Similarities in ASL Signs

I really don't like it when someone says, "No problem" when I say thank you.

The only time I feel that it's appropriate to say "no problem" is when someone is apologizing for something or when someone is thanking you for something that really was a problem or an annoyance but you don't want them to feel bad.

I really don't like it when someone says, "No problem" when I say thank you.

The only time I feel that it's appropriate to say "no problem" is when someone is apologizing for something or when someone is thanking you for something that really was a problem or an annoyance but you don't want them to feel bad.

There are countless ways of replying to a thank you... I just listed a few. It all depends on the situation.

There are countless ways of replying to a thank you... I just listed a few. It all depends on the situation.

I was responding to Reba's post and links, which I agree wholeheartedly with.

"No problem" is rarely and acceptable way to respond to "Thank you" IMO. (And to be clear, I'm talking about voice/English. Not ASL)

hmmm...as a child i was taught a combo sign for you're welcome. it looks like thank-you and welcome into one smooth movement. I have used that sign in front of deaf people and no one said anything.

I was responding to Reba's post and links, which I agree wholeheartedly with.

"No problem" is rarely and acceptable way to respond to "Thank you" IMO. (And to be clear, I'm talking about voice/English. Not ASL)

As a hearing person, I agree with you. I don't know why it is so hard to respond (referring here to spoken English, not ASL) with "You're welcome" when someone says "thank you".

Back