SK2 vs. MDA

Hmm It's up to you. I like T-Mobile MDA cuz afford Plan but slow internet.

Wireless XV6700 is very faster internet than GSM network if you have EVDO coverage but pricy for PLAN.

Neo said:
Hmm It's up to you. I like T-Mobile MDA cuz afford Plan but slow internet.

Wireless XV6700 is very faster internet than GSM network if you have EVDO coverage but pricy for PLAN.

r u serious? have u tried it before? I think internet with EDGE would more faster than DSL and less fast than boardband.

Trippla and Neo,

Thanks guys for your answers.

I will hold for a while. There is not enough info from AD people using new wireless pagers. I understand that they are a bit more expensive and came out new products this year. I will wait a bit longer...

Thanks.

Mookie said:
Trippla and Neo,

I will hold for a while. There is not enough info from AD people using new wireless pagers. I understand that they are a bit more expensive and came out new products this year. I will wait a bit longer...

Thanks.

Does it can exchange the old sidekick into MDA for less cost?

TrippLA said:
r u serious? have u tried it before? I think internet with EDGE would more faster than DSL and less fast than boardband.

What in Sam's hill are you saying?!?!

EDGE is fast as dial-up.

EVDO is almost half fast as DSL.

EDGE said:
What in Sam's hill are you saying?!?!

EDGE is fast as dial-up.

EVDO is almost half fast as DSL.

258!...

Hey Edge, isn't a time for you to change your new nickname to EVDO?

You still dial slowly?

Mookie said:
258!...

You still dial slowly?

EDGE technology (short for Enhanced Data for Global Evolution) offers download speeds 100-130 kilobits per second.

EV-DO (Evolution-Data Optimized) technology offers download speeds around 400 to 700 kilobits per second.

UMTS/HSDPA provides download speeds up to 550 to 1100 kilobits per second, which is as fast as most wired broadband connections.

UMTS/ WCDMA provides download 220 - 320 speeds up to kilobits per second.

I have thought to buy MDA but tmobile in my area weak and cost to buy, that LG the V or V9800 I saw deafpager for 99.00 after rebate for individual plan of 39.99 (i will must add 20.00 for txt/pix messaging as well) or at verizonwireless and at store there's buy one and get another for free family plan of 69.99 (again add 20.00) I compare family plan less cost monthly then individual plan :dunno:

Mookie said:
258!...

You still dial slowly?

funny, I am still on Nokia with EDGE. :P
I may either interest on Treo 700p, Motorola Q or Nokia E70 with EvDO or UMTS.

Mookie said:
Trippla and Neo,

Thanks.

I still have sidekick 1 since june 2004. I rather wait until MDA technology improvement. I would purchase MDA. I will be using alot of internet relate to my work emails. My concern about the internet on MDA is very slow download.

Kalista said:
I still have sidekick 1 since june 2004. I rather wait until MDA technology improvement. I would purchase MDA. I will be using alot of internet relate to my work emails. My concern about the internet on MDA is very slow download.

Yep, only if MDA downloads supersize bytes. It is much different than any Sidekick versions...

I would have to wait for SK3. Maybe it is same costs for the product and data service....

Mookie said:
Yep, only if MDA downloads supersize bytes. It is much different than any Sidekick versions...

I would have to wait for SK3. Maybe it is same costs for the product and data service....

When will they release SK3 in State of Massachusetts ?

FreeWoman77 said:
I have thought to buy MDA but tmobile in my area weak and cost to buy, that LG the V or V9800 I saw deafpager for 99.00 after rebate for individual plan of 39.99 (i will must add 20.00 for txt/pix messaging as well) or at verizonwireless and at store there's buy one and get another for free family plan of 69.99 (again add 20.00) I compare family plan less cost monthly then individual plan :dunno:

Why do you need LG VX9800 (Multimedia Phone)? It may not show CC. You really depend on stereo?

I think you may need to check this post on this thread. I know that Verizon Wireless XV6700 may look alike but little different version.

Good luck.

DefMATRIXense said:
you cant compare MDA vs Sk2.. You have to compare SK3 vs MDA

Yeah, I know. I started this thread last February of 2006.

Right now, I am forward to looking for new info about SK3...

Mookie said:
Thanks but LiveJournal does not show much proofs that MDA sucks. Of course, MDA costs more than SK2. What is the cost for SK3?

yeah but one of the people on there, under comments works directly with Tmobile and she/he said that they've been getting MDA's back because customers were not satisified with them.

DefMATRIXense said:
you cant compare MDA vs Sk2.. You have to compare SK3 vs MDA
either of these, cannot compare well. :)

SK series are use data to feed on AIM while MDA use SMS tech like text-message transfer to AIM.

SilverPanda said:
yeah but one of the people on there, under comments works directly with Tmobile and she/he said that they've been getting MDA's back because customers were not satisified with them.

Yeah, I have heard about virus invading to any MDA. That's why it has Microsoft software. Who knows if that would not happen again because of new upgraded version... :cool:

Back