So I went for CI testing...

Hey Nick, good luck. I hope it all works out for you. I am sure it will all go well.

My surgery is scheduled for September 10 at 130. I am really excited now! Just wanted to update everyone.

You move fast,hope your recovery is fast also, again nothing to fear and well worth doing if you have any doubts.

Wish you the best.

Whoopee... thats great, excatly 8 weeks after mine!

Was activicated yesterday, totally weird but could hear something.... Traffic, busy places (lots of noises), wind (it was very windy today) I am in awe with it all...

Have great journey.... you can do it...

I went with the AB based on the fit. The rechargeable batteries and the good customer support I had when I contacted the company for info and follow up questions. Cochlear sent me the info pack but would take days to get back to me when I sent them questions. AB would answer usually within a day if not less and I liked that. I didn't pick med el because I was afraid I would lose the remote but I loved how the processor fit on my ear.

Tie the remote on a string and put it around yer neck lol . Or a chain to yer back pocket. I waited till technology made the remote possible for the CI so I not have to mess with switches and buttons behind my ear.

Good luck with the sugery and recovery and CI journey buddy...

Tie the remote on a string and put it around yer neck lol . Or a chain to yer back pocket. I waited till technology made the remote possible for the CI so I not have to mess with switches and buttons behind my ear.

Good luck with the sugery and recovery and CI journey buddy...

That could be the making of a tv ad--very funny.

Whoopee... thats great, excatly 8 weeks after mine!

Was activicated yesterday, totally weird but could hear something.... Traffic, busy places (lots of noises), wind (it was very windy today) I am in awe with it all...

Have great journey.... you can do it...

thats awesome news u just got activated otp, I think in next few months you will have it mapped well and doing great.

Nick, way to go man, I as well as everybody else will be waiting to hear some updates.

Accessories for Sale for the Nifty Remote

That could be the making of a tv ad--very funny.

Maybe I should go in biz to make accessories for the remote .. Chains, ropes, keychains, clip on. KC want to be my marketer ?

Smile

That's just awesome Nick, congrats! Hopefully I'll be right behind ya. Please post many updates!

I haven't received any orders yet

smile

NickC you holding up okay ? any nightmares going under the knife ?

Hang in there buddy

I haven't received any orders yet

smile

NickC you holding up okay ? any nightmares going under the knife ?

Hang in there buddy

I did ok with the surgery I put up a blog about it on here CI Borg

I have some pics and things on there too (dont enlgarge the last one) The main problems I am having now are sore muscles and a sore throat. I put up a helluva fight in the OR apparently. :)

I have some pics and things on there too (dont enlgarge the last one) The main problems I am having now are sore muscles and a sore throat. I put up a helluva fight in the OR apparently. :)

Nick, that happened so fast! Seems like yesterday you were saying you're a candidate and they got you in for surgery so quickly! I'm waiting for my surgery date now, hope I get in as fast as you did! I'm getting nervous though! Well good luck to ya! And I tried to follow your blog but I couldn't find the link for it, I'm not sure if I was looking in the right place though. Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon and I look forward to reading your updates!

Nick, that happened so fast! Seems like yesterday you were saying you're a candidate and they got you in for surgery so quickly! I'm waiting for my surgery date now, hope I get in as fast as you did! I'm getting nervous though! Well good luck to ya! And I tried to follow your blog but I couldn't find the link for it, I'm not sure if I was looking in the right place though. Anyway, hope you're feeling better soon and I look forward to reading your updates!

It did happen fast, if you clicked on the link in my message or in signature you should have been in the right place, it should have pictures of me looking very under the influence of pain pills right at the start :) Please keep us posted on your surgery date, I got mine so fast because I told them if anyone cancelled to let me take it as I was ready and it paid off. They told me at the hospital that they will get cancellations especially with children due to ear infections and things so keep that in mind too. Good luck to you Sunryze, I just cant wait to get it turned on!

Bet you lost the fight in the OR lol. I only took 3 pain pills out of the whole bottle. Yep the dizziness is a pain in the neck and motion will make you wanna puke. I used 2 hiking sticks as crutches for a few days outside. Especially to make sure i didnt't bump into things like the mailbox lol. Hopefully things will get better for you buddy. Don't try to be no super CI Borg hero.

Where is your coil located ?

Mine is right on top of my ear. Not half way around the skull like some of the other folks I have seen.

Back