wasn't built in one day, certain attitudes can't be changed around in one day likewise...indeed, it does take effort to willingly help make a difference whereas each one of us within this community can be much grateful for despite the indifference of ideals, opinions, etc.,...that's what can make all of us unique as a community...and with one another also. ;)

AMEN to you Roadrunner, wiser words were never spoken!!!! I agree with Alex and Roadrunner. Alldeaf, is the most wonderful forum that has been developed. We come from all different parts of the world, but, yet, we come together in friendship, love and respect for each other!!!! Some of us have never met face to face before, but, we have become more like family!!! We are here to support each other, give advice, laugh, cry, be happy, be sad. Today for example, someone is getting married, some has a birthday. This is what Alldeaf is all about celebrations, lending a shoulder, giving a holler, but, most importantly let's be kind to each other, let's respect each other. If we agree, then that's great!!! If we disagree, then let's disagree with maturity. Alex has done an awesome job in getting Alldeaf to where it is today, let's not spoil it with bashing and hurtful words. Alex's Moderators work hard to keep this forum together, let's not waste all this hard work. Let's be here on AD for each other, whether we like each other or not, there are lessons to be learn today about humanity.

Oh by the way, here's another group hug :grouphug:

Oh and C.C.? I will take that big bucket of popcorn, but, with lots and lots of butter, because I have a feeling this thread will have a great ending!!!

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Roadrunner said:
I can understand what you're saying, therefore, those things do need to stop or members will be expecting a 'warning' or even a 'temporary ban' if it doesn't cease. Time to put the 'past' in the 'past' and start anew?!

How hard is it for one to simply agree to disagree and not resort to the belittling or bashing/thrashing upon a member here in AD? It's even easier to not submit a post 'directly' to another member if it isn't nice or to the point of being demanding, etc. Also, there is a function here that members can use...by clicking on the triangular icon that sits below the avatars and filling out a report for further review and if any 'action' is needed.

~RR
Oh, yeah, I use this button whenever people it's just harassment. I don't mind people disagreeing with me at all. This would be boring if people agreed with me all the time--there would be nothing to discuss. ;)

CODAchild said:
AMEN to you Roadrunner, wiser words were never spoken!!!! I agree with Alex and Roadrunner. Alldeaf, is the most wonderful forum that has been developed. We come from all different parts of the world, but, yet, we come together in friendship, love and respect for each other!!!! Some of us have never met face to face before, but, we have become more like family!!! We are here to support each other, give advice, laugh, cry, be happy, be sad. Today for example, someone is getting married, some has a birthday. This is what Alldeaf is all about celebrations, lending a shoulder, giving a holler, but, most importantly let's be kind to each other, let's respect each other. If we agree, then that's great!!! If we disagree, then let's disagree with maturity. Alex has done an awesome job in getting Alldeaf to where it is today, let's not spoil it with bashing and hurtful words. Alex's Moderators work hard to keep this forum together, let's not waste all this hard work. Let's be here on AD for each other, whether we like each other or not, there are lessons to be learn today about humanity.

Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

That's wonderful ! That's a great positive approach !!!!
:ily: :hug:

Agree!
One of the guys told me to shut up and etc ... All I was trying to be nice and friendly! Plus Many have reported on one specific person but nothing has happened! I don't like when it keeps going like that.

Dino65 said:
Agree!
One of the guys told me to shut up and etc ... All I was trying to be nice and friendly! Plus Many have reported on one specific person but nothing has happened! I don't like when it keeps going like that.
Exactly. Disagreeing is one thing, but telling people who disagree to "JUST SHUT UP!" because they disagree is just rude and childish.

Last edited:
There's all time in the world... why rush replying to a post?

Listen....What you just posted on here isn't very professional of you... You are suppose to be making sure things go smooth and your not setting a good example.. I prefer that the MODS who update new announcements on here should make it professorial. But otherwise.... It's a tasteless thread... I know there has been a lot of drama going on here recently but there is always a way to stop them... But by posting this thread isn't going anywhere.

It's my two cent

Back