skunks

jlfwildkat said:
Cute? oh please not the kind of pet I want rather they are de-scented or not. ahaha

Hahaha...well pet skunks aren't for everyone.

LuciaDisturbed said:
Actually the tomato juice remedy is a myth.

YES it does work! my dog have been sprayed by skunk before.. i had to give him tomato juice baths.. it DOES work.. im telling you.. yes! :)

its not a myth!

jlfwildkat said:
I think that woman lost her mind pet skunks? I guess if she smells like the skunks herself. It wouldn't bother her much then eh?

I learned from my old teacher told me and the students that if someone want to have pet skunks then the vet take the smell out from skunks' smell then keep as pet no smells not know what is the name of but something like remove the smell then keep as pets :)

LuciaDisturbed said:
Actually the tomato juice remedy is a myth.

It is work with tomatoes to wash off from skunk's smell. My mom already washed off on her dog's smell from skunk and it works!!! no more smell again.

Tomatoes juice it work to wash off and I am not sure about ketchup too :) .. Others like dishsoap, soap, etc doesnt work only Tomatoes juice that is all :)

DeafMonkey said:
I learned from my old teacher told me and the students that if someone want to have pet skunks then the vet take the smell out from skunks' smell then keep as pet no smells not know what is the name of but something like remove the smell then keep as pets :)

That's called de-scented.

LuciaDisturbed said:
I don't live out in the country, and my damn front door still gets sprayed by a skunk?!

I've been smelling some strange smell for the last hour or so, it was faint but I was in my bedroom when I began smelling it. Then when I went out in the kitchen to get something, that's when the scent really hit me (my door is in my kitchen). Holy shit. The scent is strong. I didn't realize that it was a skunk til then.

Ugh.

I'm not opening the fucking door and I'm calling maintenance in the morning to make sure there is not a dead skunk in front of my door. I do not want to get sprayed if the skunk (dead or alive) is still in front of my door.

I'm not amused.

Damn you...I am laughing sooo hard ...tears rolls down on my cheeks...
:rofl: :rofl: :tears:
SxyPorkie

I heard alot about skunks but I never have any experience with them... wow interesting thread here...

Question:
If skunks spray on you then you get smelly... Right? How long it will take smelly over? As what the posts mentioned about tomatoe juices helps to remove smelly...

Lucia, I doesn't mean laugh at you but I laugh after read your way of description how you act ... :rofl:

You guys are funny.. haha...

It happened to us few times.. our shoes smelled awful and it was skunk.. how? we tend to go for walk old railroad trail that they paved for biking, walking, & hiking etc.. some of kids walking down ditchs or our backyard.. walked on grass or weeds.. thats where skunk sprayed couple hours ago or night before..

its hard to rid of the smell so i just leave it outside by door step.. :/

skunk... I never see one in real life as I would like to sniff to see how bad the smell really is!!

badger-photo.jpg

We have some badgers in the UK, it is very rare to see one, as it don't smell at all, since badger looks like a skunk in photos?

Opal said:
skunk... I never see one in real life as I would like to sniff to see how bad the smell really is!!

badger-photo.jpg

We have some badgers in the UK, it is very rare to see one, as it don't smell at all, since badger looks like a skunk in photos?

Me, too... :D

I only saw them is in Zoo.

I've seen skunks around here...MF HUGE!! My friend used to live close by our old apt. (that time I was pregnant) and saw the skunk under back porch steps..He said SHYT! Damn skunks are under the steps!!! I laughed but kept cool. SO I've seen them around here during mating season...I wouldn't go near them! EWWWWWWWWWWW!

I hope the maintenece take care of it ASAP, Lucia!

Opal said:

badger-photo.jpg

Badger hmm never see that before eheheh it is not same as skunk! :lol:

skunk2.gif

This one is a bit different but it is a skunk

it is called SPOTTED skunk. I never seen that kind before but a friend of mine told me she did.

spottedskunk.jpg

Liebling:-))) said:
Me, too... :D

I only saw them is in Zoo.

Believe me, you dont want to know what it smell like. It was so horrible and wanted to run away so bad.

My dog *deceased* used to chase the shunk, really I mean chasing it. Then she get smelling all the times. Especially in the summer time. Aurghhhhhhhhhh!!! Dang dog. I had to close my bedroom window real quick.

One time I saw a guy walking up and down the street and had a shunk on his shoulder. Yea yea I ran away.

Tomato juice Myth or No Myth

It's not a myth, but it also is NOT the best remedy for being sprayed by a skunk. I read somewhere that it's actually better to wash the offending odor with a solution of peroxide and bleach, I believe. You can also use white vinegar as a subsitute for the peroxide.

http://www.acmehowto.com/howto/pest/skunk-smell.php

Lucia, did you call maintenance yet?

LakeTahoe said:
This one is a bit different but it is a skunk

it is called SPOTTED skunk. I never seen that kind before but a friend of mine told me she did.

spottedskunk.jpg

awww very beautiful color.... I would love to cuddle that cute face... Unfortunlately I has to beleive all of you what bad experience, you had with them...

horselover61 said:
Believe me, you dont want to know what it smell like. It was so horrible and wanted to run away so bad.

My dog *deceased* used to chase the shunk, really I mean chasing it. Then she get smelling all the times. Especially in the summer time. Aurghhhhhhhhhh!!! Dang dog. I had to close my bedroom window real quick.

One time I saw a guy walking up and down the street and had a shunk on his shoulder. Yea yea I ran away.

Of course I do beleive you because I heard alot about this but I never experience in my life like this... what smelly alike...

Can you describe me what smelly alike?

Liebling:-))) said:
Of course I do beleive you because I heard alot about this but I never experience in my life like this... what smelly alike...

Can you describe me what smelly alike?

All my life i had seen skunks pets or wild,,, they are beautiful but the smell are horrible i want to puke... they would get angry and stomp its foot few times and has tails up then spray....
SxyPorkie

Back