Skyscrapers in other countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
150? Didn't we know that Burj Dubai will have 162 floors? Maybe they are still hiding more stuff that we need to know lol :lol:

150? Didn't we know that Burj Dubai will have 162 floors? Maybe they are still hiding more stuff that we need to know lol :lol:

I said "it is now at 150th floor" it means it's still under construction. It hasn't topped out yet.

How long do you reckon it would take? 2 hours?

Well I am not sure if this one is similar but I have been seeing Seoul, South Korea and Tokyo, Japan seems much similar. They both was divided by administered areas, they both have too many different skylines so people can't really take picture whole of the city, they both have over 8 million people, have similar density look buildings massive crowdly around the city, and Seoul has the largest population in the world with over 10 million people in the city and Tokyo was the world largest metropolitian area in the world and its metro population was 33 million which are the highest in the world.

Seoul, South Korea

Seoul_nighview.jpg

Tokyo, Japan

tokyo.JPG

Excellent comparison! :) Anyone else?

What are their goal to reach more than 150 floors? 200?

They said they will have 162 but there is talk of having more floors to be added but not officially
yet.
160 floors, I think. They got about 10 floors or so to go.

Wrong. Burj Dubai is two-third way to top off. That means more than ten stories.

imgaine it is 200 and it takes a long time to go up there by lift. :eek3:

Actually, Dubai have a proposed mega-tall, Al Burj that will have over 200 stories tall. Here is the rendering of Al Burj.
al-burj-tower.jpg

Burj Dubai is two-third way to top off. That means more than ten stories.

:P, if you read carefully. "I think" and "or so" it means that I'm not exactly sure how many floors left to go. ;)

Actually, Dubai have a proposed mega-tall, Al Burj that will have over 200 stories tall. Here is the rendering of Al Burj.
al-burj-tower.jpg

I wouldn't count on proposed buildings, it CAN be never built or can be built, you never know. I don't count them unless they have started the construction. ;)

I wouldn't count on proposed buildings, it CAN be never built or can be built, you never know. I don't count them unless they have started the construction. ;)

LOL! We will see about that! :) In Dubai, anything is possible. Dubai is kind of city with attitude like OKAY! NO PROBLEM! LET BUILD IT! That is why Dubai is extremely out of control with constructions and explosive population growth (800 people moving to Dubai daily).

LOL! We will see about that! :) In Dubai, anything is possible. Dubai is kind of city with attitude like OKAY! NO PROBLEM! LET BUILD IT! That is why Dubai is extremely out of control with constructions and explosive population growth (800 people moving to Dubai daily).

Yeah, I think it's possible it will happen. I wonder what's the ratio of approving it and building those skyscrapers in Dubai, probably at least 90 percent? 200 floors is gonna be a crazy one when it is ever built!

Yeah, I think it's possible it will happen. I wonder what's the ratio of approving it and building those skyscrapers in Dubai, probably at least 90 percent? 200 floors is gonna be a crazy one when it is ever built!

Good question. I am not sure about that.

There is a developer that wants to build world's next tallest building that will have over 200 stories tall in USA. He haven't decide which US cities to build at yet. He is thinking about Los Angeles or Houston or Chicago. He said it will be over 3,000 feet tall. I am not sure it would get built because USA's FAA restriction limit to 2,000 feet tall at nationwide. I hope he will win and build it in USA.

Good question. I am not sure about that.

There is a developer that wants to build world's next tallest building that will have over 200 stories tall in USA. He haven't decide which US cities to build at yet. He is thinking about Los Angeles or Houston or Chicago. He said it will be over 3,000 feet tall. I am not sure it would get built because USA's FAA restriction limit to 2,000 feet tall at nationwide. I hope he will win and build it in USA.

Yeah, we will see about that. I hope it will be either Houston or Chicago, NO LA! Their skyline in LA is so ulgy! They need to start with bunch of nice looking towers in LA then they can get a supertall later.

Yeah, we will see about that. I hope it will be either Houston or Chicago, NO LA! Their skyline in LA is so ulgy! They need to start with bunch of nice looking towers in LA then they can get a supertall later.

I agree. Los Angeles doesn't deserve this mega tall building at all. I rather to see it to get built in Chicago or Houston. I am more leaning toward to Chicago because Chicago already have a mega-tall under construction right now. It would help balance Chicago skyline better with high diversity of height of skyscrapers. As for Houston... It would be somewhat look funny to have skyscrapers with one pop up out of nowhere just like William Tower in Galleria area of Houston.

I agree. Los Angeles doesn't deserve this mega tall building at all. I rather to see it to get built in Chicago or Houston. I am more leaning toward to Chicago because Chicago already have a mega-tall under construction right now. It would help balance Chicago skyline better with high diversity of height of skyscrapers. As for Houston... It would be somewhat look funny to have skyscrapers with one pop up out of nowhere just like William Tower in Galleria area of Houston.

Yeah, I believe Chicago would be the best choice. Houston just needs more skyscrapers to fill out the spot and it'll look better, not those sprawling skyscrapers they have today. :lol:

Yeah, I believe Chicago would be the best choice. Houston just needs more skyscrapers to fill out the spot and it'll look better, not those sprawling skyscrapers they have today. :lol:

Yeah. Houston got no zoning which is why they got sprawling of skyscrapers. You can build a skyscraper next to the suburban homes and they can't object to it because of no zoning law exist in Houston.

I love this skyscraper, Enron Tower 1 & 2 in downtown Houston.

Picture017.jpg

content_1619_1048585070.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back