skunks

Liebling:-))) said:
Of course I do beleive you because I heard alot about this but I never experience in my life like this... what smelly alike...

Can you describe me what smelly alike?

It hard to discribed it but it make you wanta to pinch your nose and run for your life.

AW aint that cute? Lucia Loves skunks. If you have a black cat Lucia just paint it a white stripe like Pepe Le Phew does to all the black cats and fall in love with em?
pepe_le_pew.jpg

Lucia --->
pepe.jpg
<---Me :)

If you do get sprayed by a skunk, just take a tomato bath. ;)

VamPyroX said:
If you do get sprayed by a skunk, just take a tomato bath. ;)

Explain to me how in the world can a tomato bath work only if you get sprayed by a skunk?? Sounds pretty stupid to me

I've seen plenty of skunks in my life. I smelled them occassionally, it smells sort of like rotten dead body. Yes, smell very terrible. Ugh! Ewww! Very difficult to get rid of odor anywhere if skunk(s) already have sprayed around (outside). In California and Colorado have alot of skunks.

Tomatoes have acid which somehow takes some of the skunk smell out. It works! My dog got sprayed in the face by a skunk and my mom told me to put tomato paste on the dog. So I "shampooed" the dog with tomato paste and it helped reduce the smell to more managable level but it took 3 days for the smell to go away completely. By the way, my nose is "dead" and Ive been asked by friends if I smell the skunk around and I tell them no. One of the benfits of having a dead sense of smell. :D

sillycat said:
Tomatoes have acid which somehow takes some of the skunk smell out. It works! My dog got sprayed in the face by a skunk and my mom told me to put tomato paste on the dog. So I "shampooed" the dog with tomato paste and it helped reduce the smell to more managable level but it took 3 days for the smell to go away completely. By the way, my nose is "dead" and Ive been asked by friends if I smell the skunk around and I tell them no. One of the benfits of having a dead sense of smell. :D

Awwwwwwww so that mean you can smell a pretty flowers??

I never seen a skunk I hope that stays that way! and what more I saw a possum (sp) in backyard few time I was like wtf? oh well.. glad it doesn't bother my cat.. :lol:

Yes, Tomatoes DOES remove the odor from Skunk, because Tomatoes is so acidic removes the odor, but not hurting any skins like most acidic stuff do.

Wondering what it does smell... Of course it STINKS! But give you an example what it would smell, not exact same but very similiar to what? BURNT PLASTIC!!! If you throw plastic in fire and smell it, it smells close to that... not exact same. And if skunk sprays hard on your skin, it DOES stings!

sillycat said:

Same as my mom's dog caught by the skunk so she had to wash her dog by with the tomatoes for one week to make sure no more smell and also wash the whold her house cause of her dog to keep active walk around alots so my mom is tried to keep her dog to stay still!!! only 3 yrs old . :) it was last year :)

Just a thought to have you take a look at this - It's a website explaining how to get rid of the Skunks and also there's informations on how to get rid of the smell too. I hope this will be much of a help.

How to Get Rid of Skunks

Hey, if you see a skunk, why not give her a good bath, and she will be odour free????

Back