Signs placed in sexual predators' yards

rockin'robin

Reaction score
STARKE, Fla. -
The Bradford County Sheriff's Office begins a new effort to warn the public about sexual predators in their communities.

This week, deputies are putting up bright red notification signs at the homes of sexual predators.

Sheriff Gordon Smith placed the first sign outside Sean Starling's home in Starke. It reads: "Sean Starling is a convicted sexual predator and lives at this location."

Deputies said they are putting up 18 signs at the homes of convicted sexual predators in the county.

So far, reaction to the signs has been positive.

Signs placed in sexual predators' yards | News - Home

Whats sad is they will be run off to a small town where nobody knows them and live quietly under the radar or a cabin in the woods never to be seen again til caught again. The preditors know they are being targeted so they will find a way to hide from the general public although they do need to register wherever they move to.... Not going to really stop them, just create problems elsewhere.

Whats sad is they will be run off to a small town where nobody knows them and live quietly under the radar or a cabin in the woods never to be seen again til caught again. The preditors know they are being targeted so they will find a way to hide from the general public although they do need to register wherever they move to.... Not going to really stop them, just create problems elsewhere.
Wherever there is cheap rent there they are.

Wirelessly posted

Florida State Prison is in Starke. I live near that town. Folks around here said the main purpose for a big red sign is, kids can see it and know to stay away. Most people go online to check if any preditors live in the area. The signs makes where people know and stay away. Bradford county is a rural county but they do not have pitchforks and torches out. Give us country folks some credit.

Let's have a lynch party there. We have the god given right to do away with these people even if we do not know thier exact crime. Let's be judge , jury and executioners. Just because they got out of jail isn't good enough

I have a great idea. Why not just put the predators in jail for LIFE?
I'm sorry but rapists and pedophiles cannot reform at ALL.

There is a bad thing that happens here that I really question- you can be a 17 yr old and be involved with a 15 yr. old and end up on that list for many years. The exact letter of the law gets enforced by pissed off parents and puts a burden on the guy that is absurd as the years pass and she is 25 and he is 27. That kind of thing. On the same list with the violent pedophile rapist. Maybe with a red sign on his lawn now?

There is a bad thing that happens here that I really question- you can be a 17 yr old and be involved with a 15 yr. old and end up on that list for many years. The exact letter of the law gets enforced by pissed off parents and puts a burden on the guy that is absurd as the years pass and she is 25 and he is 27. That kind of thing. On the same list with the violent pedophile rapist. Maybe with a red sign on his lawn now?

if you in uk then that would not happen and i sure in states your cops are one degree up from oinking....a few years are accepted in case like you sight...if on otherhand she/ he was below 12 and 17yr old knew it then yes he would get book thrown at him

You beat me to it on this point! I was also in the middle of eating and reading and didn't post when I first saw this thread.

Is there any provision anywhere for getting these kinds of cases off the list?

Wirelessly posted

Florida State Prison is in Starke. I live near that town. Folks around here said the main purpose for a big red sign is, kids can see it and know to stay away. Most people go online to check if any preditors live in the area. The signs makes where people know and stay away. Bradford county is a rural county but they do not have pitchforks and torches out. Give us country folks some credit.

It's pretty complicated language for a kid to read isn't it? and how many kids know what "sexual predator" means?

Let's have a lynch party there. We have the god given right to do away with these people even if we do not know thier exact crime. Let's be judge , jury and executioners. Just because they got out of jail isn't good enough

And then what when your neighbors decide you've done something they don't like?

Yup, this is true.

Statistically not true, 80% of them didn't re-commit after leaving prison while other crimes re-commit more than sex crimes.

Did you know that there was serial rapist that finally got caught in State of Maine after 34 years on the run and return to Massachusetts. The problem right now is in the last 34 years he had not done single crime other than carrying firearms. He helped neighbor who is lady shoveling her sidewalks, helping other people. Even worked installing the telephone cabling inside police departments. Now, he is in court, should he be thrown in jail after 34 years of no crimes committed?

This is something, I would give him second chance to prove that he is not going to re-commit.

I have a great idea. Why not just put the predators in jail for LIFE?
I'm sorry but rapists and pedophiles cannot reform at ALL.

I personally know a person who was busted for sex crime. Im making this story vague because of privacy issues and respect his privacy. I know what exactly happened, and the law made it sounds as if he is creepy but really he is not. He ended up thrown in jail. This made me re-think about sex laws, I think United States have gone too far in some areas.

Just like a guy who is now 18 years old and had girlfriend from High school who is 17, poor that guy got thrown in jail and label as sex offender for the rest of life. Is that proper Justice? I don't think so!

And finally, what boils me down is that a guy (18 years old) who had sex with 5 months old baby gets sentence minimum of only 10 years. I was like WTF? He deserves lifetime imprisonment because 5 months old babies can not protect themselves and he took advantage of it. It proves me that law is not eventually applied justice.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/sex-offender-statistics/

http://www.csom.org/pubs/mythsfacts.html

The problem Im seeing this as it actually encourage negative consequences when we advertise who is sex offenders. Which that means any sex offenders is gonna have hard time find job, hard time to have a living so these ex offenders would even more tempted to do other crimes to support themselves.

Wirelessly posted

You guys dont get it. The signs are NOT put in sex offenders yards. They are being put up on Sexual Predators yards. Big difference. Predator is much more violent and repeated rape or offense.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

Oc318 said:
Babyblue said:

It's pretty complicated language for a kid to read isn't it? and how many kids know what "sexual predator" means?

Thats why the sign is red. Small children cant read Mcdonalds but they sure know what the golden arch is. Kids are visual. Red means stop or danger. By the way small children should not be left unsupervised. This sign is something most school age kids can read. Parents can also tell children what that sign mean.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

diehardbiker said:
I personally know a person who was busted for sex crime. Im making this story vague because of privacy issues and respect his privacy. I know what exactly happened, and the law made it sounds as if he is creepy but really he is not. He ended up thrown in jail. This made me re-think about sex laws, I think United States have gone too far in some areas.

Just like a guy who is now 18 years old and had girlfriend from High school who is 17, poor that guy got thrown in jail and label as sex offender for the rest of life. Is that proper Justice? I don't think so!

And finally, what boils me down is that a guy (18 years old) who had sex with 5 months old baby gets sentence minimum of only 10 years. I was like WTF? He deserves lifetime imprisonment because 5 months old babies can not protect themselves and he took advantage of it. It proves me that law is not eventually applied justice.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/sex-offender-statistics/

http://www.csom.org/pubs/mythsfacts.html

The problem Im seeing this as it actually encourage negative consequences when we advertise who is sex offenders. Which that means any sex offenders is gonna have hard time find job, hard time to have a living so these ex offenders would even more tempted to do other crimes to support themselves.

Your friend is classified as an offender. Not a predator. He would not have a big red sign out in his yard if he lived in Bradford county. They only gave them to the predators.

Last edited:
Back